All things 2021 MN state high school tournament

Penn State football commit Davon Townley is #35 for Mpls North

Wish Eli was playing right now. I'll be paying attention to 2022 Willie Wilson who has an offer from Florida.

What happened to Andre Gray? Thought he transferred from Hopkins to North?

Caledonia is a football and basketball power house. Surprised they only have one loss without Eli

Wish Eli was playing right now. I'll be paying attention to 2022 Willie Wilson who has an offer from Florida.
That reminds me of the great Willie Wilson from the Royals. Wilson, Rickey Henderson, and Tim Raines were the three dynamic outfielders and leadoff hitters who made 1980s baseball what it was - speed and movement on the base paths. I miss those days.

That reminds me of the great Willie Wilson from the Royals. Wilson, Rickey Henderson, and Tim Raines were the three dynamic outfielders and leadoff hitters who made 1980s baseball what it was - speed and movement on the base paths. I miss those days.
No love for Vince Coleman? Gary Pettis? Devon White? Omar Moreno?

Same as you, I loved baseball from the '70s & '80s and a huge part of that was the stolen bases, hit and run, going for the extra base. . .might be inefficient, but a hell of a lot more exciting than the current iteration of the sport.

No love for Vince Coleman? Gary Pettis? Devon White? Omar Moreno?

Same as you, I loved baseball from the '70s & '80s and a huge part of that was the stolen bases, hit and run, going for the extra base. . .might be inefficient, but a hell of a lot more exciting than the current iteration of the sport.
You don't like it when they pull a pitcher with a no hitter and 85 pitches thrown?

Heard Kevin Lynch say something to the effect Eli King had a basketball offer or two but didn’t know if it was true Minnesota offered. You would think he would do a little homework before a game. He and Dave Lee are just awful doing the broadcast.

It's not pitch counts (although Tampa Bay's handling of pitchers is super annoying), but the boom or bust approach-home run or strikeout. I hate seeing the incessant strikeouts (unless of course, it's the Twins pitchers dealing), it's just so boring--and as Crash Davis would say, fascist. Walks aren't exactly stimulating viewing either.

Heard Kevin Lynch say something to the effect Eli King had a basketball offer or two but didn’t know if it was true Minnesota offered. You would think he would do a little homework before a game. He and Dave Lee are just awful doing the broadcast.
The only offer they talked about was Downley Jr for football. He and two of his teammates also have D1 basketball offers. I was disappointed in the broadcast. We'll see if they know much about the Waseca boys

Makes it more enjoyable if the announcers are at least a little more versed on the teams than the average fan .

Makes it more enjoyable if the announcers are at least a little more versed on the teams than the average fan .
They usually are, but not so much that game.. I like knowing who is a multi sport athlete, valedictorian, continuing their atheltic career at the next level whether it be Minnesota Morris or duke, etc

“I don’t think there is a team in the state tournament regardless of class with a three headed monster as talented as Waseca”

umm...Minnehaha???

“I don’t think there is a team in the state tournament regardless of class with a three headed monster as talented as Waseca”

umm...Minnehaha???
My thoughts exactly. At least they mentioned a few colleges for these guys. Still would be interesting to hear about offers..

Are there games on CH 45 tonight?

I love the rankings in class A. All of the top seeds are gone.
Finals are north #4 Hancock vs south #3 Hayfield. still should be a good game.
For some reason they have been horrible at ranking the small school class as of late.

I love the rankings in class A. All of the top seeds are gone.
Finals are north #4 Hancock vs south #3 Hayfield. still should be a good game.
For some reason they have been horrible at ranking the small school class as of late.
A is so tough because they don’t play each other and are so far spread out. Coaches just don’t know how to truly what they are seeding anyways.

Bring back Frank Beutel and WTCN-11.

Really a bummer Eli can't play. Good news though he didn't have any braces or sleeves over his knee.
Eli King is so fun to watch. Amazing what they have done without him.
I think they can beat Waseca

Top Bottom