All Things 2020-2021 College Basketball Coach Hire/Fire Thread

Now will be up to "friends of Texas basketball" to see just how wide they're willing to open their ATM withdrawals to try to match Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas for the 5*. Orange is the new Blue?
Beard plays it clean from everything I heard. Top 5 coach in the country right now. What a win for UT.

Beard plays it clean from everything I heard.
What does that have to do with anything???

Just because some coaches "don't want any part of that stuff", doesn't mean boosters aren't still working behind the scenes of their own accord to funnel money to recruits. If nothing more, just to keep up with what other schools' boosters are doing.

Would hope some Gopher boosters are taking that upon themselves, if Iowa, Wisc, etc. boosters are. Feels hard for me to believe that every successful P5 operation doesn't have this, organically if nothing else, even if the coach has 0.0% involvement.

Just because some coaches "don't want any part of that stuff", doesn't mean boosters aren't still working behind the scenes of their own accord to funnel money to recruits. If nothing more, just to keep up with what other schools' boosters are doing.

Would hope some Gopher boosters are taking that upon themselves, if Iowa, Wisc, etc. boosters are. Feels hard for me to believe that every successful P5 operation doesn't have this, organically if nothing else, even if the coach has 0.0% involvement.
Shocked you’re mentioning this. Not something you usually bring up.

Would this be the equivalent of if a successful coach left MN for like Iowa or Wisconsin? Sucks to lose a coach to a rival.
No. That would be more if he went to TCU or Baylor. This is like losing Fleck to Michigan or OSU like Mpls said.

Coaches know what's going on. On them to keep it clean.

Any word on what Dexter Pittman thinks of the Beard hire?

No. That would be more if he went to TCU or Baylor. This is like losing Fleck to Michigan or OSU like Mpls said.
I think it’s even stranger because it’s in state. Granted Texas is a big state.

It’d be like if dantonio got hired by Michigan

You would be wrong. I know some of the largest boosters there are anywhere and they would never ruin their program. They like giving 20 million for facilities, 10-20 million in annuities. Not that many players are getting money. Top 75ish players are not getting money. There are tons of players and families that would be insulted as hell by it. I was asked a few years ago to host a recruit over lunch of a major power 6 conference and knew not to even pay for lunch and the recruit and his father would not have accepted if i offered. He went on to win a national title and is in the NBA. Some people actually have dignity and honor as values. Winning something clean meant something for everyone involved. Of course there are dirty programs. We had filthy scum coaches here, shoe scum around Kansas ,Arizona etc.. Academic scum at UNC. Think what you want. That lowlife shoe guy even tried to show that he dined the Brogdon's but he falsified a receipt . That was called out by the Brogdon's as they all had proof they could not even have been there and as a judge and a provost he had barked up the wrong tree. Of course this lowlife had to admit he lied and was just trying to appeal to other prospects which was funny because he only brought it up after Malcom was rookie of the year in the NBA and going back to when Malcom was offered he was ranked between 80-100.

lol

People just be trolling, just to make the internet look wrong.

Yep, you know how Catholic OU is.

Is Ed Conroy a leading candidate at Loyola yet?

It's crazy how a school with sub par basketball tradition like OU makes another great hire. I really wish we would've went after Moser.

It's crazy how a school with sub par basketball tradition like OU makes another great hire. I really wish we would've went after Moser.

I know. Took me a week to get over the disappointment, but I got some vodka and made vodka lemonades out of it. so im fine now

Top Bottom