4 STAR '16 LB Carter Coughlin announced that he's chosen the #GOPHERS!!!!!

GopherLady

Reaction score
Per Joe:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HUGE get for the #Gophers!!!!!!!

Huge, huge, huge. Defense wins championships. With Coughlin committing early this could lead to more in-state kids picking the Gophers in this stacked 2016 class.

With Seth Green going to Allen we can say we know have landed the top two players in the state. Garcia, Coughlin and also Tyler Johnson of Minneapolis North are the types of guys we need to get to a defense of MSU's caliber.

stpid gif wont attach!!!

Attachments

• 9df.jpg
    9df.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 82

Also important to note that Carter turned down Notre Dame, Stanford, USC and UCLA as he was set on those top 3 according to Burns.

Ain't nobody gonna stop us now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also important to note that Carter turned down Notre Dame, Stanford, USC and UCLA as he was set on those top 3 according to Burns.

Isn't there like a running joke about Northern Michigan or some other directional and Jerry Kill recruiting?

I will say that this is a huge get for Kill and company. The Gophers went head to head with OSU and Oregon on this one and came out on top. I can't wait until they break ground on the new practice facility. It will only make Coach Kill and his staff's job that much easier.

Great precedent to start here.... Beyond getting the top prospect in MN or a legacy kid, IT feels great to be in spring practice mode and already feel we 'beat' ohio state (even though its off the field we gotta start somewhere).

Congrats to all parties involved and GO GOPHERS!!!

Woot Woot

Per Joe:

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; display: block; position: static; visibility: visible; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="210"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HUGE get for the #Gophers!!!!!!!

GetCarter.jpg

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Sure helps a lot with Spielman having CC along with Cashman. Hopefully Barber commits soon.

lol

Please stay committed. Please stay committed. Please stay committed.

Please stay committed. Please stay committed. Please stay committed.

If we can beat out OSU and Oregon for a guy that they actually wanted than we can beat out anybody for him. Wouldn't be worried at all if Bama or somebody offered him. Of course I'd bet Meyer won't stop recruiting him of course but I doubt he flips.

Didnt Carter Say he would commit and shut down his recruitment? I doubt he flips. I think his whole reason for committing early was so he wouldnt be harassed constantly.

Great news. I can't remember the last time the Gophers landed two in state kids (or actually kids from anywhere) with the reputations of Garcia and Coughlin this early in the process. Great decision Carter!

Top Bottom