All Things 2022 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

The Wolves don't have much roster flexibility. From the Strib:

The Wolves head into the start of free agency Thursday night with not a lot of flexibility in terms of their 15-man roster, barring a trade that could create space. Assuming second-round pick Josh Minott signs a two-way deal that'll see him spend significant time in Iowa, the Wolves will have only one roster spot to use for their mid-level exception of just over $10 million, if they choose to use it.

Ok, got it.

Everything you just posted on what they will do with DLO is waiting for the dust to settle. LMAO
Not really. You announced that DLo will be gone and your "dust settling" implies that the wolves have a lot of control over how it plays out. Throwing out cliches means that you don't have to think about the situation. It's lazy.

Not really. You announced that DLo will be gone and your "dust settling" implies that the wolves have a lot of control over how it plays out. Throwing out cliches means that you don't have to think about the situation. It's lazy.
I think DLO will be gone. Post 387

Free agency starts in a few hours. Someone isn't going to get who they want. That's when I think DLO (may be/could be/has the possibility of) being traded. I hope that wasn't too lazy.

I think the Vikings can win the north this year does not mean I said they will win the north. I hope that helps.

Some think DLO will be traded and some think he won't. I think he will. Does that make any sense to you?

Last edited:

NBA "insider" Brian Windhorst is tweeting that the Wolves are potentially among the teams involved in a possible trade for Deandre Ayton of Phoenix.

Connelly is certainly not going to be shy about making moves. (with plenty of support from Lore and A-Rod).

NBA "insider" Brian Windhorst is tweeting that the Wolves are potentially among the teams involved in a possible trade for Deandre Ayton of Phoenix.

Connelly is certainly not going to be shy about making moves. (with plenty of support from Lore and A-Rod).
If you get him and find a good PG, then the Wolves have a top 4 team in the West.

What could we possibly offer them? McDaniels would have to be part of the deal one would think.

6:17 p.m. ET: Free agent center Damian Jones has agreed to a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Jones' agent, Austin Brown of CAA Basketball, tells ESPN the second year is a player option.

6:15 p.m. ET: Amir Coffey has agreed to a three-year, $11 million deal with the LA Clippers, his agents Bill Duffy and Marlon Harrison of BDA Sports and WME Sports tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Coffey spent his first two-plus seasons with the Clippers on a two-way contract before being converted to a full deal in March.

6:13 p.m. ET: Joe Ingles has agreed to a one-year deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, according to a tweet from his wife, Renae. Ingles is recovering from a torn ACL suffered on Jan. 30, his last game with the Utah Jazz.

6:11 p.m. ET: Free agent guard Tyus Jones is returning to the Memphis Grizzlies on a two-year, $30 million deal, his agent Kevin Bradbury of REP1 Basketball tells ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Jones averaged 8.7 points and 4.4 assists for the Grizzlies last season..

He has killed the Wolves for years... makes sense to overpay him now that he is almost washed up. Don't get it.

No idea unless they are focusing more on next Summer than this one.

That said it's a NBA rumor and as we both know, the % of NBA rumors that become truths is very low indeed.

^^^^^^The 2014 first-round pick has remained an effective defender. He held opponents to 58.6 percent shooting inside six feet, 5.1 percent worse than their usual percentage, per NBA.com. Opposing players also hit just 33.5 percent of their threes when matched up against him.

No idea unless they are focusing more on next Summer than this one.

That said it's a NBA rumor and as we both know, the % of NBA rumors that become truths is very low indeed.
I think generally that's the plan. Run it back and have a lot of cap space for next season.

Because of that, I think getting a guy like Danillo on a 1 year (even overpay) is totally worth it. I'm guessing that deal is off the table now, and I'm cool with that too.

If he is cooked, our best chance of landing a really good player on a maxish contract, might be dealing at the deadline and large expirings are helpful to make those deals work.

If he isn't, he is a good player. He's 6'10", decent rebounder, shoots 3's at 38-40%.

I don't think he's coming here but there is a huge value in decent players on the last year of their contract.

I just have this gut feeling we are going to be in on something fairly big. Ayton, Goebert, Simmons, or something like that.

What could we possibly offer them? McDaniels would have to be part of the deal one would think.
It really depends upon what the market is for Ayton. I don't think they'll get a ton in a sign and trade. Maybe a three team? But I think to make it work, you'd need to find a place for Russell to go in a three team.

Dallas: D. Russell (replace Brunson)
Phx: Norman Powell; Vanderbilt, Beasley, Dallas 1st, 2 MN 2nds
Wolves: Ayton

I just have this gut feeling we are going to be in on something fairly big. Ayton, Goebert, Simmons, or something like that.
Simmons might be bargain basement right now.

Ayton could make a lot of sense. We're MN. We kind of need the stars to align to pick up a FA in his prime. I'm not 100% sold on fit, but it's intriguing.

Any chance some of the names being moved around might involve moving KAT?

The Anderson signing is soooo much better than getting Gallinari. Good move.

I'm not that interested in Ayton and I hate to let go of McDaniels. I'd much rather go after Simmons as a part of a Russell deal. It would have to be a three or four team swap because the Nets aren't going to do Russell/Simmons straight up, even with a first.

I don't think Ayton is a good fit here. Paying 2 centers max deals is a poor usage of resources.

Rumors have been about Durant, Gallinari and Ayton. They signed Anderson and there were no rumors about him. Which is usually how it works.

Which means nobody has to worry about them getting Ayton.

also hearing rumors about Durant wanting to go to Phoenix.

it's looney tunes time right now in the NBA.

I saw that Ricky Rubio re-signed with Cleveland. and Zach LaVine got a max extension.

Top Bottom