All Things 2016 NCAA Tourney Thread

These two teams played each other earlier this year and Oklahoma won by 23.

Could see history.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well played:

Go Gophers!!

Well played:

Go Gophers!!

If Nova did that every game for something like 5 straight years then it wouldn't be a strawman argument.

Shocked by Oklahoma laying an egg like that. NC-Nova should be a decent game though.

If Nova did that every game for something like 5 straight years then it wouldn't be a strawman argument.

I posted this in the women's tourney thread as well: If Golden St. wins every game the rest of the year (including playoffs), they will end with a 90-8 record and still have a lower winning percentage than the UConn women have had in the last 23 years combined.

It's pretty simple to me, total dominance over a long period of time just doesn't appeal to most casual fans.

two boring games tonight.

two boring games tonight.
Exactly.

I'm hoping for a Villanova win so we don't need to read about UNC'S abdication of a national championship due to academic scandal. It would be much cleaner to have a legitimate national champion.

I'm cheering for Nova so I don't have a meltdown when UNC isn't required to vacate the championship.

I'm already hating UNC more than usual just by the way they walked out for player introductions.

Choke on a **** Roy.

What an incredible shot by UNC. I hope Nova can hit a buzzer beater.

Go Nova!!

I'm trying to let that finish sink in, but that game is top three among the top three championships I've watched. That was everything that's great about college basketball.

- 1983: NC State over Houston
- 1985: Nova over Georgetown
- 2016: Nova over North Carolina

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Jenkins is a fun guy to watch. He's the kind of guy who will be playing into his 50's at the Y and overpowering the kids with his crafty moves and giant ass. This more than made up for rather dull semis.

Congrats to Nova!

I'm not unhappy that it probably REALLY stings UNC fans. Hurts a bit maybe. What a fantastic finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Jenkins is a fun guy to watch. He's the kind of guy who will be playing into his 50's at the Y and overpowering the kids with his crafty moves and giant ass. This more than made up for rather dull semis.

Congrats to Nova!
Literally had that same conversation with my friends. He's the premier ymca style baller. Can shoot in a phone booth.

I'm trying to let that finish sink in, but that game is top three among the top three championships I've watched. That was everything that's great about college basketball.

We must be @ the same age... that's a list I can agree with.

Iowa lost to both the D1 and D2 champions this year.

Amazingly Minnesota almost did that in 2006-2007 when they lost to Winona State and OSU but OSU lost in the championship game.

Great to see the cheats lose. Don't particularly like or dislike Nova, but always a great day when UNC loses!

2008 Kansas over Memphis was pretty good too.

College sports - always better than the pros

Top Bottom