All Things 2022 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

You hate to see it. Of course it was terrifying Sunday when he was hurt and grabbing the back of his knee.

Yeah. When it's someone that young it's usually a drug overdose or that. Either way, sad.
Human nature makes it tough to not jump to conclusions. Never would have guessed what the Marion Barber III investigation turned up though.

Regardless as you said, very sad (and tragic).

Bad trade. Hockenson is the 13th rated TE according to PFF. So, they essentially traded a 2nd Round pick for a slightly above average starting TE who will cost a lot of money moving forward. That's really stupid. You can draft better than that and pay much less.

They'd have been better doing nothing or improving the pass defense.

Bad trade. Hockenson is the 13th rated TE according to PFF. So, they essentially traded a 2nd Round pick for a slightly above average starting TE who will cost a lot of money moving forward. That's really stupid. You can draft better than that and pay much less.

You mean like drafting Irv Smith or Kyle Rudolph? I'll take Hockenson over both.

And they traded an end of a 2nd round pick for a top of a 4th round pick. That's really not much to give up.

Do you ever like anything? Or ever see something as a positive?

Jesus.

So you would've been comfortable with Mundt starting at TE the rest of the year? This is a massive upgrade at the TE spot, even if Irv Smith wasn't injured. CBS disagrees with you big-time...

If him and TJ are gonna play together it’s gonna be in the playoffs.
Damn, Irv injured. Didn't feel like he was a huge part of the offense so far this year, either.

Mundt doing a great job as a blocker and occasional contributor.

Irv's career her feels very unfortunately underwhelming. Injury last year.

Just seeing the news. Wow! I think it's a great move. Not one that was on anyone's radar I imagine.

The only positive with it is he isn't making much. But yeah, giving up a 2nd rounder doesn't make sense for them. They need a lot to be competitive. I'd rather have an early 2nd rounder than him if you're in their position.

saw a tweet that Smith may be out 6 weeks or more with a high ankle sprain.

that puts the trade in perspective.

as of right now, Mundt is the only other TE on the active roster.

Ellefson is on the injured list.

Hollister and Muse are on the practice squad. (who?)

that's not exactly Murderer's Row when it comes to TE's.

Hockenson may not be a HOF player, but he's not terrible. Over 60 catches in a season twice. for his career, 186 catches for over 2,000 yards and 15 TD's.

Yeah. When it's someone that young it's usually a drug overdose or that. Either way, sad.

I wonder: is it possible it might have been a car crash?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released its early estimate of traffic fatalities for 2021. NHTSA projects that an estimated 42,915 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes last year, a 10.5% increase from the 38,824 fatalities in 2020.May 17, 2022

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has released its early estimate of traffic fatalities for 2021. NHTSA projects that an estimated 42,915 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes last year, a 10.5% increase from the 38,824 fatalities in 2020.May 17, 2022
Anything's possible, but if it was a car crash, or other medical issue, they don't usually keep it out of the reporting.

He was found dead at home.

Top Bottom