All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

ZImmer looks like he has had some plastic surgery in the face. Bit of tuck and got rid of the gin blossoms.

At the state fair, Lambert was unhappy with a question regarding his skull size.

Tough loss. But they win if they don't turn it over or if the entire D line isn't out. The Cook injury looks ugly though. I doubt he misses less than 3-4 weeks.
Special teams also a let down with the missed PAT, then failing on the 2 pt after the TD return. Make those it totally changes the outlook if the rest stayed the same. Could have kicked FGs instead of going for it on 4th and goal and just needed a FG to tie at the end.

Still making the playoffs is not out of the question with an easy schedule, though they could lose to the Lions with how banged up they are and now Griffen's status.

Doing anything in the playoffs is another matter entirely.

Also, Udoh has to go. That guy is horrible.
Is Davis even active yet? He wasn't, for a while.

Don't think we're seeing anything different for this year, barring injury.

Speaking of which, hope Darrisaw is OK!

We should expect to beat the Lions and Bears twice, right? That's 8 wins.

One more might get you in the playoff, then who knows. Get some guys healthy and back. Maybe even Irv Smith?

I guess that win has to be the Steelers at home on Thurs night? Maybe the Rams.

Special teams also a let down with the missed PAT, then failing on the 2 pt after the TD return. Make those it totally changes the outlook if the rest stayed the same. Could have kicked FGs instead of going for it on 4th and goal and just needed a FG to tie at the end.

Still making the playoffs is not out of the question with an easy schedule, though they could lose to the Lions with how banged up they are and now Griffen's status.

Doing anything in the playoffs is another matter entirely.
No one in the NFC feels unbeatable though. GB beat the Rams rather easily. Tampa needed a furious come back to beat the Colts. Dallas can't stop anyone.

We should expect to beat the Lions and Bears twice, right? That's 8 wins.

One more might get you in the playoff, then who knows. Get some guys healthy and back. Maybe even Irv Smith?

I guess that win has to be the Steelers at home on Thurs night? Maybe the Rams.
They'll lose to the Bears in Chicago. They always lose in Chicago.

No one in the NFC feels unbeatable though. GB beat the Rams rather easily. Tampa needed a furious come back to beat the Colts. Dallas can't stop anyone.
Minnesota can't stop anyone either without Hunter and now Griffen.

Could they win a single playoff game? Sure. Multiples on the road in front of full crowds? Highly doubtful, if they even make it there.

Minnesota can't stop anyone either without Hunter and now Griffen.

Could they win a single playoff game? Sure. Multiples on the road in front of full crowds? Highly doubtful, if they even make it there.
It's not likely. They would need to get some pieces back (Cook, Barr etc.)

Ugh. Mattison/Wangwu time
Cook is special, no one doubts it.

How many games has he singlehandedly won for us, this year? I don't know the answer, wouldn't be surprised if people argue more than zero.

Just feels like he gets hurt too much to be paid what we pay him. Could use that money elsewhere.

Cook is special, no one doubts it.

How many games has he singlehandedly won for us, this year? I don't know the answer, wouldn't be surprised if people argue more than zero.

Just feels like he gets hurt too much to be paid what we pay him. Could use that money elsewhere.
Agreed.

Regardless of who the coach/GM are in 2022: Trade Cousins to the Broncos for a 1st round pick. Trade 2-3 1st rounders to Seattle for Russel Wilson.

Regardless of who the coach/GM are in 2022: Trade Cousins to the Broncos for a 1st round pick. Trade 2-3 1st rounders to Seattle for Russel Wilson.
If we're gonna blow it up like that, meaning this season didn't pan out much better than the trend is currently pointing .... I'd rather just use the first rounder on a QB and start the rebuild. Know that 2022 is going to be (another) meh year.

If we're gonna blow it up like that, meaning this season didn't pan out much better than the trend is currently pointing .... I'd rather just use the first rounder on a QB and start the rebuild. Know that 2022 is going to be (another) meh year.
Wilson isn't worth that much either. He no longer runs. Clearly, he's in decline. It'd be a disaster to trade that much for him.

It probably won't take multiple 1st rounders for Wilson now, but that was the asking price last offseason. He is struggling but I don't think he's in permanent decline. He's only 33. Perhaps he rushed back from the finger injury too soon.

What is the minimum to save Zim and Spiel? I assume they're a package deal.

Beat the Lions and Bears twice, find a way to beat the Steelers and/or the Rams. Get a Wild Card spot. Win the WC game. Win the Divisional game?

What is the minimum to save Zim and Spiel? I assume they're a package deal.

Beat the Lions and Bears twice, find a way to beat the Steelers and/or the Rams. Get a Wild Card spot. Win the WC game. Win the Divisional game?
I'd say if they make the Divisional round, they stay. Not many coaches get fired making it that far.

It probably won't take multiple 1st rounders for Wilson now, but that was the asking price last offseason. He is struggling but I don't think he's in permanent decline. He's only 33. Perhaps he rushed back from the finger injury too soon.
He can't run anymore, and they almost never run RPO anymore. That part of his game is permanently gone.

Also, notice that teams simply play 2 deep safeties against him now. Wilson loves to chuck it deep. They've taken that away, and their running game is so bad that they can't draw the safeties back in. That's a huge problem for Wilson because he's not a great intermediate passer.

He's a one-dimensional QB now, who struggles when the deep ball isn't there.

With 19 hours of rehab per day and all the shadow game simulations he did for TV.
How could he be so terrible now?

Perhaps he isn’t well liked in the locker room.

Wouldn’t want him for picks or players.

So we beat the Lions in Detroit, right?

I don't care how decimated your roster is. If you lose that game, shut it down and fire everyone.

Top Bottom