All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Miranda is the exception to the preceding post. He is something. Don't understand why he isn't getting serious roy consideration

Man, teams are hitting rockets off Lopez.

Luckily, for us, they are being hit at people lately.

We have to be one of the worst teams hitting with runners in scoring position.
Number 10 in mlb with a .251 average. To me it’s the number of unproductive outs when guys are on base and less than two outs…too many times it’s a lead off double followed by a strike out, ground out , and another strike out. The twins inability to “manufacture” runs is not great. It would also help if Correa got a hit once and a while.

Number 10 in mlb with a .251 average. To me it’s the number of unproductive outs when guys are on base and less than two outs…too many times it’s a lead off double followed by a strike out, ground out , and another strike out. The twins inability to “manufacture” runs is not great. It would also help if Correa got a hit once and a while.
Huh. Would've guessed we were much worse than 10th. Thanks for the info.

Correa has at least 1 hit in 13 of 17 games in August and has drawn 13 BB's. He has a slash line of .276/.411/.345 after hitting .175/.264/.350 in July. The biggest issue is his lack of production as he has driven in just 3 runs this month and 12 of his 14 hits have been singles.

To highlight how much Miranda has carried the offense lately, here is how he compares to the collection of Buxton/Correa/Polance/Kepler since 7/1/22.

Buxton/Correa/Polance/Kepler:
.207/.312/.307/.619
492 ABs
102 hits
15 doubles
1 triple
21 HRs
51 RBIs
71 BBs
4 HBP
122 Ks

These 4 players have hit .215/.317/.306/.623 with 4 HRs and 16 RBIs in 209 August at-bats.

Miranda:
.333/.392/.548/.940
135 ABs
45 hits
4 doubles
8 HRs
33 RBIs
20 runs
8 BBs
5 HBP
27 Ks

Miranda has hit .313/.378/.478/.856 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs in 67 August at-bats.

The Twins obviously need more from their vets if they want to win the division and be competitive in the postseason. Considering Correa is paid nearly 2x more than the total pay of Buxton/Polanco/Kepler, it's time he produces like it.

Miranda is the exception to the preceding post. He is something. Don't understand why he isn't getting serious roy consideration
He'll get votes, but barring some crazy turn of events, Julio Rodriguez from the Mariners pretty much has it wrapped up. He's going to finish with 20+ HRs and steals while batting around .275. Baseball writers love it when a highly-touted prospect lives up to the hype.

He'll get votes, but barring some crazy turn of events, Julio Rodriguez from the Mariners pretty much has it wrapped up. He's going to finish with 20+ HRs and steals while batting around .275. Baseball writers love it when a highly-touted prospect lives up to the hype.
That's why Witt Jr will finish higher in the voting too even though Miranda is much better in almost every statistic except SB.

our long national nightmare is over. Dan Gladden finally finished his induction speech for the Twins' Hall of Fame. It's 1:54 and the game has not started yet - with a scheduled start time of 1:10pm.

Jeezo Beezo, Twins - if you know or suspect the program is going to run long, start the program earlier so the game starts on time.

Avg. Miranda .285 Rodriguez .270
OPS Miranda .809 Rodriguez .802

Rodriguez has 125 more at bats than Miranda so maybe that counts for something.

Miranda's stats look even more impressive when compared to those of Pena or Witt. Yet I will wager Miranda will finish behind Rodriguez, Pena, and Witt in roy voting.

our long national nightmare is over. Dan Gladden finally finished his induction speech for the Twins' Hall of Fame. It's 1:54 and the game has not started yet - with a scheduled start time of 1:10pm.

Jeezo Beezo, Twins - if you know or suspect the program is going to run long, start the program earlier so the game starts on time.
Are we done with Hall-of-Fame speeches for a while?

Congrats to the players, but it seems never ending.

Avg. Miranda .285 Rodriguez .270
OPS Miranda .809 Rodriguez .802

Rodriguez has 125 more at bats than Miranda so maybe that counts for something.

Miranda's stats look even more impressive when compared to those of Pena or Witt. Yet I will wager Miranda will finish behind Rodriguez, Pena, and Witt in roy voting.
He’ll finish behind Rutschman too for sure.

Twins offense today was the perfect prescription for an afternoon nap.

They picked a bad time struggle to score runs.

Correa has at least 1 hit in 13 of 17 games in August and has drawn 13 BB's. He has a slash line of .276/.411/.345 after hitting .175/.264/.350 in July. The biggest issue is his lack of production as he has driven in just 3 runs this month and 12 of his 14 hits have been singles.

To highlight how much Miranda has carried the offense lately, here is how he compares to the collection of Buxton/Correa/Polance/Kepler since 7/1/22.

Buxton/Correa/Polance/Kepler:
.207/.312/.307/.619
492 ABs
102 hits
15 doubles
1 triple
21 HRs
51 RBIs
71 BBs
4 HBP
122 Ks

These 4 players have hit .215/.317/.306/.623 with 4 HRs and 16 RBIs in 209 August at-bats.

Miranda:
.333/.392/.548/.940
135 ABs
45 hits
4 doubles
8 HRs
33 RBIs
20 runs
8 BBs
5 HBP
27 Ks

Miranda has hit .313/.378/.478/.856 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs in 67 August at-bats.

The Twins obviously need more from their vets if they want to win the division and be competitive in the postseason. Considering Correa is paid nearly 2x more than the total pay of Buxton/Polanco/Kepler, it's time he produces like it.
Correa is 8th on the twins in RBI. 39 RBI in 91 games started ain’t enough for 30 million. The guy routinely gets 80 a year and this year he will get 55 or so.

And Pagan is still no good. When Maeda is ready to come back he needs to be the one to go. He can’t be trusted to pitch in tight games and he’s not gonna be on the team next year. Just cut the bleeping cord and let him go.

Correa is 8th on the twins in RBI. 39 RBI in 91 games started ain’t enough for 30 million. The guy routinely gets 80 a year and this year he will get 55 or so.
I’m at the point I’m fine if he opts out. And I’m guessing he will now with how bad they’ve been.

I’m at the point I’m fine if he opts out. And I’m guessing he will now with how bad they’ve been.

The best was not hitting the starter hard until the 7th. That allowed Texas to go instantly to the bullpen and essentially end the game. I have no data and only my option, but believe the twins are dazzled more by slop throwing soft tossers than they are the 100mph starter

They've been doing that for years. It was the same deal with Gardy last night, Kaat and Tony O earlier in the year. The scheduled first pitch time is usually when the ceremony starts.

They've been doing that for years. It was the same deal with Gardy last night, Kaat and Tony O earlier in the year. The scheduled first pitch time is usually when the ceremony starts.
This year there was a lot with Kaat and Oliva going into the hall. And then they had to quickly retire Kaat’s number before he went into the hall. I’m assuming they’ll retire Mauer’s number soon even if he doesn’t get into the Hall right away.

If Pagan is still on the roster tomorrow, Falvey should resign in shame.

Not Twins related (although they are a sponsor), but I highly encourage anyone interested in Town Ball to check out the Minnesota State Amateur Baseball Tournaments (Class B & C) over the next 2 weekends.

I saw games at both the main hosts this weekend, Faribault and Dundas. Each ballpark has been really spiffed up (more than 7 figures invested I have heard).

4 time Class B Champion Chanhassen has already been eliminated, so there is a sense it is wide open, with Miesville (which is also the 3rd host) as the favorite.

Top Bottom