All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Giving up 3 such games within a week to what looks like one's main rival. Pretty epic .
8th inning 2 of games? Please. Hardly noteworthy at all, much less epic.

The bullpen has to get better, no doubt, but at the end of today they have actually increased the lead since the beginning of last week over the Guards. Also now even in the loss column. Cleveland was red hot before the start of the series at Target Field.

Epic?!? Remembering Ron Davis vs Cleveland/Jamie Quirk in '84, now THAT was epic.

Winder goes into the bullpen after this no matter what. A much needed boost for our bullpen, especially from the left side.
Radio broadcast said he will make his next start for the Saints.

Oneil Cruz. 6 ft 7 rookie SS for the Pirates. Radar gun had him throwing 97 mph from the hole to gun a guy out at 1st last week.

1st HR of year. Laser. Loud contact.

The bullpen has to get better, no doubt, but at the end of today they have actually increased the lead since the beginning of last week over the Guards. Also now even in the loss column. Cleveland was red hot before the start of the series at Target Field.

Epic?!? Remembering Ron Davis vs Cleveland/Jamie Quirk in '84, now THAT was epic.

No. Take a look into baseball history. Three such losses agsinst one's main rival in such a short time just doesn't happen. Epic.

Well, the Twins were leading the 1st game of the DH on Tuesday - and then Pagan blew up.

Bottom of 8th: Walk, Walk, wild pitch, 2-run single. Guardians lead 3-2. still nobody out and Thielbar in to pitch.
The Taylor Rogers trade might be top 5 all time bad Twins trades. Pagan has cost them 6 games in the standings vs Cleveland in a week. Amazing. #FireFalvey.

Last edited:

More in depth stuff on the Wes Johnson departure.

As for short term replacements per the article:

Likely candidates are assistant pitching coach Luis Ramirez, bullpen coach Pete Maki and run prevention coordinator Colby Suggs, though the team has emphasized it will be a group effort to finish this season.

I find it hard to believe the scribe wrote bolded with a straight face. Uffda.
It's not the days of TK anymore is it....

Radio broadcast said he will make his next start for the Saints.
I believe any player called up for the double header must go back down right after the game. As I mentioned earlier Gleeman and the Geek were speculating that this was to limit service time in 2022 and not allow he to accrue a full year in 2022.

You went all R D on us? Noooooooooo!!!!
If this triggers my PTTD and I need a therapy session - you sir will be sent the bill

Also I think Mr. Moran may be a legit piece to our bulllen puzzle 🧩 - his stuff is nasty and he’s chilling like a villain on the mound. He can move up to the 7/8 innings slot and get one more veteran power arm.

Last edited:

You went all R D on us? Noooooooooo!!!!
If this triggers my PTTD and I need a therapy session - you sir will be sent the bill

Also I think Mr. Moran may be a legit piece to our bulllen puzzle 🧩 - his stuff is nasty and he’s chilling like a villain on the mound. He ahoy move up to the 7/8 innings slot and get one more veteran power arm.
Sorry, my bad.

No. Take a look into baseball history. Three such losses agsinst one's main rival in such a short time just doesn't happen. Epic.
Per MGM there have been 302 blown saves in 813 games so far in 2022. 37% of the time. So 3 in a week, no matter against whom, just not epic. Also of note, the Twins bullpen strung 14 scoreless innings (several high leverage) between the 11-10 game up until giving up a run in the 9th in Monday's game which they held on for a 10-1 win.

So the Cleveland bullpen also blew saves in all three games the Twins eventually lost. Was that epic?

Per MGM there have been 302 blown saves in 813 games so far in 2022. 37% of the time. So 3 in a week, no matter against whom, just not epic. Also of note, the Twins bullpen strung 14 scoreless innings (several high leverage) between the 11-10 game up until giving up a run in the 9th in Monday's game which they held on for a 10-1 win.

So the Cleveland bullpen also blew saves in all three games the Twins eventually lost. Was that epic?

Of course not, the result is important. Kirby Puckett's game 6 homer isn't epic without the win. As well, your stats have no bearing on this situation. This was an epic bullpen failure.

Winder needs to stay up with the team. I'd piggy back him with Archer. Archer goes the first 4 or 5 innings, Winder goes the next 3 or 4.

Of course not, the result is important. Kirby Puckett's game 6 homer isn't epic without the win. As well, your stats have no bearing on this situation. This was an epic bullpen failure.

Puckett's HR was "epic" because it was heroic.

The Twins bullpen coughing up leads prior to the 9th inning in June, is just baseball. Happens 37% of the time to all teams so far in 2022.

Granted they need to get better, as stated.

Puckett's HR was "epic" because it was heroic.

The Twins bullpen coughing up leads prior to the 9th inning in June, is just baseball. Happens 37% of the time to all teams so far in 2022.

Granted they need to get better, as stated.

Doesn't happen in this fashion to one's main rival in a week.

FUN FACT-

Buck has 52 homers in his last 162 games played (a season’s worth) - third most over that span of games played in Twins history behind Nellie and Harmonious- the article inexplicably didn’t provide their totals-

Last edited:

You are confusing coincidence with epic.

Nope. The puckett reference disabuses your notion that the outcome doesn't matter. You are also unable to reference similar catastrophes to that which our bullpen treated us.

Nope. The puckett reference disabuses your notion that the outcome doesn't matter. You are also unable to reference similar catastrophes to that which our bullpen treated us.
No, the Puckett HR was heroic/epic was because it was in extra innings of an elimination World Series game.

Catastrophe? Giving up a 1 run leads in the 8th in June? Just part of the game. If they had gotten to the last out or even the 9th all 3 times, maybe that would qualify as epic.

They also converted a save last Thursday in a 1-0 game, so it wasn't all for naught.

No, the Puckett HR was heroic/epic was because it was in extra innings of an elimination World Series game.

Catastrophe? Giving up a 1 run leads in the 8th in June? Just part of the game. If they had gotten to the last out or even the 9th all 3 times, maybe that would qualify as epic.

They also converted a save last Thursday in a 1-0 game, so it wasn't all for naught.

Feels like you are repeating yourself now. Feels like this I kind of going nowhere. Agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Not Twins related but it’s amazing how bad the Angels continue to be with these guys. Trout has played in 3 playoff games in his entire career.

The kicker is that Phil Nevin the Interim Manager got suspended for ten games for their brawl with Seattle.

Word is This guy has been installed as the acting Interim Manager from bench coach(assistant) to the Interim Manager -

Top Bottom