All Things 2020-2021 College Basketball Coach Hire/Fire Thread

Or, like I’ve said, the boosters can just do it on their own. With zero involvement from the coach.

Even if the coach doesn’t want any part of it ... they can still just do it. He can’t stop them.

Hustling is easier if you have a ready supply of cash to dispense
Or, like I’ve said, the boosters can just do it on their own. With zero involvement from the coach.

Even if the coach doesn’t want any part of it ... they can still just do it. He can’t stop them.
At any program across all of college basketball, correct?

Or do you have this certainty that those darn Texans are at it again, walking around in their cowboy boots handing out cash. Your point re: boosters has been out there for ~30 years, and isn't a new revelation or theory. My only reason for commenting is when you turned it into something specific to UT, Baylor and Texas Tech and tied Beard's landing the Texas job (he graduated from Texas) into the inevitable discussion that there's gonna be shaky stuff going on just wait! In at least UT and Texas Tech's case, there's been zero chatter to my knowledge, similar to all the recent buzz (be it Adidas-related or separate) around schools like Arizona, LSU, Kansas, etc, etc. I try to follow all conferences, glad to hear it if I missed where Shaka's tenure at Texas was in any way perceived shady, including thoughts on how he (or those uncontrollable boosters) managed to get THAT player. Similar for Beard at Texas Tech. Baylor will always be tagged because of the Bliss era, along with the football-related, no doubt.

Remember to add Texas A&M to the mix even though their program has looked more similar to the Gophers. A&M's deep pockets (both the school and the booster group) are closest to rivaling UT among all these schools, so their boosters are definitely also trying their best to manage this on the side. . .and not doing a very good job of it. . . They need to step up or hire a new superstar coach at which point those boosters will THEN step up. They can't possibly continue to allow the program to suffer compared to Texas Tech, Baylor and UT.

Given the posts will just continue and choosing certain sentences or parts of sentences to respond to;), I'll quit on this one while I'm behind, and let you shoot the inevitable darts.

Another long-time assistant hire as a HC. Son is playing in PHX at GCU.

Can't remember who tweeted it, but I saw mention of a rumor that Wes Miller from UNC-Greensboro is a leading candidate for Cincinnati.

Can't remember who tweeted it, but I saw mention of a rumor that Wes Miller from UNC-Greensboro is a leading candidate for Cincinnati.
It was either Rothstein or Goodman who tweeted it I’m sure

Ongoing bidding war for Illinois assistant (former Kentucky asst) Orlando Antigua, one of the best recruiters in the country. Would be shocked if he didn't end up back in Lexington, Adam Miller would likely follow him too.

Calipari also looking at Illinois asst Chinn Coleman who kept both Dosunmu and Adam Miller home. Losing one would be a blow to Underwood but losing both would definitely derail things when they really were starting to turn the corner as a program. Edit: Kansas apparently also considering Coleman to replace Jerrance Howard.

Last edited:

Top Bottom