All Things 2021 NCAA College Basketball March Madness Tournament Thread

The announcers in the Winthrop-Villanova game are surprised at a Winthrop player making a 3, saying that he is “only a 35% three point shooter” and legitimately acting like that’s not good. Pitino would have killed for a 35% shooter.

Side note: It’s crazy to me that Tre Williams finished the season with the highest three point percentage on the team.

Little off track, but was Boeheim like 55 or so when his kid was born? He doesn't have any more that are younger, does he?

The announcers in the Winthrop-Villanova game are surprised at a Winthrop player making a 3, saying that he is “only a 35% three point shooter” and legitimately acting like that’s not good. Pitino would have killed for a 35% shooter.

Side note: It’s crazy to me that Tre Williams finished the season with the highest three point percentage on the team.
Huh. I didn’t realize he passed Liam. Tre is a good player. I like him.

Huh. I didn’t realize he passed Liam. Tre is a good player. I like him.
I like him too, he has a great attitude and swagger. But there was a long stretch of the season where it felt like he was more likely to air ball a 3 than make it.

This performance by San Diego State is worse than anything I saw from the Gophers all year long. I don’t think they’ve even tried to throw the ball inside the three-point line for the last five minutes. They just stand around and do nothing and then somebody throws up a ridiculous three pointer. It’s utterly infuriating to watch

Yes, they did play well. North Texas was very impressive. Every time the heavily favored team got into a run and threatened to go ahead, they kept their composure and stayed the course.

This is their 44 year old coach's head coaching record:

2009–10 Midwestern State 30–3 10–2 1st NCAA Division II Elite Eight
2010–11 Midwestern State 25–9 9–5 2nd NCAA Division II Elite Eight
Midwestern State: 55–12 (.821) 19–7 (.735)

Arkansas State Red Wolves (Sun Belt Conference) (2016–2017)
2016–17 Arkansas State 20–12 11–7 T–3rd
Arkansas State: 20–12 (.625) 11–7 (.611)

North Texas Mean Green (Conference USA) (2017–present)
2017–18 North Texas 20–18 8–10 T–7th CBI Champions
2018–19 North Texas 21–12 8–10 T–9th
2019–20 North Texas 20–11 14–4 1st Postseason Cancelled
2020–21 North Texas 17–9 9–5 3rd (West) NCAA Division I

In his 7 years of head coaching, this guy has failed to win 20+ games once (in this COVID year) and now he's just won his school's first NCAA tournament game ever.

Maybe we should consider a guy who puts a great product on the floor (regardless of the level) instead of a local boy/legacy (Smith, Dutcher) or an inspirational feel good story (Gates).
Great post! I could not agree more with your last statement.

I like him too, he has a great attitude and swagger. But there was a long stretch of the season where it felt like he was more likely to air ball a 3 than make it.
I think he calls them alley oops but once Jarvis opted out there was no one to catch them.

Thanks! Like most other die hard fans, I'm desperate for a good product and to hell with the rest of the stuff!
I’ve been complaining about the local angles for weeks and getting shredded for it. Good luck.

This might disabuse Dutcher of the MWC. The more SU wins by the better, imo. Time to move to a real conference, Dutch.

Gaard on KFAN said today that there is a dark horse name that hasn’t been mentioned publicly that he was told is in serious consideration for the job. Wouldn’t say who it was.

Gaard on KFAN said today that there is a dark horse name that hasn’t been mentioned publicly that he was told is in serious consideration for the job. Wouldn’t say who it was.
I know something you don’t know...

Top Bottom