4 STAR '16 LB Carter Coughlin announced that he's chosen the #GOPHERS!!!!!

I imagine you aren't paying for your kids college then.

Why would I not pay for it?

Are you dictating where your children go to college based on money? North Hennipen Community College so you can save a couple bucks?

Sure I'll guide them. And that guidance will be along the lines, college is the best time of your life where you will make lifelong friends,connections, and memories.

I think the guidance will be good wherever is the best fit for you and aligned with whatever you want to study. Not what's best for my pocket book or closest to our home.

In fact, since I live in Louisville my guidance will be: you should really consider going out of state. In fact, that might be the only way I cover it.

Well, thats a bit of a stretch. But, I do think RK reflects values and attitude that other parents appreciate. Whether or not its a "girlfriend" thing, its genuine and therefore comforting. I think Jerry and Rebecca make a pretty compelling recruit team. She's good and and adds value to the equation.

I wasn't saying that Rebecca was the reason he chose the Gophers. I was just saying it doesn't hurt for his Mom to say nice things about Rebecca. After all, he did say he was conflicted up until the end.

Are you dictating where your children go to college based on money? North Hennipen Community College so you can save a couple bucks?

Sure I'll guide them. And that guidance will be along the lines, college is the best time of your life where you will make lifelong friends,connections, and memories.

I think the guidance will be good wherever is the best fit for you and aligned with whatever you want to study. Not what's best for my pocket book or closest to our home.

In fact, since I live in Louisville my guidance will be: you should really consider going out of state. In fact, that might be the only way I cover it.

Ah, so the decision actually won't be "up to the kid and the kid alone".

"Ah, so the decision actually won't be "up to the kid and the kid alone"."

How do you figure it's not? They can still go to eastern Kentucky. They just will need scholarships or loans to cover it.

I think I'd save the money for grad school, as they'd probably need it.

So you will leave the decision 100% up to them - other than your "guidance", "suggestions", and punitive damages you will implement on some possible choices. Got it. We can't all be as clear cut as you [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you will leave the decision 100% up to them - other than your "guidance", "suggestions", and punitive damages you will implement on some possible choices. Got it. We can't all be as clear cut as you [emoji6]

Yup. Go whever you want. Choice is yours regardless of price. I'll even pay for all of it, unless you chose Universoty of Phoenix or something in that range - you're still free to do that - I'm just not paying for Kentucky State. Only thing I insist on is we go around and look at a number of different schools. You chose those schools you want to visit and I'll pay for that as well.

Pretty stringent guidance. Go to the best school for you and don't worry where your girl friend or high school buddies are going or what is cheapest/best deal. If that's fuzzy to you then so be it.

I can't imagine dictating or even being able to dictate where my kid shoot school especially if they had100% full rides.

Go to the best school for you and don't worry where your girl friend or high school buddies are going or what is cheapest/best deal.

So is it or isn't 100% their choice? Yes, based on your responses it is very fuzzy to me.

Carter Coughlin is going to attend the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. The Athletic Department is paying for it. I am seriously impressed with Carter and the continuing improvement in recruiting that JK and his team are bringing.

Can't we all just be glad he's playing for us?... The whys & hows are just semantics. We are building the core of a potentially monster recruiting class. Let's keep it rolling!

What else do you suggest we discuss? Please suggest a topic.

How excited we are. What carter will bring to the team. How his signing will impact other potential recruits. Which LB position will he best suited to play... You know, football related things.

How excited we are. What carter will bring to the team. How his signing will impact other potential recruits. Which LB position will he best suited to play... You know, football related things.

But I was so looking forward to the conclusion about how anonymous posters on a message board would handle paying for their theoretical children's college tuition! I guess we should get back to discussing the biggest recruiting victory in over a decade (hands in pockets, kicking dirt around).

But I was so looking forward to the conclusion about how anonymous posters on a message board would handle paying for their theoretical children's college tuition! I guess we should get back to discussing the biggest recruiting victory in over a decade (hands in pockets, kicking dirt around).

Why would we talk about Jeff Jones in this thread?

Why would we talk about Jeff Jones in this thread?

Jeff Jones is the biggest recruit we have had in over a decade. CC is our "biggest recruiting victory" in over a decade i.e. toughest competition that we have beaten for a recruit.

Jeff Jones is the biggest recruit we have had in over a decade. CC is our "biggest recruiting victory" in over a decade i.e. toughest competition that we have beaten for a recruit.

Hageman and Pirsig (at least) had offer lists at least as good as Coughlin.

Maybe but keep in mind CC turned down Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Stanford and Michigan as he was set on his top 3 which were the two national title game participants. Were Hageman and Pirsig's OSU, Florida Michigan and Auburn offers committable? I don't remember. They may have been but CC is a guy that OSU and Oregon definitely wanted, not just one that they threw out there.

Anyways you may be right and the decade thing might be an overstatement which didn't even originate from my post but my point was that he was a definitely a bigger victory than Jeff and that biggest "get" and biggest "recruiting victory" can be two different things.

When your final 3 includes the two participants in the National Title Game, I don't see how the "at least" could be accurate....but whatever. CC, JJ, Hageman and Pirsig were all great battles that we won. Now, can we please get back to the right way to guide your child to college!

When your final 3 includes the two participants in the National Title Game, I don't see how the "at least" could be accurate....but whatever. CC, JJ, Hageman and Pirsig were all great battles that we won. Now, can we please get back to the right way to guide your child to college!

If I know I'm going to be a gopher and have offers from the two teams from the National Championship game, I put them in my final three just for the drama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I know I'm going to be a gopher and have offers from the two teams from the National Championship game, I put them in my final three just for the drama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your not suggesting thats what Carter did, are you?

Top Bottom