All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Insane…..you do you Canada
I am not sure but I believe the US has the same policy the difference is there is only 1 team in Canada and the whole team is vaccinated or they would not be allowed to play in Canada. Not sure that’s 100% accurate but I know people were writing about the USA policy when the twins went to Canada.

Insane…..you do you Canada
It'll be interesting if the Blue Jays make the playoffs. Although the Yankees are all vaccinated too so that won't hurt them. But almost every other AL team will lose some guys for games in Toronto.

It'll be interesting if the Blue Jays make the playoffs. Although the Yankees are all vaccinated too so that won't hurt them. But almost every other AL team will lose some guys for games in Toronto.
I wonder if it impacts Kepler's trade value. All the teams in the East have to play in Toronto (9-10 this year, 7 next year), plus potential Playoff opponent.

Last edited:

The twins might not trade for a bat at the trade deadline, but getting Sano back is as good as a trade. 😂

I wonder if it impacts Kepler's trade value. All the teams in the East have to play in Toronto (9-10 this year, 7 next year), plus potential Playoff opponent.
I don't see them trading Kepler now anyways with Larnach out. They'd be one injury away from having Jake Cave play significant time.

I don't see them trading Kepler now anyways with Larnach out. They'd be one injury away from having Jake Cave play significant time.
Have you seen Divin Jake Cave in AAA. He’s hitting like .300 and was on base for 50 games in a row or something silly like that. Now I don’t want him back but at least now he’s playing well.

some minor-league news today.

slugging OF prospect Matt Wallner moved up to AAA. slashing .299/.436/.579 with an OPS of 1.033. 21HR, 64RBI in 78 games.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand IF moved up to AA. slashing .296/.370/.599 with an OPS of .969.
20HR, 68 RBI in 74 games.

and just for fun -
Miguel Sano - in 2 games at AAA St. Paul - 1 for 4 with a 2B and 2 RBI. 1BB and 2 K.

Update on all players involved in trades before this season started. Not a whole lot of hitting from anyone so far.

C Mitch Garver (TX): .205/.292/.638 with 3 HR, 8 RBI
IF Isiah Kiner-Falefa (NYY): .277/.326/.671 with 0 HR, 7 RBI
P Chase Petty (CINC - minors): 0-2, 3.20 ERA in 19.2 IP in A, just turned 19 in April
3B Josh Donaldson (NYY): .220/.336/.688 with 2 HR, 7 RBI
C Ben Rortvedt (NYY): injured, hasn't played

P Ronny Henriquez (MN-minors): 0-1. 5.00 ERA in 9 IP in AAA, just 21 yrs old
P Sonny Gray (MN): 0-1, 3.48 ERA in 10.1 IP
P Francis Peguero (MN-minors): no appearances so far, 4.72 career minor league ERA, 24 years old
C Gary Sanchez (MN): .211/.273/.625 with 1 HR, 9 RBI
3B Gio Urshela (MN): .232/.298/.591 with 1 HR, 7 RBI
Update. I don't know how I missed the trade with the Padres the first time so have added those players. I know the Rogers trade doesn't look good right now but the other ones have been upgrades for sure.
C Mitch Garver (TX): .207/.298/.702 with 10 HR, 24 RBI
IF Isiah Kiner-Falefa (NYY): .271/.318/.665 with 0 HR, 24 RBI
P Chase Petty (CINC - minors): 0-4, 3.39 ERA in 66 IP, 58 K in A, just turned 19 in April
3B Josh Donaldson (NYY): .225/.395/.706 with 9 HR, 34 RBI
C Ben Rortvedt (NYY): injured, hasn't played except for a few games in the minors
P Taylor Rogers (SD): 0-4, 4.04 ERA, 24 Saves

P Ronny Henriquez (MN-minors): 1-4. 6.19 ERA in 56.2 IP, 61 K in AAA, just 21 yrs old
P Sonny Gray (MN): 4-2, 3.03 ERA in 59.1 IP
P Francis Peguero (MN-minors): been hurt, just made two appearances in the GCL, 24 years old
C Gary Sanchez (MN): .217/.313/.691 with 10 HR, 36 RBI
3B Gio Urshela (MN): .261/.307/.712 with 8 HR, 35 RBI
P Emilio Pagan (MN): 3-3, 4.99 ERA, 9 Saves
P Chris Paddock (MN): 1-2, 4.03 ERA in 22.1 IP. Done for the season.

Update. I don't know how I missed the trade with the Padres the first time so have added those players. I know the Rogers trade doesn't look good right now but the other ones have been upgrades for sure.
C Mitch Garver (TX): .207/.298/.702 with 10 HR, 24 RBI
IF Isiah Kiner-Falefa (NYY): .271/.318/.665 with 0 HR, 24 RBI
P Chase Petty (CINC - minors): 0-4, 3.39 ERA in 66 IP, 58 K in A, just turned 19 in April
3B Josh Donaldson (NYY): .225/.395/.706 with 9 HR, 34 RBI
C Ben Rortvedt (NYY): injured, hasn't played except for a few games in the minors
P Taylor Rogers (SD): 0-4, 4.04 ERA, 24 Saves

P Ronny Henriquez (MN-minors): 1-4. 6.19 ERA in 56.2 IP, 61 K in AAA, just 21 yrs old
P Sonny Gray (MN): 4-2, 3.03 ERA in 59.1 IP
P Francis Peguero (MN-minors): been hurt, just made two appearances in the GCL, 24 years old
C Gary Sanchez (MN): .217/.313/.691 with 10 HR, 36 RBI
3B Gio Urshela (MN): .261/.307/.712 with 8 HR, 35 RBI
P Emilio Pagan (MN): 3-3, 4.99 ERA, 9 Saves
P Chris Paddock (MN): 1-2, 4.03 ERA in 22.1 IP. Done for the season.
Garver is also done for the year.

Win some. Lose some.

Don’t look now but Jeffers is batting .217 and Buxton is batting .207. That’s very disappointing.

No challenge interesting. Not a great skid by Urshela. Would think the in deck guy should be signaling to move away from the catcher for a hook slide.

Of course Jeffers can’t get a triple out of a drive to left center off the wall.
Buxton can get one, though.

And with no outs, we can't score him.

Have you ever seen a team that literally screws the pooch with men on base continuously?

Have you ever seen a team that literally screws the pooch with men on base continuously?
The situational hitting is atrocious. Polanco watching strike 3 in that situation is so bad. You gotta foul it off or something. Twins should have 4-5 runs in the first 3 innings.

I thought the same thing but they are batting .254 with RISP which is 7th in baseball. The fact this game is not 4-2 right now twins is all self inflicted issues.

Sonny Gray gives up a grandslam and the White Sox lead 6-1. Gray has now given up 17 ER in his last 5 starts. He has failed to pitch beyond 5 innings in 4 of those starts as he lasts just 3.2 IP tonight. Another frustrating SP performance. Need the offense to rally and the pen to keep it close.

Sonny Gray gives up a grandslam and the White Sox lead 6-1. Gray has now given up 17 ER in his last 5 starts. He has failed to pitch beyond 5 innings in 4 of those starts as he lasts just 3.2 IP tonight. Another frustrating SP performance. Need the offense to rally and the pen to keep it close.
Bring back Wes Johnson.

For a game that prides itself on its tradition and history it really is sad that they allow position players to pitch. If you don’t wanna out a pitcher out there the game should be called and you should have to give every fan in attendance their money back. There is nothing ”cool” watching Nick Gordon give you laser beams all over the ball park just cause you wanna save your bullpen

For a game that prides itself on its tradition and history it really is sad that they allow position players to pitch. If you don’t wanna out a pitcher out there the game should be called and you should have to give every fan in attendance their money back. There is nothing ”cool” watching Nick Gordon give you laser beams all over the ball park just cause you wanna save your bullpen
It's an embarrassment to the game.

Starters need to be pitching more than 200 innings a game. Carrying 13 pitchers is a disgrace.

Top Bottom