All Things 2021-2022 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Minnesota Sports on Radio and/or TV today courtesy of Twincities.com. Why in bold? It printed that way.

Saturday:
  • Twins: noon vs. Boston (spring training); 830 AM
  • Wild: 1 p.m. at home vs. Chicago; BSN or 100.3 FM
  • Timberwolves: 4 p.m. at home vs. Milwaukee; BSN or 830 AM
  • United: 7 p.m. at home vs. San Jose; BSN or 1500 AM
  • Gophers men's hockey: 7 p.m. vs. Michigan (Big Ten final); BTN

Timberwolves just got a huge break for this afternoon game with the Bucks.

Giannis Antetokounmpo is out for the Bucks vs the Wolves.

Wolves are now 42-30. Guaranteeing their 2nd winning season since 2005.

"(Edwards) monster windmill dunk put Minnesota up 22 with nine minutes to play and put Target Center into a state of euphoria amid Minnesota’s 138-119 win over Milwaukee — the team’s 10th win over its last 11 game

The win comes in the first of a difficult seven-game stretch in which Minnesota will face many of the league’s top teams. The Timberwolves received a bit of a reprieve hours ahead of Saturday’s home tip, with news that Giannis Antetokounmpo — perhaps the best player in the world — would miss the game with knee soreness.

Still, Milwaukee is the League’s defending champion, and even without Antetokounmpo, the Bucks (44-26) would likely be an above .500 team, and Minnesota trashed them. Edwards led the way, scoring 12 of the team’s first 18 points while taking on the toughest defensive assignment in Milwaukee wing Khris Middleton..

The win — which secures a winning record this season for the Wolves (42-30) — was the latest in a series of recent impressive offensive performances. The Wolves have had the NBA’s best offense since the calendar flipped to 2022. They’ve scored 124-plus points in eight of their past 11 contests..

I believe if we can beat Dallas on Monday night, we will pass them.

We will beat them at home on Friday, and we would own the tiebreaker.

I believe if we can beat Dallas on Monday night, we will pass them.

We will beat them at home on Friday, and we would own the tiebreaker.
Minnesota is 1 and half games behind Dallas. if we beat them on Monday we be a half game behind.

Minnesota is 1 and half games behind Dallas. if we beat them on Monday we be a half game behind.
I'm saying if we beat them on Monday, I believe we will pass them because we are going to beat them next Friday.

Yes, they would still be a half game behind, but I am prematurely calling Friday a win.......putting us up a 1/2 game with the tiebreaker belonging to us.

Celtics up 25 on them at halftime. Hello sixth place!

As mentioned big games with Dallas tonight and Friday. Big problem for the Wolves? They have the Suns in between. What might be an even BIGGER problem? Karl-Anthony Towns is hurt. We'll see how bad tonight. Below is from this mornings ESPN.

Dallas Mavericks

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
[URL='https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3138154/theo-pinson']Theo Pinson
GMar 20OutPinson (finger) has been ruled out for Monday's matchup against the Timberwolves.
Tim Hardaway Jr.SFFeb 1OutDallas announced Tuesday that Hardaway underwent surgery to address a fracture to the fifth metatarsal in his left foot.
[/URL]​

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/MIN/minnesota-timberwolves/
i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Naz ReidCMar 20Day-To-DayReid (back) is probable for Monday's game against the Mavericks.
Karl-Anthony TownsCMar 20Day-To-DayTowns is questionable for Monday's matchup against Dallas due to a right forearm contusion.
Jaden McDanielsPFMar 16OutCoach Chris Finch said Wednesday that McDaniels is dealing with a high-ankle sprain, Jace Frederick of St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.

Got the feeling that, considering the godawful history of the Wolves, far too many people are hoping they'll start losing so they can say "Told you so! Same old Wolves." Too many people also wrote off the Wolves after their terrible start. They shouldn't have.

Phoenix has a 9 game lead on top seed with 10 games to go. It'd be nice if they'd start resting guys, but I don't think they're there yet.

As mentioned big games with Dallas tonight and Friday. Big problem for the Wolves? They have the Suns in between. What might be an even BIGGER problem? Karl-Anthony Towns is hurt. We'll see how bad tonight. Below is from this mornings ESPN.

Dallas Mavericks

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
[URL='https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3138154/theo-pinson']Theo Pinson

GMar 20OutPinson (finger) has been ruled out for Monday's matchup against the Timberwolves.
Tim Hardaway Jr.SFFeb 1OutDallas announced Tuesday that Hardaway underwent surgery to address a fracture to the fifth metatarsal in his left foot.

[/URL]​

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/MIN/minnesota-timberwolves/

i
Minnesota Timberwolves​

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Naz ReidCMar 20Day-To-DayReid (back) is probable for Monday's game against the Mavericks.
Karl-Anthony TownsCMar 20Day-To-DayTowns is questionable for Monday's matchup against Dallas due to a right forearm contusion.
Jaden McDanielsPFMar 16OutCoach Chris Finch said Wednesday that McDaniels is dealing with a high-ankle sprain, Jace Frederick of St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.

So KAT suffered this injury a week ago and hasn't missed any time yet. It seems surprising that he would miss tonight.

So KAT suffered this injury a week ago and hasn't missed any time yet. It seems surprising that he would miss tonight.

Not really. Much like Edwards, by playing in all those games he probably re-aggravated it. Though yeah, hope he can play.

Wolves down 60-54 at the Half down in Dallas.

If you're looking for a silver lining, they did not play well last night and they were still in a position to win with a couple minutes left on the clock.

It was a fun, playoff type game to watch. Odd ending but Dallas handled that situation really well.

This is a rough 5 game stretch still to come. If they won 5 of their last 9, I would be happy with that heading into the playoffs. Not sure it would be enough to keep them out of 7th though.

It was a hell of a game. A game that fans of both teams online were screaming about how lousy the reffing was. Added to the playoff like experience I guess. ;)

"Patrick Beverley was successful in both of his attempts to miss free-throws in the final 10 seconds Monday in Dallas.

Minnesota just couldn’t convert either ensuing offensive rebound into points. That was the difference in the Timberwolves’ 110-108 loss to the Mavericks, which drops Minnesota back into the No. 7 seed, one loss behind Denver. The Wolves are now two and a half games behind the fifth-place Mavericks, who they’ll see again Friday at Target Center.

Minnesota went toe to toe with Dallas, the first healthy playoff contender it had seen in weeks. Defensively, the Timberwolves showed up, limiting Luka Doncic to just 15 points and holding Dallas to 30 percent shooting from deep.

But Minnesota itself struggled to find much of an offensive rhythm. The Wolves have sported the best offense in basketball since the calendar flipped to 2022, but Mavericks assistant coach and defensive guru Sean Sweeney, a St. Paul product, devised a scheme that put heavy attention on Karl-Anthony Towns and made the rest of Minnesota’s roster beat Dallas.."

Last edited:

Very tough remaining schedule for the Wolves. They have the Suns tonight, then a rematch with Dallas Friday. Followed by Boston, Toronto and Denver.

PHOENIX SUNS AT TIMBERWOLVES

7 p.m. Target Center BSN, 830-AM

Suns update:
Phoenix (58-14) has far-and-away the NBA's best record, has won five in a row and is five victories from setting a franchise record. ... G Devin Booker (25.9) is the team's scoring leader and C Deandre Ayton averages 10 rebounds. ... F Mikal Bridges is leading candidate for NBA defensive player of the year. ... G Chris Paul (fractured thumb), F Jae Crowder (groin, ankle) and sixth man Cam Johnson (quad) are out.

Wolves update: They have clinched at least a play-in spot but are shooting to move into the top six in the West to avoid the play-in. After Denver's 127-115 win over the Clippers Tuesday, the Wolves were one game behind the sixth-place Nuggets. ... They are 24-12 at home. ... C Karl-Anthony Towns (forearm) is questionable and F Jaden McDaniels (ankle) is out. ... The Wolves have lost twice to the Suns this season

Very tough remaining schedule for the Wolves. They have the Suns tonight, then a rematch with Dallas Friday. Followed by Boston, Toronto and Denver.

PHOENIX SUNS AT TIMBERWOLVES

7 p.m. Target Center BSN, 830-AM

Suns update:
Phoenix (58-14) has far-and-away the NBA's best record, has won five in a row and is five victories from setting a franchise record. ... G Devin Booker (25.9) is the team's scoring leader and C Deandre Ayton averages 10 rebounds. ... F Mikal Bridges is leading candidate for NBA defensive player of the year. ... G Chris Paul (fractured thumb), F Jae Crowder (groin, ankle) and sixth man Cam Johnson (quad) are out.

Wolves update: They have clinched at least a play-in spot but are shooting to move into the top six in the West to avoid the play-in. After Denver's 127-115 win over the Clippers Tuesday, the Wolves were one game behind the sixth-place Nuggets. ... They are 24-12 at home. ... C Karl-Anthony Towns (forearm) is questionable and F Jaden McDaniels (ankle) is out. ... The Wolves have lost twice to the Suns this season

Weird having games that matter this late in the season.

Weird having games that matter this late in the season.

No kidding. Heard something on Dan Patrick today that you'd like. It was a clip from 2017. He was talking to Denzel Washington about his playing days at Fordham. Denzel said he could play defense, run the court and annoy the other team, but wasn't much of a shooter. Patrick said

" Like Patrick Beverly?"

"Yes! I love Beverly. He's my kind of player, and you love him, if he's on your team!" 😊

No kidding. Heard something on Dan Patrick today that you'd like. It was a clip from 2017. He was talking to Denzel Washington about his playing days at Fordham. Denzel said he could play defense, run the court and annoy the other team, but wasn't much of a shooter. Patrick said

" Like Patrick Beverly?"

"Yes! I love Beverly. He's my kind of player, and you love him, if he's on your team!" 😊
Good thing Beverly has learned how to be a solid shooter...

" Like Patrick Beverly?"

Am I the only one that didn't know Denzel played college basketball?! And D1 at that?!! Love the PatBev comparison.

Howl Wolves!!

Am I the only one that didn't know Denzel played college basketball?! And D1 at that?!! Love the PatBev comparison.

Howl Wolves!!

Probably not. Think he only played JV ball. By his own admission, confirmed by his Coach P.J.Carlissimo, he was at a good defender, but a terrible offensive player. Think he left the team after his Sophomore year. Though he did graduate and has given millions to the school.

Injury Report for tonight's game against Phoenix

First Timberwolves and then the Suns

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Karl-Anthony TownsCMar 22Day-To-DayTowns (forearm) is questionable for Wednesday's matchup against the Suns.
NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Gabriel LundbergFMar 22Out
Cameron JohnsonSFMar 22OutJohnson (quadriceps) is out for Wednesday's contest against the Timberwolves, Duane Rankin of The Arizona Republic reports.
Chris PaulPGMar 22OutPaul (thumb) has been ruled out for Wednesday's contest against the Timberwolves, Duane Rankin of The Arizona Republic reports.
Frank KaminskyPFJan 7OutKaminsky underwent successful knee surgery Friday and will be re-evaluated in eight weeks, David Aldridge of The Athletic reports.
Dario SaricPFJul 7OutSaric suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during the first quarter of Game 1 of the NBA Finals, Shams Charania of The Athletic reports.

Top Bottom