All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

So we beat the Lions in Detroit, right?

I don't care how decimated your roster is. If you lose that game, shut it down and fire everyone.
I want Zimmer gone, so it would be for the best.

Making the playoffs with this defense is a waste of time and would tell you of the absolute mediocrity in the NFL.

I'm in draft mode, new coach mode, and all that fun stuff. I still enjoy the games and will cheer for them to win.

I want Zimmer gone, so it would be for the best.

Making the playoffs with this defense is a waste of time and would tell you of the absolute mediocrity in the NFL.

I'm in draft mode, new coach mode, and all that fun stuff. I still enjoy the games and will cheer for them to win.
The NFL adding the extra team really makes a big difference in playoff crappiness. Often, even the 6th seed is iffy. But look at the standings, especially in the NFC. The watering down of the NFL and MLB playoffs is disappointing, and quickly turning them into another NBA.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/playoff-picture

Washington and Heinike are sitting in the 7th spot, with a record tied with MN and Atl. Having watched multiple games from the two other teams, good grief they are generally terrible. Without Hunter, the Vike's D just isn't very good. Add in Zim's obsession with over-the-hill "savvy veteran" DB's, and yeesh. The AFC is better, but man, a lot of very average teams are vying for that last playoff spot.

What is the minimum to save Zim and Spiel? I assume they're a package deal.

Beat the Lions and Bears twice, find a way to beat the Steelers and/or the Rams. Get a Wild Card spot. Win the WC game. Win the Divisional game?
Win at least one playoff game IMO. Otherwise he should be gone.

If you believe Judd Zulgad and Doogie, they each are saying that the Wilfs have begun to discuss options for potentially replacing the Coach and GM if the Vikes crap out and miss the playoffs.

Doogie has been making the point that the Wilfs had expectations for the season that went beyond sneaking into the playoffs.

the real question is this: do the Wilfs look at Zim and Spielman as a package deal, or would they consider replacing one and keeping the other?

Everson was playing great.

Sorry to say this -- but it's the highest level of professional human performance -- ...... guys are "taking" things. They just are. You're crazy if you think everyone is 100% clean or that the drug program comes even close to catching everyone.

You wonder how some of those things might affect mental health, perhaps guys stop taking prescribed things they should be, due to complications and/or bad combinations with other "things"?

What's wrong with Kendricks as we turn right and play Thursday night?

Kendricks and Barr out, but get Peirce and Tomlinson back on the line. No Bynum again, but obviously have Harrison starting. I like Vigil and Lynch, should be able to beat the Lions with them.

They're putting Udoh at LT for the first time, and putting Cole at RG with Bradbury back at C. Not sure on that, is what it is I guess.

Theilen just went down and in pain. Leg got rolled up on.

F'ing figures.

Football gods clearly want Zimmer out.

Udoh just got beat and the guy made Cousins fumble it, on our half of the field.

O'Neill really smartly realized he wasn't going to get there in time, so instead took an angle to intercept the defender after he scooped it, probably saved a touchdown.

Not looking great.

Theilen is questionable but I doubt he comes back, why risk it?

If they lose this game ... yeah I know injuries suck and are unfair, but F this year's team. Shut it down

Udoh just got beat and the guy made Cousins fumble it, on our half of the field.

O'Neill really smartly realized he wasn't going to get there in time, so instead took an angle to intercept the defender after he scooped it, probably saved a touchdown.

Not looking great.

Theilen is questionable but I doubt he comes back, why risk it?

If they lose this game ... yeah I know injuries suck and are unfair, but F this year's team. Shut it down
Zimmer will get fired the day after the season ends.

Well they got a TD off that fumble and then another FG to boot.

Driving now at the end of the first half. Close to FG range. TD would be much better.

Losing 6 - 17 right now

EDIT: didn't even get in FG range, turned it over on downs, now Lions get into FG range before the half is over

He may not make it that long.
Wait until the end of the season. This stupid franchise would hire from within, win a few games and then hire that person full time. Let this thing burn and clean house at the end of the year.

I'm perfectly ok with this today. It feels like a preseason game.

Dantzler pick.......the door is open.

Total laughing stock. Quick check......yup.......three extra points passed up for failed two-point conversions. lol.

On their last drive, some guy caught a ball in the middle of the field, all four of our defenders came up to where he caught it, allowing him to run out of bounds. PATHETIC

I swear Breeland tried to knock the ball away rather than pick it in the end zone. PATHETIC

We rushed 3 most of the drive. PATHETIC

Dantzler, you idiot, what did you see. Seriously, what did you see? PATHETIC

Good for Detroit and good for the Vikings organization in the long haul.

A great day for Minnesota football though. First win for Detroit and the Gophers took it up the ass. Oh, well.

Zimmer should be fired today.
1) You cannot be a defensive minded coach, and allow that much "cushion" on the last play of the game.
2) You should not be going for a 2 point conversion, in the middle of the 3rd quarter. You just keep chasing points, and that cost us the game.
3) You should not run up the middle on the first two 2 point conversions, after getting stuffed on the first one.
4) I know we had injuries today, but we are now 5-7 with a lot of talent on this team.
5) Maybe Stefon Diggs was right, about this team.
I had to vent again, thanks.

Zimmer should be fired today.
1) You cannot be a defensive minded coach, and allow that much "cushion" on the last play of the game.
2) You should not be going for a 2 point conversion, in the middle of the 3rd quarter. You just keep chasing points, and that cost us the game.
3) You should not run up the middle on the first two 2 point conversions, after getting stuffed on the first one.
4) I know we had injuries today, but we are now 5-7 with a lot of talent on this team.
5) Maybe Stefon Diggs was right, about this team.
I had to vent again, thanks.
Are you summarizing Vikings fanline?

Won't be mad if they fire Zim immediately, but I doubt they will do it before the season is over.

Will have to win, what minimum three games, of: @Packers, @Chicago, Steelers, Rams. And that assumes the home game vs Chicago is a win. Who knows at this point.

Really nice offensive stats. Figures that Zim going down is because of his defense.

Top Bottom