All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I had been a Zimmer defender because I believe he was burdened with Kirk's huge contract, but I've changed my mind.

He has surrounded himself with people who only have their positions based on friendships and nepotism.

He hired his own son who is now CO-DC with Andre Patterson. It's insulting that Patterson shares that position with Mike Zimmer's kid. He brought on Norv Turner's kid to be the QBs coach.
He brought on Clint Kubiak to take over for Gary Kubiak. He has surrounded himself with buddies and their kids. The fact that our offense sputters while Kirk Cousins is playing well is insane. I wish I could blame the struggles on Kirk, but he's been fine. It's the rest.

Then it comes to his bread and butter - CBs. Since Zimmer has arrived, we have spent 4 1st round, 1 2nd round, and 3 3rd round picks on CBs. That's an insane amount of draft capital considering how few hits we have. I know part of that is on Spielman, but if Zimmer isn't part of the evaluation process of CBs in the draft, something is even more off.

In all, I don't know what he brings to the table. His staffs seem full of nepotism, he isn't a good game day coach, our CBs are horrid.

I'd get rid of Zim.
Stock pile draft capital by trading Thielen, Smith, Cook, Pierce, Kendricks
Let Cousins, Richardson, Woods, Peterson, Alexander walk.
Restructure or cut Anthony Barr
We're now expensive, average, and old. We need to rip off the band aid because this isn't getting any better.

How does every Minnesota pro franchise turn into a country club? It's likely the reason we have the longest championship drought in the country.

What happened today?
Basically wouldn't shut up on Pat McAfee show. He said lots of stupid things. One of them being the whole organization knew he wasn't actually vaccinated.

When he dropped the words "woke" and "cancel culture", he set off a global thermonuclear device. You just can't look at someone who is frothing at the mouth with rage and tell them they are mad.

The reaction of the woke mob is off the charts, which I'm sure is exactly what Rodgers was aiming for. He may be dumb, but he's not stupid. He's just stoking that fire with the RAGE woke crowd, and I'm sure every bit of it was calculated.

When he dropped the words "woke" and "cancel culture", he set off a global thermonuclear device. You just can't look at someone who is frothing at the mouth with rage and tell them they are mad.

The reaction of the woke mob is off the charts, which I'm sure is exactly what Rodgers was aiming for. He may be dumb, but he's not stupid. He's just stoking that fire with the RAGE woke crowd, and I'm sure every bit of it was calculated.
I think you're giving him way too much credit.

These were the ravings of a lunatic who has clearly been harboring feelings for a long while. He just finally snapped.

These were the ravings of a lunatic who has clearly been harboring feelings for a long while. He just finally snapped.
Something in his history has given you the indication that this is likely? He's an incredibly intelligent narcissistic and egotistical individual who has been in the public eye and in front of a microphone for well over a decade. If you think he just "snapped" and spewed out a bunch of incoherent rantings, you haven't been paying attention.

Without question everything he said was planned and thought out carefully. He's poking the bear and I'll cheer him on from a distance, although him lying and conducting himself as vaccinated for the last several months was 100% incorrect and he should be punished.

How in the world does the Wisconsin/Packer media blow something like this? This is the mother of all f'kups for the ball-licking Packers media. How on God's green earth do they not know this by now? About as irresponsible as journalism gets.

There should be repercussions for Rodgers and the Packers. He should probably miss a few more games at least. The protocols were f'ng stupid and pointless, but he broke the rules and he should face the consequences, and the Packers should face consequences for allowing this to happen under their noses.

I feel like most people are just laughing at him as opposed to being mad.

Nobody is in a rage, you weirdo. You just view everything through the lens of the endless culture war and look at where it’s gotten you: You’re a Vikings fan rushing to the defense of a Packers QB.

What an exhausting way to live. Maybe you should go outside or something.

He shoulda just been up front and took the criticism like everyone else. No players have been cancelled for opposing the vaccine. Vikings fans know this well. We make fun of them and then move on. They're all still playing.

Ummm....he's the one frothing at the mouth. And the anti-vaxxers are frothing at the mouth too.

I'm curious to see what the league does with this. Honestly, it will be interesting to see what the Packers do with this. Unless they've commented and I haven't heard it, what will they do? They will either stand by their man (we knew what he did and we supported it), which one would have to think would mean repercussions for the team from the league for the deceit, or they will leave Rodgers hanging in the wind and say they had no idea he wasn't vaccinated, they were just as shocked as everyone else, etc.

Packers won't do anything. They are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. And they already took his shit all through the off-season. They are going to rush to get him back and probably not say a word. Will be interesting to see what the league does.

I'm curious to see what the league does with this. Honestly, it will be interesting to see what the Packers do with this. Unless they've commented and I haven't heard it, what will they do? They will either stand by their man (we knew what he did and we supported it), which one would have to think would mean repercussions for the team from the league for the deceit, or they will leave Rodgers hanging in the wind and say they had no idea he wasn't vaccinated, they were just as shocked as everyone else, etc.
Both are screwed. It's clear that he and the team violated NFL protocol. Fines, suspension, and loss of draft pick(s) are on the table.

There were a couple teams that violated regulations last year so I think that’s the closest comparison to this situation. After appeals I think most were just fined, but the saints lost a 6th round draft pick . It will be interesting to see what happens with the packers.

There were a couple teams that violated regulations last year so I think that’s the closest comparison to this situation. After appeals I think most were just fined, but the saints lost a 6th round draft pick . It will be interesting to see what happens with the packers.
I know the Raiders got hammered last year with a fine and a draft pick but that was for much less than this. This has essentially been a half a season of ignoring the league's protocols, willfully. I forget the details but for the Raiders last year, it was just a short period of time and the league didn't think the Raiders were taking it seriously enough. This seems a lot different.

I know the Raiders got hammered last year with a fine and a draft pick but that was for much less than this. This has essentially been a half a season of ignoring the league's protocols, willfully. I forget the details but for the Raiders last year, it was just a short period of time and the league didn't think the Raiders were taking it seriously enough. This seems a lot different.
I think the raiders and patriots appealed and got their draft picks back, but still had to pay the fines. The saints had multiple violations and I think that’s why they still lost a draft pick after appeal. Who knows the extent of violations with Rodgers and the Packers? It could be a much harsher penalty if it was ongoing.

There you have it. Ripping woke and cancel culture makes him a raving lunatic.

You people are pure entertainment.

Garrett Bradbury.........vaccinated, and out due to covid.

Rodgers, not vaccinated, and out due to covid.

There is a difference in there somewhere. One is horrible, and the other is perfectly fine. This world is so fucked up.

Garrett Bradbury.........vaccinated, and out due to covid.

Rodgers, not vaccinated, and out due to covid.

There is a difference in there somewhere. One is horrible, and the other is perfectly fine. This world is so fucked up.
Lmao c'mon man. One lied and the other didn't.

Top Bottom