All Things 2016 NCAA Tourney Thread

How does the guy for Providence get that open? Crazy finish. Great patience by the inbounder too.

Pac 12 goes 1-3 in the first day despite being the higher seed in every game.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whitehead sucked tonight. He's their best player and he didn't show up tonight.

That said, we could have used him this year...

How does the guy for Providence get that open? Crazy finish. Great patience by the inbounder too.

Pac 12 goes 1-3 in the first day despite being the higher seed in every game.
The only Pac 12 team I've been even mildly impressed by all year was Utah. I think OSU and Cal both lose today, and Oregon doesn't survive the weekend.

Whitehead sucked tonight. He's their best player and he didn't show up tonight.

That said, we could have used him this year...

He had an awful shooting night but he's a terrific talent. We absolutely could have used him or someone like him this year.

He had an awful shooting night but he's a terrific talent. We absolutely could have used him or someone like him this year.

Yeah you can see the talent. He probably should have stopped shooting so much from the outside after it was obvious it was an off night for him.

The only Pac 12 team I've been even mildly impressed by all year was Utah. I think OSU and Cal both lose today, and Oregon doesn't survive the weekend.

OSU is really bad, I think Cal (unfortunately) squeaks by today, but I can't see them making the sweet 16 without their PG

How often do you think that the announcer for Hawaii mixes these two guys up:
Stefan Jankovic 6'11" F
Stefan Jovanovic 6'11" C

Yes, these are two different guys.

How often do you think that the announcer for Hawaii mixes these two guys up:
Stefan Jankovic 6'11" F
Stefan Jovanovic 6'11" C

Yes, these are two different guys.

Reminds me of two guys I played football against. They were twins and their names were Joe and Joseph.

This is a very un-Izzo like tourney performance.

Go Gophers!!

And how. This just absolutely ruins my brackets. I would never in a million years have thought an Izzo coached team with this level of experience would go down in the first round.

Considering most thought MSU should have been a 1 seed, this may go down as the biggest upset in Tournament history.

Go Gophers!!

Tough end for Valentine. He was a pleasure to watch over the years.

Wonder if MTSU brought their own humidity to the arena and that's why Sparty struggled?

Missed foul on Woodbury gives Iowa 2 shots with 23 seconds left

Iowa up 61-58

3 calls go against Temple in OT: No call on a foul by Iowa, bs call on Temple, bs charge call on Temple. Then Iowa gets lucky with a Uthoff foul on a kid with an injured wrist who is a 55% free throw shooter. Instead of Temple holding the ball for the last shot, they have this terrible free throw shooter at the line for a one and one and he misses the front end giving Iowa the last shot of OT. Finally Gessell airballs a prayer and Woodbury shoves the Temple player and tips in the rebound for the win.

Straight Garbage

3 calls go against Temple in OT: No call on a foul by Iowa, bs call on Temple, bs charge call on Temple. Then Iowa gets lucky with a Uthoff foul on a kid with an injured wrist who is a 55% free throw shooter. Instead of Temple holding the ball for the last shot, they have this terrible free throw shooter at the line for a one and one and he misses the front end giving Iowa the last shot of OT. Finally Gessell airballs a prayer and Woodbury shoves the Temple player and tips in the rebound for the win.

Straight Garbage

Not to mention Woodbury was always doing over and back and would tip it out to an Iowa player.

What a joke of a game called by the refs.

Straight Garbage

You're right. All garbage!
All the refs had their eyes closed on that woodbury push. Unbelievable.

Reminds me of two guys I played football against. They were twins and their names were Joe and Joseph.

That reminds me of identical twins that worked for me as cooks. Young guys. I never could tell them apart. One day the one cut himself and then the other one fainted.

Mich St. Bracket busted me just after the 2nd day. Why can't I learn never to pick the B1G in this thing!!!

You're right. All garbage!
All the refs had their eyes closed on that woodbury push. Unbelievable.

No kidding. That was so obvious. Should be tie score with two seconds left and Temple shooting FT's.

Top Bottom