All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

Allen, a man of unbridled passion and faith, will get a six-year deal with pay at a “competitive Big Ten level.” Glass said details are still being worked out. Wilson made $2.15 million a year.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/Tom-Allen-has--vision--for-IU-football-breakthrough

Wonder if Claeys gets some leverage from the 6 year deal being handed to a one year DC or is Claey's deal done?

I don't think Claeys has any extra leverage unless he has other offers from equivalent schools, and I doubt he does.

Lane Kiffin to Houston?

This one might make sense. Particularly after noting Houston's reaction to the Texas signing Tom Herman and most of his staff.

Earlier in the week it was reported that Lane Kiffin was in the mix to fill the head coaching vacancy at Houston. Come Sunday, or shortly thereafter, the Alabama offensive coordinator may be taking the next step in returning to lead his own college football program.

Citing multiple unnamed sources, SBNation.com‘s Steven Godfrey is reporting that Kiffin will interview for the Houston job after Alabama’s SEC Championship game against Florida Saturday afternoon. Kiffin has also been mentioned as a possibility to take over the coordinator role at LSU, giving his current head coach motive to campaign for him to land the Cougars job.

From Godfrey’s report:

Multiple sources have also confirmed to SB Nation that Alabama head coach Nick Saban is actively promoting Kiffin to Houston, ostensibly to keep his OC from jumping to a division rival next season.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...b-after-sec-title-game/?shared=email&msg=fail

This one might make sense. Particularly after noting Houston's reaction to the Texas signing Tom Herman and most of his staff.

Earlier in the week it was reported that Lane Kiffin was in the mix to fill the head coaching vacancy at Houston. Come Sunday, or shortly thereafter, the Alabama offensive coordinator may be taking the next step in returning to lead his own college football program.

Citing multiple unnamed sources, SBNation.com‘s Steven Godfrey is reporting that Kiffin will interview for the Houston job after Alabama’s SEC Championship game against Florida Saturday afternoon. Kiffin has also been mentioned as a possibility to take over the coordinator role at LSU, giving his current head coach motive to campaign for him to land the Cougars job.

From Godfrey’s report:

Multiple sources have also confirmed to SB Nation that Alabama head coach Nick Saban is actively promoting Kiffin to Houston, ostensibly to keep his OC from jumping to a division rival next season.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...b-after-sec-title-game/?shared=email&msg=fail
Houston does seem like it would be a good fit for him.

Wyoming has signed Craig Bohl to a new contract after 8-4 finish to regular season and appearance in MWC title game footballscoop.com/news/criag-boh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyoming has signed Craig Bohl to a new contract after 8-4 finish to regular season and appearance in MWC title game footballscoop.com/news/criag-boh…

Huh? Read many times around here how teams would be lining-up to sign him? :confused:

Fleck was asked if he will coach bowl game. He avoided it as expected.
1% chance he's in Kalamazoo next season.

Sounding like Fleck may be going to Oregon. Reading that Purdue is probably out. Brohm may be going to Purdue. Claeys to Minnesota.

Sounding like Fleck may be going to Oregon. Reading that Purdue is probably out. Brohm may be going to Purdue. Claeys to Minnesota.

When they started talking about Nike wanting a coach that basically represents them, Fleck jumped up really quick.

Do folks in H-Town like a-holes?
Well, Trump did win Texas. No helmet school is going to hire Kiffin at this point, his best bet is find a school like Houston that's been relatively successful, and use it as a stepping stone to a better job.

Gosh, if we had only contacted Fleck first he would be our new Head Coach. Just like Georgia Head Coach Glen Mason. Only Oregon's Head Coach Fleck's reasons wouldn't be so personal.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. Seriously? After what's happened (and happening at Baylor) Wonder if he'll bring on Jerry Sandusky as an Assistant Coach and Brock Turner as a Graduate Assistant.

Brohm just re-signed- haven't seen many have the audacity to sign and immediately bow out of a new contract.

Wow. Seriously? After what's happened (and happening at Baylor) Wonder if he'll bring on Jerry Sandusky as an Assistant Coach and Brock Turner as a Graduate Assistant.

Not so fast...

Not so fast...

Did you read the disgusting sub tweets from the Art Briles defender on that tweet? Jesus Christ some people are awful
f1c3b058132379944550968b61942e67.jpg

Huh? Read many times around here how teams would be lining-up to sign him? :confused:
No, I don't think you read that at all. You did read that some people believe he could be a good fit for Minnesota, what with his Midwest ties and a style that seems somewhat similar to ours. But I didn't see many writing that he was in demand like, say, Fleck.

Art Briles could be hired IMO if he apologized, admitted his faults regarding the rapes, and made a yearly effort on the behalf of an anti-rape organization.

I want him to just let it loose in a press conference about all the stuff he screwed up and how going forward he's going to honor the victims. I haven't heard it yet and the buyout is probably preventing him from doing it, but god damn if it was me I would go on for 45 minutes about how I failed as a coach. Admit your faults, fix them for the future and move on.

If he does that, go for him Houston. If he doesn't, it's not worth the media firestorm you'll get (rightly so).

Art Briles could be hired IMO if he apologized, admitted his faults regarding the rapes, and made a yearly effort on the behalf of an anti-rape organization.

I want him to just let it loose in a press conference about all the stuff he screwed up and how going forward he's going to honor the victims. I haven't heard it yet and the buyout is probably preventing him from doing it, but god damn if it was me I would go on for 45 minutes about how I failed as a coach. Admit your faults, fix them for the future and move on.

If he does that, go for him Houston. If he doesn't, it's not worth the media firestorm you'll get (rightly so).

The problem is that his mistakes were absolute moral failures. It's hard to think these were the kinds of things you could learn your lesson about and move on. Like Kiffen, I'm not saying he has learned his lesson, but we all probably know people who were arrogant and brash spoiled kids, some of those people probably grew up and made good (I'm not saying Kiffen did, I'm just saying those types of personality defects seem more curable).

I don't know about Briles. That stuff was REALLY bad. It didn't just break the rules, it was patently immoral, by everyone's standards. To me, this wasn't just giving a kid a bag of money (which is immoral and against NCAA rules, but really, who gets hurt?), this was something WAY beyond that.

I would never hire the guy again and I usually believe in redemption.

Boy, I don't know if its that easily salvageable at this point. Some things just aren't that easily forgotten, even if you're a great football coach. He's played the denial card way to long to all of the sudden reverse course and act like he gives a damn and cares about victims of sexual assault.

No, I don't think you read that at all. You did read that some people believe he could be a good fit for Minnesota, what with his Midwest ties and a style that seems somewhat similar to ours. But I didn't see many writing that he was in demand like, say, Fleck.

You would be wrong.;)

And certainly don't remember anybody saying that the only team in the country who would be interested in hiring him would be Wyoming. Again.

You would be wrong.;)

And certainly don't remember anybody saying that the only team in the country who would be interested in hiring him would be Wyoming. Again.

I wrote that what he has done at Wyoming was impressive. And it has been. You can extrapolate from that whatever you want, I guess.

I wrote that what he has done at Wyoming was impressive. And it has been. You can extrapolate from that whatever you want, I guess.

Wasn't referring to you but thanks for stepping-up. I guess. :cool:

Wow.

Wow.

No...really...Wow.

[statement from "X" school: We have decided to hire Art Briles as the head football coach. Sure, he was informed that a woman was sexually assaulted by FIVE football players and failed to act on that information, but he assures us that he's really sorry about that. In addition, at least once each year, he'll tell the players not to rape. Anyway...here's "Wonderwall"]

Top Bottom