All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Only arraez, buxton, and correa have stats that are impressive. And who knows what will happen with buxton. Would be nice if polanco and a couple others stepped it up second half.

Larnach back in IL with core muscle strain - I hope he doesn’t he become that guy who gets injured every other month or so.

Twins hadn’t played in consecutive 1-0 games since 1971.

Once again getting the absolute least out of a situation. Single followed by a triple. Buxton on third with no one out and the ball is never put in play as they go strike out, walk, strike out, strike out. That is just awful. You could hit a pop up to the pitcher and Buxton could tag up and score. Nope the feast or famine twins strike out.

Once again getting the absolute least out of a situation. Single followed by a triple. Buxton on third with no one out and the ball is never put in play as they go strike out, walk, strike out, strike out. That is just awful. You could hit a pop up to the pitcher and Buxton could tag up and score. Nope the feast or famine twins strike out.
Against one of the worst strikeout pitchers in all of baseball.

Archer is continuing to ramp up and may end up being the only original starter from the rotation to not go on the IL - now watch him go on the IL after today’s start

Archer is continuing to ramp up and may end up being the only original starter from the rotation to not go on the IL - now watch him go on the IL after today’s start
You better hope this is not a jinx..I doubted him and I believe you said he was pitching good and you were correct. He has been good. Not to be too positive if they can help him come back why can’t they develop younger pitchers?

😉

You better hope this is not a jinx..I doubted him and I believe you said he was pitching good and you were correct. He has been good. Not to be too positive if they can help him come back why can’t they develop younger pitchers?

😉
I think the Twins have a pretty good mix of young pitchers showing potential and/or executing at the MLB level currently. While several came over in trades, most have been in the organization for at least a year. As always, health will play a major role as guys like Winder, Alcala and Ober have already landed on the IL.

Jorge Alcala (26)
Jhoan Duran (24)
Joe Ryan (26)
Devin Smeltzer (26)
Josh Winder (25)
Bailey Ober (26)

Matt Cantertino (24) will likely be competing for a roster spot within the next year. As far as development goes, looking to see if they can help Simeon Woods Richardson (21) make the next step.

😉

Wait for the plethora of pitching prospects to be making their imprint over the next several years as we’re stacked in the minors.

They developed Jax and Ober and Winder who I think will be a solid starter. Also Moran has plenty of arm talent.

You can also say we developed Duran and Smeltzer.

I think Archer will be going 6+ in the second half - yes I got one right, but even a broken ⏰ is right twice a day

Last edited:

Jose Berrios got absolutely shelled again today. He now has an ERA in the high 5’s, over a run per game worse than Bundy.

Real nice pick my AK to end the 8th - if he can continue to hit then I think it makes more sense to make ARraez the primary DH and you can still play him in the field when you give Polanco or AK a day off.
I think him at first makes are D only better

Real nice pick my AK to end the 8th - if he can continue to hit then I think it makes more sense to make ARraez the primary DH and you can still play him in the field when you give Polanco or AK a day off.
I think him at first makes are D only better
Yep, just have to plan ahead to Arraez is in the field when Buxton is DH’ing.

So I didn’t plan ahead very well. My wife is from western New York and we’re driving there later this week to visit. We’ll stop in Cleveland to visit as well as she worked a few years at the Cleveland Clinic. We’ll get to Cleveland Thursday evening. The Twins wrap up their series there Thursday afternoon.

*Slaps forehead*

So I didn’t plan ahead very well. My wife is from western New York and we’re driving there later this week to visit. We’ll stop in Cleveland to visit as well as she worked a few years at the Cleveland Clinic. We’ll get to Cleveland Thursday evening. The Twins wrap up their series there Thursday afternoon.

*Slaps forehead*

That sux
Speeding?
Batan March?

the part that gets me is this:

who walks away from their job with 4 days notice?

from all accounts, the Twins' organization did not know anything about this until this weekend.
So a well-paid member of your leadership team secretly negotiates for a new position, and then walks away with almost no notice.

that's just not not "professional."

it would be interesting to read his Twins' contract to see what it says about giving notice of termination.

according to a Tweet from Reusse, players were finding out about this from social media reports while the team is on the freakin' plane. so the pitchers are finding out their pitching coach is bailing on the team mid-season, but they still have to work with the guy this week.

OH - and the Twins are playing the team that is chasing them in the standings for a key 5-game series.

What could go wrong?

*Slaps forehead*

Aw, man. You gotta find a way to get there by noon Tuesday. There's always a way.

from all accounts, the Twins' organization did not know anything about this until this weekend.
So a well-paid member of your leadership team secretly negotiates for a new position, and then walks away with almost no notice.

it would be interesting to read his Twins' contract to see what it says about giving notice of termination.

according to a Tweet from Reusse, players were finding out about this from social media reports while the team is on the freakin' plane. so the pitchers are finding out their pitching coach is bailing on the team mid-season, but they still have to work with the guy this week.

OH - and the Twins are playing the team that is chasing them in the standings for a key 5-game series.

What could go wrong?

Yes it’s beyond unprofessional and since the college season is over this could have waited for the AS break - if he was their guy and they wanted him the bad, they could have waited a few more weeks.

Fall ball in college baseball is important for development and working on new things. So I can see why he’d be needed then. Also, I doubt he’ll ever get another job at the pro level.

I hope this will galvanize the team and maybe they can put a fathead of Wes in the bullpen when he departs and have Duran warm up on it.

Sonny’s got the start tomorrow, good to have an experienced pro out there to handle the distraction and keep the club focused and man is he fun to watch pitch

Last edited:

In almost all cases, yes, it's completely unprofessional and not a good looking move from an optics standpoint.

But we don't know the dynamics of the situation either; how he gets along with Falvey/FO, animosity there, something been building for a long time, disrespected by certain members of the organization, friction with Rocco, who the hell knows.

Top Bottom