All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

Not denying that- just querying why LK deserves the benefit of doubt in regards to his mediocre results as a HC because of his lack of experience when he's surrounded by 4-5* recruits and yet TC is demeaned for having the same mediocre record.
im not really giving kiffin the benefit of the doubt, other elite coaches keep hiring him because he's good.

im on board with claeys and have called for him to stay here because of the work he's done on the defensive side

Looks like Charlie Strong headed to South Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish him well. Just think if he would have stayed at Louisville...

Looks like opportunities for Fleck are quickly drying up.

Agreed- seems like a smooth transition from Taggert. Strong will be back in the power5 in 2-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that he'll stay a little longer at USF, he'll have opportunities in 2 to 3 yrs, but he'll be very picky about his next job. Coach Strong will avoid all dumpster fires after getting burned by the one in Texas.

That is a really good landing spot for him.

Very true. Most of his best players at Louisville came from Florida. Had a total of 11-12 years coaching for the Gators. Getting that pipeline going again at USF will be a lot easier than getting those Florida players to follow him to Temple.

Very true. Most of his best players at Louisville came from Florida. Had a total of 11-12 years coaching for the Gators. Getting that pipeline going again at USF will be a lot easier than getting those Florida players to follow him to Temple.

Charlie never coached at Temple- think u mean Lou-ville.

Lane Kiffin excited to coach Houston: “This program has proven it’s a springboard to much better jobs”

Link

Wow, probably not the first thing you want quoted as a new HC...

The Sports Pickle is a satire website, just so ya know, kind of like The Onion of the sports world. It's quite funny too.

The Sports Pickle is a satire website, just so ya know, kind of like The Onion of the sports world. It's quite funny too.

Unless Kiffin suspects that Saban might retire in the next 2 years and winning big at Houston will make him a credible, insider candidate for the Alabama job, he should have not taken that job. Kiffin could have gotten a better job than HC at a Houston program that did not get picked by the Big 12.(they do belong in the B12)

If Strong is really going to South Florida, that is a good call. Strong will pick up lot great talent, and he will win there. The AAC is a very under-rated conference.

I am curious as to what the former Oregon coach might do. Taggert might be good at Oregon, but firing Mark H. was questionable. I'd rather have Tracy Claeys than any of these guys, or the new Purdue guy or the Row the Boat guy.

Major Applewhite is Houston's new head coach and NOT Joey Freshwater

What happened to Kiffin? Read somewhere he was a "done deal". UH was smart to stay clear, IMO.

Unless Kiffin suspects that Saban might retire in the next 2 years and winning big at Houston will make him a credible, insider candidate for the Alabama job, he should have not taken that job. Kiffin could have gotten a better job than HC at a Houston program that did not get picked by the Big 12.(they do belong in the B12)

If Strong is really going to South Florida, that is a good call. Strong will pick up lot great talent, and he will win there. The AAC is a very under-rated conference.

I am curious as to what the former Oregon coach might do. Taggert might be good at Oregon, but firing Mark H. was questionable. I'd rather have Tracy Claeys than any of these guys, or the new Purdue guy or the Row the Boat guy.

Weird post. In the first paragraph, you state that Kiffin could've done better because Houston didn't get picked by the Big 12, implying that the AAC isn't very good. Then in the next paragraph, you state that Strong did well going to USF and that the AAC is underrated. Is the conference not very good or is it underrated?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Major just got a promotion.

Major Applewhite, who has spent the past two seasons as offensive coordinator, was named the 14th head coach at the University of Houston on Friday morning.

Applewhite, 38, was offered the job over a group of finalists that included interim coach/defensive coordinator Todd Orlando, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and former LSU coach Les Miles.

Applewhite will begin the job immediately and serve as head coach in the Dec. 17 Las Vegas Bowl against San Diego State. Todd Orlando will serve as defensive coordinator in the bowl game.

"When we set out on our search for the new leader of our football program, we wanted a coach with great integrity who believed in our mission and truly believed in our student-athlete experience," UH Vice President for Athletics Hunter Yurachek said. "We had our sights set on a focused competitor who has demonstrated success and possesses a deep connection to college and high school football in the great state of Texas. As this process was completed, it was clearly evident the only individual to offer our position to was Major Applewhite and he was indeed the right man to lead our program."

This will be the first head-coaching job for Applewhite, a record-setting quarterback at the University of Texas who has been an offensive coordinator on the FBS level at Rice (2006), Alabama (2007) and seven seasons as assistant – including four seasons as co-offensive coordinator – at Texas under Mack Brown.

http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...Applewhite-as-new-football-coach-10785422.php

Five FBS openings open right now.

Cincinnati
Florida Atlantic
South Florida- Charlie Strong rumored
Temple
Western Kentucky

12 have been filled.

What happened to Kiffin? Read somewhere he was a "done deal". UH was smart to stay clear, IMO.

Spring board to a better job huh! My arse says UH.

It is all about him, not the program he was going to take over.

Brady Hoke punked by the Nikegon U president and Willie Taggert. Think he was giving a middle finger salute in the back of the room?
Willie Taggart just savaged Brady Hoke during his first Oregon press ...
www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/willie-taggart-just...his...press.../ar-AAlk6ly
19 hours ago - Oregon has a new head coach in Willie Taggart and following the ... ever, they held a celebratory coronation of an introductory press conference.

Spring board to a better job huh! My arse says UH.

It is all about him, not the program he was going to take over.

Kiffin didn't say that. Though many many people are probably thinking he did. It was from Sports Pickle, a sports satire site. They also posted this:

Donald Trump backs off plans to reinstall Joe Paterno as Penn State head coach now that team is winning

NEW YORK — Add not reanimating the corpse of Joe Paterno to the list of campaign promises president-elect Donald Trump has backed away from in the weeks since he was elected the 45th president of the United States. According to Trump spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway, the president-elect “currently has no plans to dig up Joe Paterno’s body, bring it back to life and then reinstall it as head coach of Penn State’s football team. It’s not current a top priority of a Trump administration.”

Bringing Joe Paterno back, as Trump said he hoped to do in a Pennsylvania campaign stop back in April, is also not listed on the president-elect’s plan posted online for his first 100 days in office. That pivot could anger many voters who gave Trump an unexpected win in Pennsylvania, as Public Policy Polling found heavy support for Trump among Paterno supporters in the state.

Satire.

https://medium.com/sportspickle/don...oach-now-that-team-is-5db9e3a364b5#.mnrmrzezx

lol ok so you resent him for being born on 3rd base and you want him to do it 'your way' - petty, but whatever floats your boat dude

nothing as a college head coach huh? he's never had a losing record, guess that wouldnt satisfy you would it?

Kiffin will get fired from Houston. Some people just are certain things and some people are just not. He is NOT a big time head coach. He tanked at USC, got worse every year. Was 5-6 over his last 11 PAC 12 games. That's awful. Out of 4 1/2 seasons as a college head coach he had 1 good year. Certainly didn't get better as time went on.

<b>Kiffin will get fired from Houston. </b>Some people just are certain things and some people are just not. He is NOT a big time head coach. He tanked at USC, got worse every year. Was 5-6 over his last 11 PAC 12 games. That's awful. Out of 4 1/2 seasons as a college head coach he had 1 good year. Certainly didn't get better as time went on.

I'll bet you he won't.

I'll bet you he won't.

Lol. I bet he won't even get hired there. Not good enough. They'll probably pick a young guy with no head coaching experience over Kiffin :)

Top Bottom