All Things 2022 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Going to be disappointing if we don't take 3 games from the Rangers. At some point we have to stop treading water.

Had the Twins won that game they would be 1/2 game ahead of the Blue Jays right now for the 3rd and final Wild Card spot.

As it is right now they are 1.5 behind the Jays and Rays. 1 in the L column.

Bookmarked?

So is this more likely than my other prediction of them winning 101 games?

Bookmarked?

So is this more likely than my other prediction of them winning 101 games?
Just mentally, and something I recalled when browsing the standings today.

Not to pile on the potential situation, but it would really irk me if somehow the Twins plight is impacted by MLB abolishing Game 163. However, the Twins other late game meltdowns would be more the source of blame in that situation.

FYI, to get to 101 Ws, they are going to have to go 40-5 the rest of the way.

Going to be disappointing if we don't take 3 games from the Rangers. At some point we have to stop treading water.
That's a tall order in any series we have to start both Bundy and Archer I'm afraid.

Had the Twins won that game they would be 1/2 game ahead of the Blue Jays right now for the 3rd and final Wild Card spot.

As it is right now they are 1.5 behind the Jays and Rays. 1 in the L column.
If they'd just won 2 of the 5 games they blew against Cleveland in the 8th inning or later (thanks Pagan), the game against the White Sox they led 5 different times and the game last week against the Angels they were up 2 with 2 outs in the 9th, they'd be 5 up on Cleveland and 6.5 up on the White Sox. Those all sting more than the Blue Jays game that we had less than a 50/50 shot of winning even without that call.

If they'd just won 2 of the 5 games they blew against Cleveland in the 8th inning or later (thanks Pagan), the game against the White Sox they led 5 different times and the game last week against the Angels they were up 2 with 2 outs in the 9th, they'd be 5 up on Cleveland and 6.5 up on the White Sox. Those all sting more than the Blue Jays game that we had less than a 50/50 shot of winning even without that call.
Totally agree. Way more the reason if they fall just short (and what I was referring later in post #3214).

If anyone knows-
Friday night's game is on "AppleTV+."

but, on the apple TV website, it says that the Friday night baseball games are free "for a limited time."

has anyone tried to watch one of these - and are they still free?

If anyone knows-
Friday night's game is on "AppleTV+."

but, on the apple TV website, it says that the Friday night baseball games are free "for a limited time."

has anyone tried to watch one of these - and are they still free?
The last one was. But you have to sign up for an account anyway. A PITA.

Middle of pennant race, on a Friday night, and not televised.

Why am I not surprised?

Middle of pennant race, on a Friday night, and not televised.

Why am I not surprised?
Apple TV for free. I'm watching Bundy rack up easy innings.

I have to say, I enjoy their broadcast. There aren't too many graphics on the tv. I love that there isn't a scroll bar for news or scores.

Will admit I had a few negative thoughts toward Rocco when Megill entered the game, but it worked out.

Last night was the tough one. Their starting pitcher had a 2.79 ERA.

Last edited:

We play 8 games against the Indians during the middle of September and 6 games against the White Sox at end of September. A lot of fun, tense head to head matchups.
Hopefully by that time we have some of winder, ober, maeda, garlick, larnach, jeffers back.

Finally. Been asking for this all year. Either with Winder, Smeltzer, or Sands. You can’t just keep lighting the bullpen on fire 2 out of the 5 starters.

Might be good if we score a large amount of runs tonight.

Dick on the play by play. Only 1 strike out for twins batters tonight on a 2-2 count to Sanchez. Who then instantly strikes out before Duck even had all the worlds out of his mouth.

Been switching between the Twins and Vikings........and let me tell you, it's been an offensive embarrassment!

We have to be one of the worst teams hitting with runners in scoring position.

Top Bottom