All things 2021 MN state high school tournament

Get this guy! Entertaining at the least
Dude hyped up other teams too. Purely positive. Best kind of fan.

If anyone here remembers the St Cloud Tech Superfan...well...let’s just say no one is quite like Mike. The loudest and most passionate fan I’ve ever seen. He had hand kept records for every football and boys basketball game for 50+ years. Dude rocks. Need more fans like him

For the Boys games on Saturday-

A: Hayfield and Hancock. Hayfield has Slaathaug who is clearly their best player. Hancock has more size. If they can keep Slaathaug from driving to the basket, that can be a close game.

AA: Caledonia and Waseca. if Caledonia had Eli King, I would make them the favorites. Waseca has three really outstanding individuals in Dufault, Morgan and Willingham. Waseca plays in a conference where they won most of their games by 30 or 40 points, so they have not been challenged much this year. If Caledonia keeps it close, could be interesting in the 4th qtr.

AAA: Minnehaha Academy runs away with it unless Holmgren gets lost on his way to the arena. Aligbe missed the last game with a sprained ankle. If he can't play, maybe it's a little closer.

AAAA: Cretin-Derham Hall and Wayzata. This could be a really fun game. Cretin is quick and a very good defensive team. Wayzata has a lot more size. This will be all about who sets the tempo. CDH wants an open-court game. Wayzata (I think) will want to slow it down and pound the ball inside.

My advice is watch the games with the sound turned down. Listening to Dave Lee can damage your brain. In the Girls AAA title game Friday, he pronounced the name of Marshall's best player at least three different ways during the game. If you're too freakin' lazy to find out how to pronounce the names when you're calling a State Final, well, that says it all.

A: Hayfield and Hancock. Hayfield has Slaathaug who is clearly their best player. Hancock has more size. If they can keep Slaathaug from driving to the basket, that can be a close game.

AA: Caledonia and Waseca. if Caledonia had Eli King, I would make them the favorites. Waseca has three really outstanding individuals in Dufault, Morgan and Willingham. Waseca plays in a conference where they won most of their games by 30 or 40 points, so they have not been challenged much this year. If Caledonia keeps it close, could be interesting in the 4th qtr.

AAA: Minnehaha Academy runs away with it unless Holmgren gets lost on his way to the arena. Aligbe missed the last game with a sprained ankle. If he can't play, maybe it's a little closer.

AAAA: Cretin-Derham Hall and Wayzata. This could be a really fun game. Cretin is quick and a very good defensive team. Wayzata has a lot more size. This will be all about who sets the tempo. CDH wants an open-court game. Wayzata (I think) will want to slow it down and pound the ball inside.

My advice is watch the games with the sound turned down. Listening to Dave Lee can damage your brain. In the Girls AAA title game Friday, he pronounced the name of Marshall's best player at least three different ways during the game. If you're too freakin' lazy to find out how to pronounce the names when you're calling a State Final, well, that says it all.
Solid breakdown. I think Minnehaha wins by 30. The other games all seem good. Caledonia will win—Thats my prediction.my favorite 2022 is Eli King so disappointed he isn’t playing. Really a joy to watch.

Holloman is awesome. Gonna need a big night from him to win.

If I had any ambition, I'd record and write a transcript of one of the games he calls. Most of it is gibberish, and half of what is actually coherent makes little sense or is outright incorrect or uses words inappropriately in the context he's trying to use them. My active listening to him HAS damaged my brain irreparably.

CDH wants to slow it down they have problems scoring. Wayzata wants to push and make it high scoring. CDH only had a couple losses last year. Wayzata beat them pushing pace.

These Single A kids can play! I'm impressed

How'd the game end? I was helping one of my kids when it was 60-57 Hayfield at around 30 seconds left and I came back to see they'd won the game 61-60.

Hancock missed at least three 3pointers to tie it up at 60. Last play Hayfield had their players stand by bench so they wouldn't foul on a buzzer beater 3. Hancock made it but time expired so they lost 60-61.

What an ending to the Waseca-Caledonia game--ONIONS! from Dufalt on his shot and a buzzer beater off the back iron is quite an ending-Klug from Caledonia had a heck of a game.

Two really good state championship games so far. Dufalt with a great shot to win it for Waseca. Cal shouldn’t have let him go left

Fun AA game...

I disagree with the post above. CDH does not want an “open court game”. CDH wants to keep the score in the 40’s. If its an open court game, wayzata will win by 20

Caledonia just won’t quit. Amazing job neutralizing Morgan and Willingham. So well coached. Enjoyable game overall.
Close back & forth game. Willingham was average today, how many points did he end up with?

What an ending to the Waseca-Caledonia game--ONIONS! from Dufalt on his shot and a buzzer beater off the back iron is quite an ending-Klug from Caledonia had a heck of a game.
I was surprised to see Klug passing the ball in on the final play. Would have liked to see him hoist that final shot.

Ben needs to offer Mercy Miller. Be the first, leave a good impression. He's most likely going to be a top 100 recruit in the nation when the rankings come out.

Very impressed by Mercy Miller, he’s going to have everyone after him. Holmgren is just on a different level then everyone else.

Top Bottom