All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I'm a huge, HUGE fan of that play and you don't see it often enough. I think the Gophers (Claeys?) did that a few years back.

But Vikings come away with the win!!!! Holy shit, 12 wins.
To me it’s a no brainer in the NFL as the 2 pt conversion is from the 2 instead of 3.

Last week the Offense, Defense and Special teams were awful in the first half and great in the second.

This week the defense only allowed a single touchdown in the first half and 2 FGs in the 3rd Quarter while the Offense got a single touchdown and FG in the first 3 quarters. '

Then the Offense got 3 TD in the 4th while the Defense gave up 10 points and the Special Teams got a 61 yard FG!

This is a VERY hard team to understand.

Is it just me or are opposing kickers automatic from 50+ against the Vikings?
The Vikings opposing kickers make FG's at a higher rate than any team over the last 10 years or so. I saw that in the last year. It's not our imagination. #MinnesotaSports.

The Vikings opposing kickers make FG's at a higher rate than any team over the last 10 years or so. I saw that in the last year. It's not our imagination. #MinnesotaSports.
Maybe the Zygi Dome is particularly hospitable for opposing kickers?
This all ends losing to the Packers in the 1st round, doesn't it?
Go Fins.

2 words. Their defense
I am not sure defense can win you championships anymore. The offenses are too good that even with a back-up QB in the game Dallas gave up a bunch of points yesterday. The key is you have to take advantage of turnovers. When the QB throws the ball you have to catch it for an int you can’t let it bounce of your hands. Minnesota is +6 in the take give. Maybe this is the year things work out.

Enjoy the ride: some things in life don’t make sense, thank goodness!
Indeed. This is only the 4th time since the 16 game NFL schedule was derived in 1978 that the Vikings have won as many as 12 regular season contests.

Also did it 4 times when it was only 14 games.

No matter what, it's been a hoot.

Last edited:

Is our awesome season going to end with a playoff home loss to the Packers?! 🤮
I don't think we will play them if they get in.

If they beat us, we drop to the 3 seed more than likely. San Fran would be the favorite for the 2 seed where they would play the packers. The niners have the tie-breaker over the Vikings with the same record.

How about we beat the packers and end their season. That would be rather fun.

Last edited:

I don't think we will play them if they get in.

If they beat us, we drop to the 3 seed more than likely. San Fran would be the favorite for the 2 seed where they would play the packers. The niners have the tie-breaker over the Vikings with the same record.

How about we beat the packers and end their season. That would be rather fun.
Plus the Giants would have to lose to both the Colts & Eagles for the Packers to leap frog to the #6 Seed. Unlikely, but anything is possible at this stage.

Top Bottom