All Things 2020 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

We won by 8, with them knocking on the door, and who knows, probably David Johnson makes Iloka look silly if he doesn't fumble the pitch. Instead, Iloka gets to do a single thing right in the game and probably prevent himself from being cut. Would they have converted the 2pt? We'll never need to know, thankfully.

But the point is this: we probably win by 22 if Harrison isn't give the BS ejection.

So ... what the hell happened with Iloka? He was drafted in the same class as Harrison Smith, apparently raising all the way up to the #3 safety (behind Smith and another guy) at one point. 5th round pick by the Bengals, started a bunch of games for them 2013-2017.

He looked like a JV high school player out there.
To be fair, didn't we just sign him this week? I'm sure he's not in perfect shape or totally up to speed.

The young CB's seem to be coming along, if Hughes can ever stay on the field. I'm not sure how good the D can be without Hunter or Barr though. League average is probably their ceiling.

I like Hill and the two rookies. May not be pro bowlers, but I think we can work with them. Hughes is icing, if he can stay healthy and contribute.

Smith's ejection shows we really need someone to step up at safety. Iloka literally crapped the bed. If your guess is correct, that he was simply a fish out of water, fine. Give him another chance.

I like Hill and the two rookies. May not be pro bowlers, but I think we can work with them. Hughes is icing, if he can stay healthy and contribute.

Smith's ejection shows we really need someone to step up at safety. Iloka literally crapped the bed. If your guess is correct, that he was simply a fish out of water, fine. Give him another chance.
Whether Iloka will improve or not, I'm not sure what other options they have.

Whether Iloka will improve or not, I'm not sure what other options they have.
There are literally other safeties on the roster. I'm assuming Zim brought Iloka on the trip because he knew him from Cincy. I think that's the same old deal as the other LB we just signed, who did get on the field as well, and other various journeymen defenders we've had over the past years.

Let's talk about the biggest Vikings news of the week:

Coach Mike Zimmer is dating a 38-year-old Instagram model who is also a former Maxim cover girl.

And she just posted a topless shot on her Instagram account.

Zim, you dog!

Coach Mike Zimmer is dating a 38-year-old Instagram model who is also a former Maxim cover girl.

Zim, you dog!
Maybe she is the reason for our 1-3 record?

It's probably a little early, but... It's starting to look like Kevin Stefanski is the new Tony Dungy / Mike Tomlin. (And Brian Billick if you want to include him.) Assistants that you know have a lot on the ball and will eventually outshine the head coach they worked for here.

Zim, you dog!

He’s just trying to keep up with the young coaches in the league. He’s doing a great job with that, off the field.

It's probably a little early, but... It's starting to look like Kevin Stefanski is the new Tony Dungy / Mike Tomlin. (And Brian Billick if you want to include him.) Assistants that you know have a lot on the ball and will eventually outshine the head coach they worked for here.
For a hot minute there was a rumor that Dallas was coming for Zimmer last January and we'd promote Stafanski. That might turn into a what-if for both teams. But otherwise it's not really, one who got away. It's not like you can argue that should have fired Zim after making the Divisional play-offs.

Dungy was the one they could see coming and missed their chance. Supposedly the Gang of 10 owners voted 5-5 to fire Denny and promote Dungy in 1996.

Cousins will be the Vikings QB this year and in 2021. It is all but set in stone. $45M in dead cap if we cut him after this year. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/kirk-cousins-9915/

So they need to draft a QB this coming draft, and have him develop in 2021.

Unless they like Jake Browning and/or Nate Stanley a lot.
I was just going to look this up. So realistically we're a looking at a different QB no earlier than 2022. Could possibly still take a QB this year. I would say next year at the latest. Let him develop for at least a year.

Kirk made great throws. He can do that. He can make all the throws needed to win a Super Bowl. It's just that he needs perfect protection, or otherwise everything to go right.

Zim showing he hasn't lost his ability to coach defense tonight. Why can't he do this against Aaron Rodgers?

Zim showing he hasn't lost his ability to coach defense tonight. Why can't he do this against Aaron Rodgers?

Quoting before you edit! :)

21 points in under 2 minutes.

Skol Vikes!!

Quoting before you edit! :)

21 points in under 2 minutes.

Skol Vikes!!
Well that changed most quickly

Edit: And terrible timing for the tank job, they get a team at home next week that just fired the HC and GM with Atlanta. So the Vikings CAUSED an HC to get canned by allowing his team to get beaten by the lowly Vikings, and now the Vikings get to play a team with an interim HC. Awesome stuff

The Vikings schedule actually still gives them a decent shot at a WC. They have 6 winnable home games left: Bears, Lions, Panthers, Falcons, Jags, Cowboys. That leaves them needing two road wins from the Lions, Bears, Packers, Saints, Bucs or tonight.

That. Was. Brutal.

Zimmer will have to answer a lot of questions. No idea why we didn't kick the FG. Take the dang points.

What a horrific loss.

Skol Vikes!!

For the second time this year, the difference in the game is an ill-advised 2-point conversion attempt too early in the game.

Not gonna criticize the decision not to kick the FG.

Well, Zimmer is gonna get fired blowing this one. Take the points and win the game.... how does this happen?

That. Was. Brutal.

Zimmer will have to answer a lot of questions. No idea why we didn't kick the FG. Take the dang points.

What a horrific loss.

Skol Vikes!!
If you're going to go for it, sneak it. It was inches to go.

For the second time this year, the difference in the game is an ill-advised 2-point conversion attempt too early in the game.

Not gonna criticize the decision not to kick the FG.
This. Any two point try before the 4th quarter is a bad decision. Also, Mattison played great, but made a horrible run on that 4th down play. There was a perfect hole setup to the right where he likely would have scored had he had the vision to see it.

Last edited:

No he's not.
You think so? 1-4 and the defense looks horrible. I’d be surprised if he survives. I’m a Packer fan, so I don’t have a horse in the race, but this is a deflating loss. BTW, I was rooting for the Vikings.

This. Any two point try before the 4th quarter is a bad decision. Also, Mattison played great, but made a horrible run on that 4th down play. There was a perfect hole setup to the right where he likely would have scored and he had the vision to see it.
Agree with both. He may have scored if he runs to the right of the block instead of right into it. This franchise continues to find new and exciting ways to lose.

Top Bottom