AD & Coach to Meet Tuesday

The mindset of some of these people boggles me.
We have a chance to take a program that's in decent shape football wise with a chance to improve it a notch with a proven winner, what's not to like about that?

It would be nice to hire a coach off of a decent season football-wise instead of always needing a full-blown turnaround.

A proven winner eh? Who is that and what is his record over the last decade in a major conference?

He is not going to be fired! No AD has ever set up a meeting for next week to meet with the coach and then be fired! They always just fire them!

You really are a tool. You proved nothing in the Beth thread although others proved you wrong. You prove over and over on this board that you see/hear what you want to. Your hatred for TC controls you dude. Did he insult a cold front or something?

Please show me where I asked for 2 or 3.

Finally, and this is the frosting on the cake - your argument is that Coyle is a good boss because some of his employees have said so. Yeah, that makes sense. Everyone always tells others exactly what they think of their boss. Trust me GWG - if your employees say they like you, they really don't.

Really? Because when I asked for direct quotes you or no one else had any. Everything I said was backed up by fact. Nothing you've said has been backed up by anything.

You asked for 2 and 3 by saying Coyle didn't show leadership by not saying anything. He couldn't say anything legally and the suspensions didn't come from him. It's not difficult to understand.

I don't hate Claeys, never have and never will. I think he's a very good defensive coach, but that doesn't make him a good head coach that can run a highly successful program for a long time.

But go ahead and resort to personal shots at me, like you've done to me and others in the past when you're proven wrong.

Really? Because when I asked for direct quotes you or no one else had any. Everything I said was backed up by fact. Nothing you've said has been backed up by anything.

You asked for 2 and 3 by saying Coyle didn't show leadership by not saying anything. He couldn't say anything legally and the suspensions didn't come from him. It's not difficult to understand.

I don't hate Claeys, never have and never will. I think he's a very good defensive coach, but that doesn't make him a good head coach that can run a highly successful program for a long time.

But go ahead and resort to personal shots at me, like you've done to me and others in the past when you're proven wrong.

I don't even think you believe this nonsense. Stick to recruiting rankings and your wonderful theory on how this is TC's 5th year and that he is responsible for our QB situation. As looney as those are, they are more accurate than what you just posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even think you believe this nonsense. Stick to recruiting rankings and your wonderful theory on how this is TC's 5th year and that he is responsible for our QB situation. As looney as those are, they are more accurate than what you just posted.

Then back it up with a fact that proves me wrong. Yet you can't.

Then back it up with a fact that proves me wrong. Yet you can't.

Facts for what? Want me to prove this wasn't TC's 5th year or that he didn't recruit our QBs this year? Want me to prove all you need to forecast the weather is an Internet connection or data plan? How should I prove to you Coyle is a bad leader? Prove to me he isn't. You are so silly.

OMG!!! Another pissing match on GH!!!
What a novel concept!!!

Put some pop-rocks on your lip gloss...

515506468b20244403c5c0269ae17703.jpg

Facts for what? Want me to prove this wasn't TC's 5th year or that he didn't recruit our QBs this year? Want me to prove all you need to forecast the weather is an Internet connection or data plan? How should I prove to you Coyle is a bad leader? Prove to me he isn't. You are so silly.

No, I've been talking about Coyle the whole time. You keep trying to bring up other things because you're wrong about Coyle. I already proved to you he, or any other AD couldn't do anything different in this situation.

The bolded is true though. ;)

No, I've been talking about Coyle the whole time. You keep trying to bring up other things because you're wrong about Coyle. I already proved to you he, or any other AD couldn't do anything different in this situation.

He could do a lot of things differently beginning with providing leadership. Absolute disaster.

Not sure @Hugeshow is a reliable source (he's verified FWIW), but he had this tweet a few hours ago-

Source with Minnesota connections says there may be some interest from both sides in PJ Fleck taking over the Golden Gophers program.

He could do a lot of things differently beginning with providing leadership. Absolute disaster.

Once again, how so? He cannot say anything to the team/publicly about players being expelled or suspended from school. That's out of his control, and that's why they couldn't play.

Once again, how so? He cannot say anything to the team/publicly about players being expelled or suspended from school. That's out of his control, and that's why they couldn't play.

L. E. A. D. M. A. N. A. G. E.

The entire situation is a mess and that is largely due to Coyle and kaler

Not sure @Hugeshow is a reliable source (he's verified FWIW), but he had this tweet a few hours ago-

Source with Minnesota connections says there may be some interest from both sides in PJ Fleck taking over the Golden Gophers program.

Looks like a Michigan media guy. Interesting to hear that from the other side.

No it's entirely due to Kaler. Coyle could do nothing.

If Coyle can do nothing and is being paid as the ad that is a huge issue. I think you need to consider what he could and should have done differently as the ad.

Leadership is a tough thing at times. Coyle had many opportunities to lead. And failed.

I also think MC and EK completely botched this and provided zero leadership. Which is what made a very despicable situation a national spectacle. They clearly had to know most of what transpired that night when the criminal investigation took place. If they wanted to be tough on the situation, then was the time to do so. Instead, they wait until the EOAA report comes out and seem completely caught off guard. Zero direction or leadership. They had months to prepare for this. They either directly lied about how things transpired during the boycott situation or selfishly spun things to their personal benefit. I can't say exactly who is specifically responsible for what. But both have come off as self serving, weak players in a situation they allowed to spin out of control.

I also think MC and EK completely botched this and provided zero leadership. Which is what made a very despicable situation a national spectacle. They clearly had to know most of what transpired that night when the criminal investigation took place. If they wanted to be tough on the situation, then was the time to do so. Instead, they wait until the EOAA report comes out and seem completely caught off guard. Zero direction or leadership. They had months to prepare for this. They either directly lied about how things transpired during the boycott situation or selfishly spun things to their personal benefit. I can't say exactly who is specifically responsible for what. But both have come off as self serving, weak players in a situation they allowed to spin out of control.

Well stated.

Again, go read the cover letter of the leaked EOAA report. The expulsions/suspensions came from Sharon Dzik - Director of the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity. Only Kaler would have a say in that. Your gripe is with Kaler not Coyle. Coyle cannot comment on any of that due to privacy laws. It's possible he didn't even know where the suspensions came from due to privacy laws.

Fleck is fun to discuss on a message board, but it won't happen. What good coach will come here with this leadership in place?

I have a hard time believing Claeys would be fired at a meeting we all know about. That would be the worst telegraphing in the history of sports. If he was going to be fired, it would have happened shortly after the bowl game. The "expectations" term was used to appease the people who want Claeys fired.

Again, go read the cover letter of the leaked EOAA report. The expulsions/suspensions came from Sharon Dzik - Director of the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity. Only Kaler would have a say in that. Your gripe is with Kaler not Coyle. Coyle cannot comment on any of that due to privacy laws. It's possible he didn't even know where the suspensions came from due to privacy laws.

Again, what could and should have been done differently by the ad when dealing with the main athletic program under his control???

Do you honestly believe Coyle did his job well in this situation? Open you mind.

Again, what could and should have been done differently by the ad when dealing with the main athletic program under his control???

Do you honestly believe Coyle did his job well in this situation? Open you mind.

Have you read anything I posted? He literally couldn't say anything legally. Open your mind.

Have you read anything I posted? He literally couldn't say anything legally. Open your mind.

Last time I checked leading and managing does not require one to make a legal public statement.

You simply don't want to acknowledge the leadership void in this entire situation.

The fact that he didn't see the player reaction coming is a bit concerning. He could've head it off by meeting with them and explaining what he legally could and what the process would be and then listening. Two regents did and it seemed to make a difference.

I haven't seen a plausible reason for either the AD or the President be accosted on this board or anywhere else for doing what is right and correct in this ungodly affair, emphasis on ungodly.

I haven't seen a plausible reason for either the AD or the President be accosted on this board or anywhere else for doing what is right and correct in this ungodly affair, emphasis on ungodly.

Coyle lied when he said Claeys was involved in the decision to suspend the 10 players. That lie is worse than anything Tracy has done in this whole affair.

The fact that he didn't see the player reaction coming is a bit concerning. He could've head it off by meeting with them and explaining what he legally could and what the process would be and then listening. Two regents did and it seemed to make a difference.

Exactly. Glad you're alive!

The fact that he didn't see the player reaction coming is a bit concerning. <b>He could've head it off by meeting with them and explaining what he legally could and what the process would be and then listening. </b>Two regents did and it seemed to make a difference.

Not only did he not do that, the players have said the way he handled the meeting they did have is WHY they boycotted.

It seems to me that much of this mess could have been eliminated by a simple meeting. If President Kaler and Director of Athletics Coyle would have met with the team and coaching staff, it might have gone something like this:

(Either Kaler or Coyle): "Guys, there's an investigation going on now, in regard to an event that occurred the night of our first football game. Even though the county attorney has said there's not enough evidence to charge your teammates, the University's Code of Conduct isn't as constraining, and there might be some discipline involved.

"We're not sure what might come of this, but some of the possibilities include expulsion, suspension and probation.

"We'll be happy to answer any questions that we can, but please understand that by law, there are some things that we just can't address with you, due to privacy concerns."

On Tuesday afternoon, it would be good to see another meeting (presser), with Kaler, Coyle and Claeys in front of the assembled media. Again, it might go something like this:

(Either Kaler or Coyle): "We realize that mistakes were made on many levels in regard to this situation, and are determined to not let similar mistakes happen again.

"We are extending Coach Claeys' contract for three years. We feel that he and his staff are best positioned to not only coach our student-athletes, but also to work with University administration to continue to teach our student-athletes and help them make intercollegiate athletics a source of pride, not only in and around the University, but throughout the great state of Minnesota. We look forward to making this happen."

Oops. Guess this was already mentioned. That's what I get for watching OSU-Clemson as I try to write a post on GH.

Top Bottom