All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Bounce back and win the series today - Jeffers looks like he wants to be a part timer and Sanchez continues to give us some pop
Jeffers never could hit that’s why he was great with Garver who could play 80% and Jeffers could play 20%. Now with Sanchez you have an even worse fielding catcher then Garver.

Jeffers never could hit that’s why he was great with Garver who could play 80% and Jeffers could play 20%. Now with Sanchez you have an even worse fielding catcher then Garver.

I know, but they thought Jeffers was ready to go to the next level - you never know until they swing the stick, or example from last year to this year -
Larnach now looks like a legit starting LF who will hit for a good+ avg

Gil looked lost last year and now he isn’t an easy out and I don’t mind seeing I’m in the lineup

AK looked so promising last year before the injured wrist and this year looked completely lost

Jeffers now looks like his ceiling is low 200 with occasional power

Sanchez glove is like an iron, but Jeffers never throws out anyone anyway - it wouldn’t surprise me if Gary becomes the primary catcher - man he can drill 20-25 HRs if he gets enough ABs - strong as an Ox

Last edited:

Doesn't look good from the outside but I'm hopeful it's just for a short time to get him some time at 3B and OF before a quick call up again soon.

well. if you believe the Twins, they say Lewis will mainly play SS at AAA.

To be fair, this is a guy who missed two whole seasons of development. Since 2019, he has only played a handful of games at AAA and two weeks in the Majors.

He needs to play every day.

The Twins have Correa at SS. Celestino has been a solid backup CF for Buxton's "off-days."
Urshela is a solid 3B. Arraez is playing 1B to get his bat in the lineup.

And - Gordon is out of options, so if they send him down, he is exposed to waivers.

I don't like it, but I understand it.

But Twins Twitter is going berserk. You would think that the Twins were clubbing baby seals on top of the dugout between innings.

To be fair, this is a guy who missed two whole seasons of development. Since 2019, he has only played a handful of games at AAA and two weeks in the Majors.

The Twins have Correa at SS. Celestino has been a solid backup CF for Buxton's "off-days."

And - Gordon is out of options, so if they send him down, he is exposed to waivers.

But Twins Twitter is going berserk. You would think that the Twins were clubbing baby seals on top of the dugout between innings.
NIce to be able to make that announcement on the road

Yes, playing everyday is a big component and long term SS is where is needs to be.

By the time the All Star Break rolls around, I think the focus should be to have him help the pro franchise on the West side of the Mississippi River in whatever capacity he can.

In the short-term they could have sent Miranda out instead, but Larnach will also be back soon. There aren't really the reps in the outfield everyone says long-term. The only thing they could really do is rotate him and Correa between SS and DH but I'm not sure Correa is down for that.

Get him some reps at 3B in AAA and let him move between 3B and SS when you call him back up. Use Urshella at 1B some.

Exactly. Let him get some reps where he can learn and the errors don’t matter - our D is a big reason for our success
The problem i see is he’s not a finished product at SS so I want him to play there in AAA. I don’t see anyway Correa is back with the twins next year. It’s a catch 22, you want Lewis to help in 2022 cause the lineup ain’t that great, but he also can’t play shortstop. Then you want him to play shortstop and be in that position for the next 10 years with the twins.

They have to get rid of a pitcher eventually you can’t keep 14 pitchers and have only 3 extra position players besides a back up catcher.

I don't get it. That indicates to me they think Correa will opt out after this season I guess. Because it doesn't make sense for him to play only SS if they think Correa is going to be around for a few seasons.

The problem i see is he’s not a finished product at SS so I want him to play there in AAA. I don’t see anyway Correa is back with the twins next year. It’s a catch 22, you want Lewis to help in 2022 cause the lineup ain’t that great, but he also can’t play shortstop. Then you want him to play shortstop and be in that position for the next 10 years with the twins.

Clone him

Unless Correa doesn't opt out. Then he needs to switch positions. That's certainly a non-zero chance given how his season is going.

These guys project the White Sox with slight edge over the Twins, and the rest of the Central teams on the outside looking in.

Top Bottom