All Things 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

Marcus Paige nails another 3, one point game.

Gasser only grabbed the guy's arm. That can't be a foul!

I really wanted to cheer against Kentucky tonight but now I can't.

Does anybody know...are Bob Huggins and the golfer John Daly somehow related?

Kentucky gives me comfort that Wisconsin will not win it all.

UNC's defense really let them down late in the game, they just couldn't get any stops. Obviously missing the 2 free throws down 3 with ~40 seconds left was a killer. Wisconsin is just really unlikable, we think Eliason is bad arguing fouls (and he is), but Gasser and Showalter were fouling guys on purpose during the last 3-4 minutes of game play then throwing their arms up and looking exasperated! Do they not know they are not allowed to grab guys arms or do they just feel like the ref shouldn't have been able to see it? So bizarre. I didn't like the no call on the break with UNC up 7 and chance to go up 9, but Reggie Miller thought it was good D so who knows. That seems to be called a foul pretty consistently.

That said congrats to Wisconsin, they executed big time down the stretch and had 5-6 different guys all convert either from the floor or the free throw line during the final few minutes. Very impressive combination of poise and execution. You can definitely see why they are 115-3 (or whatever ridiculous stat it was) when having the lead with 5 minutes to play. We have at least 3 losses a season where we lead with 5 to play.

It's early but Kentucky appears to be done with the exhibition season of the first two rounds and has come out to play for real in a gear only they can reach. I don't want to like them, but when they play like this they are fun to watch.

It's early but Kentucky appears to be done with the exhibition season of the first two rounds and has come out to play for real in a gear only they can reach. I don't want to like them, but when they play like this they are fun to watch.

Bourbon and Basketball...Kentucky has it all.

UNC's defense really let them down late in the game, they just couldn't get any stops. Obviously missing the 2 free throws down 3 with ~40 seconds left was a killer. Wisconsin is just really unlikable, we think Eliason is bad arguing fouls (and he is), but Gasser and Showalter were fouling guys on purpose during the last 3-4 minutes of game play then throwing their arms up and looking exasperated! Do they not know they are not allowed to grab guys arms or do they just feel like the ref shouldn't have been able to see it? So bizarre. I didn't like the no call on the break with UNC up 7 and chance to go up 9, but Reggie Miller thought it was good D so who knows. That seems to be called a foul pretty consistently.

That said congrats to Wisconsin, they executed big time down the stretch and had 5-6 different guys all convert either from the floor or the free throw line during the final few minutes. Very impressive combination of poise and execution. You can definitely see why they are 115-3 (or whatever ridiculous stat it was) when having the lead with 5 minutes to play. We have at least 3 losses a season where we lead with 5 to play.

I have watched almost every game he has played and can confirm Josh Gasser has never committed a foul.

Bourbon and Basketball...Kentucky has it all.

Road tripped to Louisville a few years ago with some friends, and one day we made a day trip to the Maker's Mark distillery out in the country. Beautiful drive. On the way back to town we played a little drinking game where you drink every time you see either a Camaro / Trans Am or a BVM on the halfshell. We were pretty f-ed up by the time we got back to Louisville. Good times.

Road tripped to Louisville a few years ago with some friends, and one day we made a day trip to the Maker's Mark distillery out in the country. Beautiful drive. On the way back to town we played a little drinking game where you drink every time you see either a Camaro / Trans Am or a BVM on the halfshell. We were pretty f-ed up by the time we got back to Louisville. Good times.

You're a good man!

Be prepared for some tweets from the Huggins' girls about how the Wildcats maybe raped the Mountaineers.

Yep, this guy gets paid to talk about sports.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm struggling. I want to cheer for Macura, but I need to cheer for the best chance for Wisconsin to lose.

Won't matter. Neither Arizona or Xavier will beat Wisconsin, so pull for Macura and X.

I'm having a hard time believing this huge #40 thing for Xavier is a college aged kid. He looks like a guy in his late twenties who you'd see jogging at the YMCA.

I'm having a hard time believing this huge #40 thing for Xavier is a college aged kid. He looks like a guy in his late twenties who you'd see jogging at the YMCA.

Looks like a cab driver to me. :)

Top Bottom