AD & Coach to Meet Tuesday

I will be disappointed if Claeys is fired. Coyle is not trustworthy.
Regarding PJ: He worked with the Gopher coaches. Nobody's has been fired at this point. You really think PJ would listen to anything Coyle said now or likely ever? Whose opinion is going to carry more weight? Coyle's words or his fraternity brothers? I see no way PJ considers Minnesota. That would be really slimey. Jmo
I know nothing about their relationship, but having worked with each other in the past means absolutely zero in terms of future job prospects.

You would turn down a much better job because the guy who used to hold the job you worked with for 2 years when you were 29?

Because legally he couldn't say anything. Do you really think Coyle can talk about players being expelled and suspended from the university to other players? No. Again, what do you want him to say?

Have to give you credit. Stick to the story regardless of anything.

Just admit there is and was a huge void in leadership from the ad.

More examples of Coyle creating confusion? We shouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys aren't even in town. Sources really don't seem to have a good handle on Coyle and I'm ok with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AD & Coach to Meet Tuesday

These guys aren't even in town. Sources really don't seem to have a good handle on Coyle and I'm ok with that.

Wasn't it Coyle himself who said they were meeting Tuesday tho, not sources?

EDIT: looks like it was 3 people familiar with the situation. Not Coyle, but 3 saying the same thing came from somewhere.

Coyle should be gone before Tuesday. (Did not say he would be gone.) Kill would be a fine AD.

This has always been the burr under my skin,

Coyle could very well could have met with the team prior to the suspensions being announced, explained how the process works and why they are having to be suspended due to EEOA rules without violating any data privacy (if the suspensions were truly out of his control). Then, immediately after this meeting, or during it for that matter, the U press release could have happened. At the same time he could have established expectations for player and staff communication.

This would have violated nothing. Instead, he just simply put out a press release, left his players and coach with no information, and insinuated in his release that Claeys was part of the decision to suspend the players, which is not true.

Working in a similar field, and having to deal with student data, there is much he could have done differently not to paint the "new 5" players in the same light as the previous five. He chose not to.

The fact that the University put out a press release with the group of 10 and announced the decisions the way they did, has always bothered me. It should bother President Kaler and AD Coyle also. A lot more control of information and how this story and scandal played out could have been avoided, even the team boycott could have been preventable with better communication as stated above. This almost seems like a vengeful act by President Kaler to set up this suspension announcement the way he did. He was pissed about it, so he lashed out at the team and the newly suspended for this happening in the first place.

Putting the new five players in the same light as the previous five has really hurt any of those guy's ability's to not be judged guilty by association, and be painted something most of the new group of five is not, directly involved and the cause of the incident.

This is structured like a Trump tweet.
BarnBoy makes the best posts. He can eat Taco Salad at Trump Tower. [emoji12] [emoji14] [emoji12] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji12] [emoji482]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If it was Fleck, we would probably hear some rumblings today. If we don't, can probably put it to rest. I would be SHOCKED if Coyle was able to pull that off and if Fleck wanted to come here.

Wasn't it Coyle himself who said they were meeting Tuesday tho, not sources?

EDIT: looks like it was 3 people familiar with the situation. Not Coyle, but 3 saying the same thing came from somewhere.

Mentioning a specific date might be too clear a message for Coyle.

I don't see the need to ambush the AD or the Prez. They do have restrictions as to what they can say about the matter and just coming out with a bland, meaningless statement would not have improved things. The muck on the wall came from the behavior of September. The process that is in place may need to be reformed, but that is too late for this group of players. I am not convinced that the process is flawed. External lawsuits does not prove this situation is flawed. Bringing or threatening lawsuits does not mean the system is flawed. Quoting the New York post does not mean the U system is flawed.

Leadership may need to be more vocal but that does not equate to Coyle hating Claeys or the team. And, it does not mean that his method is inappropriate as a course of action. It is one method of many. For myself, I would not be in the ear of the press or blogging every ten seconds about it.

I don't see the need to ambush the AD or the Prez. They do have restrictions as to what they can say about the matter and just coming out with a bland, meaningless statement would not have improved things. The muck on the wall came from the behavior of September. The process that is in place may need to be reformed, but that is too late for this group of players. I am not convinced that the process is flawed. External lawsuits does not prove this situation is flawed. Bringing or threatening lawsuits does not mean the system is flawed. Quoting the New York post does not mean the U system is flawed.

Leadership may need to be more vocal but that does not equate to Coyle hating Claeys or the team. And, it does not mean that his method is inappropriate as a course of action. It is one method of many. For myself, I would not be in the ear of the press or blogging every ten seconds about it.

I don't think anyone cares that they didn't say go over the report in detail or such at this point.

More so this is what is going on after all that.

Much of what you say is true. My concern with Coyle is how it wasn't handled internally. He did not lead that process with foresight, or concern for those most directly and indirectly impacted by the suspensions. Without doing anything publicly he could have drastically altered how this all took place had he met with the team prior to announcing the suspensions, answered their questions with what would happen next.... he could have done this without violating any data privacy.

If Kaler, or whoever announced suspensions, did that without Coyle having the opportunity to have this meeting, is who really made the mistake.

No going back now, but hopefully a lot of learning, and now effective work at building relationships within the university and externally.

Any idea on when we will know the outcome of the meeting if the outcome is predetermined? Do you think Coyle has already made a decision with Kaler's backing?

Or does Claeys status truly depend on what is said and done on Tuesday?

Any idea on when we will know the outcome of the meeting if the outcome is predetermined? Do you think Coyle has already made a decision with Kaler's backing?

Or does Claeys status truly depend on what is said and done on Tuesday?

Nobody knows anything on Coyle because as of yet he has shown no desire to ... actually say things.

Any idea on when we will know the outcome of the meeting if the outcome is predetermined? Do you think Coyle has already made a decision with Kaler's backing? ...

Haven't had time to read any of the threads on those subjects huh? You must be very new around here...:horse:

Top Bottom