2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Ah yes, the arbiter of what is 100% true and good in Big Ten Basketball...Fansided blog, Bracketbuster.com. The most respected analysts in the college basketball realm. I'm surprised you don't write for them howeda.
Also this article was written before Caleb Love decommitted from Michigan. Maryland has also since lost a potential starter and brought in a player who had 10 points and 11 fouls last season.

Also this article was written before Caleb Love decommitted from Michigan. Maryland has also since lost a potential starter and brought in a player who had 10 points and 11 fouls last season.
Why are these teams wasting scholarships? I thought only low rung teams like us did that?

If Ben doesn't pursue Spencer, he should be fired. He's a perfect fit, and would immediately be our best guard.
And we have almost no chance of signing him. He's going to be looking for a high potential team. We don't qualify.

Trilly is hinting at a DMV school, so that could be Georgetown, Maryland, or Virginia. Terps or Cavaliers would make the most sense.

Not sarcastic, but does Virginia take grad transfers? I'm not familiar with any. They are a "culture" program and the idea of a one year guy doesn't seem like an automatic in that scenario.

Not sarcastic, but does Virginia take grad transfers? I'm not familiar with any. They are a "culture" program and the idea of a one year guy doesn't seem like an automatic in that scenario.
Don’t know if they do or not. UVa has already added a scoring guard (Andrew Rohde), thought maybe they could use another that can shoot it.

Grads are free to transfer anytime they want.
In a sport like basketball where losing even one great player that you thought was safe to come back next year, suddenly in mid to late May, can completely change your roster and give you next to no time to try to find a replacement .... the who window concept is nullified.

Grads need to have to conform to the window deadlines. They're only deadlines for entering, anyway. You can then negotiate and find a new school/team the whole summer.

Go Hoyas

Minnesota lost Battle, Cooper, and Henley.
Michigan lost Dickinson, Love, Bufkin, and Howard.

Michigan has had the worst offseason for any P6 team so far, and I stand by the comment.

Minnesota lost Battle, Cooper, and Henley.
Michigan lost Dickinson, Love, Bufkin, and Howard.

Michigan has had the worst offseason for any P6 team so far, and I stand by the comment.
For a team that was underperforming already.

And they also had a 5 star ask out of his NLI, too.

Top Bottom