All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Time to invent an injury for Sano and send him on a long rehab. Get Miranda up here and DH or move Urshella to 1B.

Time to invent an injury for Sano and send him on a long rehab. Get Miranda up here and DH or move Urshella to 1B.

I think that having Kirilloff out has impacted the decision-making at 1B. If Kirilloff is healthy, then they have a viable option at 1B. With Kirilloff out - and no guarantee that the wrist problems are solved - then Sano is pretty much it at 1B unless you want to throw Arraez over there again.

and Miranda has not been lighting up AAA. currently hitting .246 with 1HR, 8RBI and an OPS of .700.

of the top prospects, the one doing the best in the minors is Royce Lewis, who is a SS/CF option.
Austin Martin is hitting .280 at AA, but with no power.

Just your typical W for the Twins, scoring their only 2 runs via an infield single and a pair of throwing errors on the same play. Game ended on a bases loaded full count called strike 3 by an ump who looked like he wanted to call it an evening on a crappy evening in downtown Mpls.

Looks the same in the standings.

I don't know how wide-spread the term is, but I know a HS Coach who always refers to those situations as "a snowball fight." meaning that one of the teams started throwing the ball around the field like kids having a snowball fight.

BTW, saw a tweet that this is the first time in over 30 years that the Twins won back-to-back games while scoring a total of 3 runs in the two games.

1st pitch, Buxton form looked good on the foul ball. AAAAAnd a single.

Polanco got lucky. Got only one out and scored one.

Bases loaded, nobody out. Typical Twins fashion, score 1 run.

Never seen Dylan Bundy before. Fernando!!!!!!

Edit: 11 years? I thought he was a 1-3 year player. I'm out of touch.

Never seen Dylan Bundy before. Fernando!!!!!!

Edit: 11 years? I thought he was a 1-3 year player. I'm out of touch.

He throws strikes 70% of the time - he just doesn’t hurt himself. Will be interesting to see where we end up with walks allowed this year

He throws strikes 70% of the time - he just doesn’t hurt himself. Will be interesting to see where we end up with walks allowed this year
Admittedly, I haven't followed the Twinks very closely for many years. Know the big names, and the basics, but that's about it. I hope "Al" Bundy can be a folk hero.

That said, c'mon Sano make it 2-0.

Admittedly, I haven't followed the Twinks very closely for many years. Know the big names, and the basics, but that's about it. I hope "Al" Bundy can be a folk hero.

That said, c'mon Sano make it 2-0.
Thanks Sano.

Sano and Kepler continue to struggle and should see some of their playing time taken away IMO. Miranda has played a few games at 1B at ST Paul but not a lot. Would like to see him get more time over there as he could easily play there for the Twins a little bit. I don’t get why Lewis and Martin both continue to play SS. Both could get an opportunity to play OF if Kepler continues to struggle and Kirilloff plays a lot of 1B because Sano stinks.

Without a primary DH like Cruz you can work in a lot of guys.

OK, for the people in the know. Yes, I know it is still not warm weather, but was the batting coach 3 years ago that important? They were the 1st team ever to 300 HRs in a season had very good avg, checked all the boxes, and it seems the last couple years are not near that form. A few bright spots, but that's it.

Last edited:

Holy buckets! I go out to buy more liquor it was 3-0. I come back 7-0, just in time for a Sano K.

Damn it I want him to succeed. Not as a selfish fan, just would like him to do well.

Holy buckets! I go out to buy more liquor it was 3-0. I come back 7-0, just in time for a Sano K.

Damn it I want him to succeed. Not as a selfish fan, just would like him to do well.

Now you know what you must do to support the club this year - buy lots of booze!

C'mon Twinks. Don't Wolves yourselves and give this game away and end up on THE list.

I know Griffey had the best swing ever, Bonds was pretty close. Both lefties. Has there been a right handed batter with a swing close to them? Buxton is poetry in motion. Beautiful swing.

Half game out of first place. I doubt the pitching stays this good, but if the bats can continue to produce like today, they're back in business.

Time for a extended winning streak. Let’s take out the broom complete the sweep tomorrow and leave it out for the Tiggers as well!

Any chance the White Sox are going to struggle some this year, or is it way too early?

They are supposed to cakewalk this division.

Don't they have some injuries? I'd love to see them struggle

Any chance the White Sox are going to struggle some this year, or is it way too early?

They are supposed to cakewalk this division.

Don't they have some injuries? I'd love to see them struggle

Yes.

They are having the type of injury streak we had last year.

Additionally, their infield defensive is horrendous and will haunt them as it did in last night’s loss.

The Twins will make the playoffs this year by either winning the division or nabbing a wildcard.

Top Bottom