All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Buck looked great on his First 2 hits tonight- head was right on the ball and he wasn’t pulling off it

Great game - well played and clean. Good game plan and Chi Chi gave us what was needed an opener for a bullpen game. Moran is gonna be fun to watch once he gets some more experience - he got the right stuff

and then there is the Jim Kaat story.

if you missed it, Kaat - the 80+ year old former Twins pitcher who will be inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame this year - is catching a lot of flak for a comment he made while doing color for the Twins' TV broadcast.

while praising Yankee pitcher Nestor Cortez, Kaat called him "Nestor the Molester," because Kaat said he 'molests' hitters.

again - the guy is over 80. in his day, to 'molest' someone had a different connotation.

FWIW - Cortez said he was not offended. "Everyone makes mistakes."

and, to show you how my mind works, it reminded me that Hustler magazine used to have a regular cartoon called "Chester the Molester." I don't think that would fly today, even in Hustler.
My mind immediately flashed to former Raiders CB Lester Hayes from the’80s. 40 years ago, it was a great nickname, probably a good thing for broadcasters that the Chester/Lester/Nestor’s are few and far between.

The Twins get Berrios again this afternoon who has been mostly terrible this season. So he'll likely be lights out today.

A few weeks ago I was all about releasing Gordon to make room for Lewis. But man has he been good lately.

No need to release him IMO, he could well be part of a package to bland Frankie Montas. He has value as he can play multiple positions and hits enough and is a decent fielder and still only 26.

Additionally - I think he could be a “poor man’s” Delino DeShields if he got to play regularly - ability to use his speed to be disruptive.

It's going to be a long game as they'll leave Bundy in no matter what since they're already so short-handed.

Angel Hernandez has to have dirt on someone for him to still have a job.

This should be Bundy's last start as a Twin. It won't be, but it should be. Smeltzer/Winder are both much better. I'd take Chi Chi over him for God's sake.

We seem to be plummeting to a .500 record. Which might still be good enough to win this dreadful division.

This should be Bundy's last start as a Twin. It won't be, but it should be. Smeltzer/Winder are both much better. I'd take Chi Chi over him for God's sake.
I think he's done for good.

They have a good idea of who might be able to help in the minors and I will be shocked if we don't make a trade for another starter and hopefully for a bullpen arm or two as well.

Impressive AB Miranda to grind out a single with 2 outs to put us up 3 - 🍩 in the top of the first.

He can play a good 3B S he has a cannon and good reactions, he’ll get better at first with more game reps and practice as he doesn’t have the footwork done yet - I can see this as he keeps his foot on the top of the bag and it should definitely be on the side, so you don’t get spiked, but love how his bat is progressing😍😍

Last edited:

Amazing DB to get us out of the first, I look for Smeltzer to settle down the rest of the way and get us into the 6

Slightly Puzzled by pulling Smeltzer after 4 innings and 60 some pitches.

Maybe he didn’t want the Jays to do through their lineup a third time - I’m interested what his splits are per AB - does it pop from second to third time?

Last edited:

I agree but I bet he gets at least one more start with several guys out still.

Slightly Puzzled by pulling Smeltzer after 4 innings and 60 some pitches.

Maybe he didn’t want the Jays to do through their lineup a third time - I’m interested what his splits are per AB - does it pop from second to third time?
My guess is they can pretty much throw the entire bullpen out there today with a day off tomorrow and several guys that will be fresh after not traveling to Toronto. I would have left him in too but I understand this move a little more than other moves he's made in the past.

Smeltzer is the #1 pitcher on our staff at present. Such a statement would've been ludicrous a month ago.

Duran takes a line drive off his leg, it’s uncertain if he’ll stay in the game. He does and throws a pitch 102.6 mph shortly after. What a weapon.

Took 2 of 3 in Toronto and should get a lot healthier this week.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom