All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Jets are in free fall - how utterly Jet like.
They just benched Wilson and not for Flaxo, whose had a nice season for them, but for Mike White, who has worse stats than Flaxo, but is younger; talking heads postulating that Wilson’s days are numbered in my beloved 🍎 vs. him sitting the petulant pouter for a spell.

That’s a W baby!

Last edited:

I was at the game and they showed replays to death while officiating reviewed it themselves. I think they got the call right because the possession wasn't maintained when the ball hit the ground. If his hand would have been more underneath the ball its probably a good catch even if he bobbles. But it hit the ground and appears the ground aided the possession, thus is incomplete.

Easy call. Can’t believe he’s whining about it

He dropped the TD. Sorry Bill.
Easy call. Can’t believe he’s whining about it
I don't think he's whining about the call, just irritated about the question from the press reporter.

That's not unique by the way. It's rare he gets a question he's not bugged by that gets him to respond in a non-condescending tone.

We all love winning -- but does anyone else hate our defense?

I feel like the identity of our defense is "just try to slow them down enough to let the offense win the game." It feels like perpetual prevent defense.

I actually got excited the few plays where we lined up in that big blitz showing formation, and actually went after them!

Would rather go down fighting. Our defense is the opposite of fighting for it.

Also really disappointed in our pass rush.

Maybe it has been the case that Hunter has gone against some really good Tackles .... but just feels like "why do we pay this guy??". Doesn't seem much better than Wonnum.

I see the last few games they got rid of that silly thing of having him go out of a 2 point. He was never built for that and never came up in that kind of defense.

Back to a 3 point stance, to try to generate some more pass rush out of him. Still hasn't really done much.

I feel like the identity of our defense is "just try to slow them down enough to let the offense win the game." It feels like perpetual prevent defense.

I actually got excited the few plays where we lined up in that big blitz showing formation, and actually went after them!

They’re using the tools they got sunshine.

I’ll take 9-2 - seems like a good formula thus far. When they get healthier 🤞 with their DBs then I’d look for them to blitz more later in the season/playoffs. There is probably more thought on their end than on ours😉. They actually do it for a living.

Maybe we're 10-1 if our defense fights for it?

On the other hand, tough to see us not getting ragdolled against Philly and Dallas no matter what we do.

Winning sure is fun.

Skol Vikes!!

It's fantastic!! I think everyone gets that the team has issues and may not make a long postseason run but this is much better than the alternative. At this point the question probably is, what would the level of fallout be if they make the playoffs as the #3 seed or so and lose in the first round? Not saying they will lose in the first round but it could happen.

Might as well just enjoy the ride and enjoy the Packers struggles!

Jets are in free fall - how utterly Jet like.
They just benched Wilson and not for Flaxo, whose had a nice season for them, but for Mike White, who has worse stats than Flaxo, but is younger; talking heads postulating that Wilson’s days are numbered in my beloved 🍎 vs. him sitting the petulant pouter for a spell.

That’s a W baby!
The Vikings should flip either the Jets or 49'ers a 5th round pick for Lance or Wilson in the off-season. A cheap back-up/possible Cousins successor. They won't get one through the draft anytime soon. I'd rather give Lance a shot, but I'm open-minded to either one.

The Vikings would have 10 wins minimum if they beat them next week and then have the tiebreaker.
They would have the tiebreaker at that moment, but it is not assured though. If either Detroit or GB were to run the table, they can both still get to 10-7, still split with the Vikings head-to-head and end up with a better division record.

Yes but I also think the run blocking is not great as he is doing a lot of dancing before hitting the hole.
Although he's still solid, and better than Mattison, there's really no way he should be on the roster next year at his cap #.

If Denver's entire coaching staff gets blown out, we need to jump all over their DC. He was with the Rams last year so presumably O'Connell would have a good shot at landing him. I'm not sure why we didn't get him this year, but it may have been a timing thing. Either that or get Vic Fangio to come out of retirement.

I don't hate the Vikes defense. Don't love it either.

Serviceable and when they create or take advantage of miscues for turnovers the Purple are above average. I was concerned it would take steps backward post-Zim (and they weren't that great to begin with the past 2 seasons), but they haven't.

They would have the tiebreaker at that moment, but it is not assured though. If either Detroit or GB were to run the table, they can both still get to 10-7, still split with the Vikings head-to-head and end up with a better division record.
Yeah for some reason I thought the Vikings played the Lions next week. That's not until the week after.

Also really disappointed in our pass rush.

Maybe it has been the case that Hunter has gone against some really good Tackles .... but just feels like "why do we pay this guy??". Doesn't seem much better than Wonnum.

I see the last few games they got rid of that silly thing of having him go out of a 2 point. He was never built for that and never came up in that kind of defense.

Back to a 3 point stance, to try to generate some more pass rush out of him. Still hasn't really done much.
Hunter has been a massive disappointment this year, and has cost himself big bucks next year. Z on the other hand has exceeded expectations, so I suppose it balanced out a bit.

The Vikings should flip either the Jets or 49'ers a 5th round pick for Lance or Wilson in the off-season. A cheap back-up/possible Cousins successor. They won't get one through the draft anytime soon. I'd rather give Lance a shot, but I'm open-minded to either one.
Do you remember what the Cards got for Rosen? Just like QBs are overdrafted compared to their projections, they are also traded for higher value than they are worth, because highly drafted but available QBs don’t grow on trees. Everybody sees the college tape and thinks they are the ones that can get the production out of them. Hubris is high in NFL GMs. It’ll take much more than a 5th rounder for either one.

Do you remember what the Cards got for Rosen? Just like QBs are overdrafted compared to their projections, they are also traded for higher value than they are worth, because highly drafted but available QBs don’t grow on trees. Everybody sees the college tape and thinks they are the ones that can get the production out of them. Hubris is high in NFL GMs. It’ll take much more than a 5th rounder for either one.

Would you be willing to trade for egg other of them? If yes, what would you be willing to offer?

Hunter has been a massive disappointment this year, and has cost himself big bucks next year. Z on the other hand has exceeded expectations, so I suppose it balanced out a bit.
For sure. Just too bad Z has had some injury issues. I think that has limited him last couple games?

Top Bottom