All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

It's not a done deal yet, but it's apparently on the desk of Houston's President, if he signs off, then a formal offer will be made. This could be done very quickly.

*She

Kiffin will be at Houston for 3 years (maybe 2) and will have a great record due to Tom Herman's program and recruiting. He'll parlay that into a 3rd major college HC job where he'll flame out spectacularly. Hopefully at that point he'll finally realize that his calling is being a high-quality OC in the NFL or major college.

*She

Kiffin will be at Houston for 3 years (maybe 2) and will have a great record due to Tom Herman's program and recruiting. He'll parlay that into a 3rd major college HC job where he'll flame out spectacularly. Hopefully at that point he'll finally realize that his calling is being a high-quality OC in the NFL or major college.
He's young enough to get a 4th try.

Better UH than UofM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better UH than UofM

It would take GH posting to new levels...at least for the one year he coached here...just sayin'. I'll stick with no drama TC.

If TC is not thrilled with our current OC, could try and get Kendal Briles and probably a new QB for 3 years:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...arterback-jarrett-stidham-decison-next-school

I don't like Baylor's hurry-up offense, so, I'm not sure I'd be excited about it (I think this style equates to a tired and weak defense). However, if he was the designer of Baylor's plays (not sure how much Art Briles contributed to this), we could use his mind. I'm sure he could adjust to a non-hurry-up scheme.

If TC is not thrilled with our current OC, could get Kendal Briles and probably a new QB for 3 years:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...arterback-jarrett-stidham-decison-next-school

I don't like Baylor's hurry-up offense, so, I'm not sure I'd be excited about it (I think this style equates to a tired and weak defense). However, if he was the designer of Baylor's plays (not sure how much Art Briles contributed to this), we could use his mind. I'm sure he could adjust to a non-hurry-up scheme.

I really don't want us to get connected to the Baylor mess....

If TC is not thrilled with our current OC, could try and get Kendal Briles and probably a new QB for 3 years:

Thinking he should probably give the one he hired more than a year to get his system and philosophy in place...

Thinking he should probably give the one he hired more than a year to get his system and philosophy in place...

If he is still happy with the hire, yea, I agree.

Did you just assume his/her gender? SMDH

/s

wnIaRyJ.gif

Kiffin done deal with Houston.

I think he'll do just fine there. Guy can recruit and there are already really good recruits at the school. Now he just needs to win and be stable. I think it is in his best interest to stay there for at least 4 years...

I think he'll do just fine there. Guy can recruit and there are already really good recruits at the school. Now he just needs to win and be stable. I think it is in his best interest to stay there for at least 4 years...

He's Never had a losing record as a college coach.

lol

He's Never had a losing record as a college coach.

True. However, he did go 7-6 at USC. Tracy Claeys is vilified for going 8-4 at Minnesota, but a 7-6 record at USC is basically the equivalent of a 4-8 or 3-9 season here.

True. However, he did go 7-6 at USC. Tracy Claeys is vilified for going 8-4 at Minnesota, but a 7-6 record at USC is basically the equivalent of a 4-8 or 3-9 season here.

To be fair, USC was under sanctions from the previous coach.

lol

I didn't say he would, I said it was in his best interest to show some commitment to a program. Do you disagree?

To be fair, USC was under sanctions from the previous coach.

They were #1 in the country to start the season and ended the season unranked, the first team to achieve that distinction since Ole Miss in 1964. They returned 18 starters from a team that ended 2011 #6 in the country at 10-2.

They were #1 in the country to start the season and ended the season unranked, the first team to achieve that distinction since Ole Miss in 1964. They returned 18 starters from a team that ended 2011 #6 in the country at 10-2.

its one season out of what 7 as a HC and 20+ in coaching overall? people have bad seasons when they aren't experienced damn dude.

its pretty safe to say he's a better now than he was then - guys like carroll and saban wouldn't hire him if he wasnt any good

its one season out of what 7 as a HC and 20+ in coaching overall? people have bad seasons when they aren't experienced damn dude.

What did experience have to do with it? He had already been an NFL head coach and that was his 6th year as a head coach overall. He was handed the keys to one of the (if not THE) best coaching jobs in college football and he **** the bed. His biggest problem is that he's been handed everything in life and has an attitude and maturity level to match.

its pretty safe to say he's a better now than he was then - guys like carroll and saban wouldn't hire him if he wasnt any good

I never said he isn't good. He's an elite OC - he might be the best in the country. He has shown nothing as a head coach. It's the Peter Principle at work. I'll finally have some respect for him if he goes out and earns it with this job, which would be the first time he's done so in his life.

What did experience have to do with it? He had already been an NFL head coach and that was his 6th year as a head coach overall. He was handed the keys to one of the (if not THE) best coaching jobs in college football and he **** the bed. His biggest problem is that he's been handed everything in life and has an attitude and maturity level to match.

I never said he isn't good. He's an elite OC - he might be the best in the country. He has shown nothing as a head coach. It's the Peter Principle at work. I'll finally have some respect for him if he goes out and earns it with this job, which would be the first time he's done so in his life.

lol ok so you resent him for being born on 3rd base and you want him to do it 'your way' - petty, but whatever floats your boat dude

nothing as a college head coach huh? he's never had a losing record, guess that wouldnt satisfy you would it?

lol ok so you resent him for being born on 3rd base and you want him to do it 'your way' - petty, but whatever floats your boat dude

nothing as a college head coach huh? he's never had a losing record, guess that wouldnt satisfy you would it?

It doesn't satisfy any of the anti-TC crowd so why is that an acceptable benchmark for LK? If TC had the talent that LK had at his disposal and parlayed that into a very mediocre record for 4/5 years would you feel he was deserving of more time due to lack of experience?

It doesn't satisfy any of the anti-TC crowd so why is that an acceptable benchmark for LK? If TC had the talent that LK had at his disposal and parlayed that into a very mediocre record for 4/5 years would you feel he was deserving of more time due to lack of experience?

tracy claeys wouldnt get hired at usc, he's not the type

tracy claeys wouldnt get hired at usc, he's not the type

Not denying that- just querying why LK deserves the benefit of doubt in regards to his mediocre results as a HC because of his lack of experience when he's surrounded by 4-5* recruits and yet TC is demeaned for having the same mediocre record.

Looks like Charlie Strong headed to South Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom