All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Soto walks the first 2 on 8 pitches and then strikes out Kepler on three straight

That was a worse choke than the timberwolves choke.

Twins walkoff little League style again!

Sano horrible base running, but put the ball in play and hit it hard.

Sano’s lack of familiarity with base running showed. Thank goodness Detroit bailed him out.

Sano not knowing how to run bases scrambled all the Detroit players brains.
Our reward for the Wolves choking. Completely brain-dead by Sano and it works out somehow. Despite his one hit, get him off the roster for a bit please. Surely he pulled something running the bases there.

Also, Paddock looks decent, but they need a closer badly. Pagan is not it. Duffy can't do it. They won't pitch Duran two days in a row. They will have to over-pay to get someone to trade early.

Last night's win combined with the win vs. the White Sox over the weekend, where Tim Anderson threw the ball away (and if I'm correct, set in motion this winning streak). . .I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but these types of wins, particularly with not all the bats functioning as we anticipate they will and with the bullpen not settled yet. . .it's just an interesting sprinkling of magic early in the season. I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I promise. But it's interesting.

Last night's win combined with the win vs. the White Sox over the weekend, where Tim Anderson threw the ball away (and if I'm correct, set in motion this winning streak). . .I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but these types of wins, particularly with not all the bats functioning as we anticipate they will and with the bullpen not settled yet. . .it's just an interesting sprinkling of magic early in the season. I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I promise. But it's interesting.
It's just nice to watch other teams piss down their leg every once and a while because sometimes I think I'm the only fan in the world that has to deal with it.

If only he put the ball in play more often we would really have something. He is what he is and they ain’t gonna trade him. He also is not the reason the team is losing, but when Buxton and Sano were sold as the future the “fans” get upset.

If only he put the ball in play more often we would really have something. He is what he is and they ain’t gonna trade him. He also is not the reason the team is losing, but when Buxton and Sano were sold as the future the “fans” get upset.
At one point and time they were the future and Buck was the overall #3 prospect and Miggy #5 in MLB - Miggy’s first three years backed it up, finishing 3 in ROY voting, being an All-Star and his appearance in the HR Derby- he signed the big extension and got fat and happy and literally almost ate himself out of the league. Many highly touted prospects never achieve what he has has already - baseball and the Twins are littered with them.

He’s a convenient whipping boy and he’ll either get back to being a functional MLB hitter this year or he won’t - here’s hoping he does!

His strikeout rate is down and his walk rate is up.

With his exit velocity, he figures to be the unluckiest hitter in MLB.

I was just reading a little snippet on cbs sportsline about Milwaukee's pitcher Ben Lauer, who they acquired in a trade a couple years ago with San Diego, worked through a few mechanical adjustments, had a really solid season last year and has been a stud this season.

I say all this with the hopes that a similar trajectory occurs with Paddack. It'd be quite nice to have a 26 year old stud at the front of the rotation secured for the next three seasons.

I was just reading a little snippet on cbs sportsline about Milwaukee's pitcher Ben Lauer, who they acquired in a trade a couple years ago with San Diego, worked through a few mechanical adjustments, had a really solid season last year and has been a stud this season.

I say all this with the hopes that a similar trajectory occurs with Paddack. It'd be quite nice to have a 26 year old stud at the front of the rotation secured for the next three seasons.

Good post and comp

I watched the whole game last night and he was in control of it and only one walk😍

With the White Sox having injury problems, the AL Central is looking like a division where 85 to 90.games could win it. The Twins should be in the mix.

His strikeout rate is down and his walk rate is up.

With his exit velocity, he figures to be the unluckiest hitter in MLB.
I did see that his whiff rate is 11% this year which is year low. It does make you wonder is getting slightly more “on top of the ball” would make the long fly balls turn in doubles or is it simply just crap weather and the ball will start flying in June, July, and august.

At this point i don’t blame him for anything cause he is what he is. He’s not a great hitter, he’s not a great fielder, and he’s not a great runner.

Max with an HR 💣 to left. Keep going to left Max and you’ll have a very good year

Gross man executed perfect bunt down third base line and gets called out for bunting out of the batter’s 📦 - never seen that called before - I love jankey baseball plays.

It was also incorrectly called as his foot hadn’t yet landed out of the 📦

Last edited:

Top Bottom