2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

You might be correct! But, ironically, its only because both of you are actually wrong

Turns out D1 as a whole is currently shooting 71.4% from the FT line, which would be 3rd best all time and only 0.3% off the record. Each of the last two seasons have seen a 71.7% FT average.

This season is also the second oldest in the Kenpom database, roughly on par with the 2022 season and trailing only 2023 in terms of total experience.

So it turns out that, recently at least, FT percentage and total player experience have trended quite closely. But they've both moved in the opposite direction than you may have guessed
I’m used to being wrong. Getting quite comfortable with it and grateful many times too.

I only saw the score. Wow. Colorado State is in a free fall in conference play. What is going on?
Kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum, Utah State wins in OT against Boise on the road last night.
Mentioned this before, but these are the scores the Aggies win by this year
Just beat Boise in OT 90-84
Beat UNLV 87-86
Beat CSU 77-72
Beat San Fran 54-53
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat Saint Louis 81-76
Beat Akron 65-62
One of their 2 losses was to Bradley in OT
Sprinkle has to have some leprechaun lineage.

Kind of on the opposite side of the spectrum, Utah State wins in OT against Boise on the road last night.
Beat UNLV 87-86
Beat CSU 77-72
Beat San Fran 54-53
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat Saint Louis 81-76
Beat Akron 65-62
I watched the Bradley-Indiana State game yesterday. Those two along with Drake are solid, and kind of a shame it's a one-bid league as there is some talent on all three of those teams.

Beat UNLV 87-86
Beat CSU 77-72
Beat San Fran 54-53
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat Saint Louis 81-76
Beat Akron 65-62
Vikings of 22?

While Brando and Ellis declare Purdue is a national title contender I continue to be unimpressed with everyone on their roster aside from edey.

I watched the Bradley-Indiana State game yesterday. Those two along with Drake are solid, and kind of a shame it's a one-bid league as there is some talent on all three of those teams.
Yeah Wardle has had some nice seasons, but because of being in one bid leagues like you said, only been to the tournament once.

There's a possibility that they get an at large bid if these top three continue to only lose to one another.

Sundance wicks seems like a hell of a coach from what I've seen. Would be interesting if he got offered Minnesotas job after Ben Johnson gets let go. Not sure if minnesota is an upgrade from what Green Bay is
Fun fact, Wicks & Dennis Gates were on the same staff for a couple years at Northern Illinois under Ricardo Patton.

Probably going to get into the tournament in his 3rd year gone from here. Same as Tubby did at Texas Tech.
There is still time for a major injury, discipline problem, or general collapse in a very competitive conference. There are enough good teams in the MW that a good team could easily drop several in a row, especially on the road, and see their season spiral downward. I like their post season chances but I would not call them lock yet.

There is still time for a major injury, discipline problem, or general collapse in a very competitive conference. There are enough good teams in the MW that a good team could easily drop several in a row, especially on the road, and see their season spiral downward. I like their post season chances but I would not call them lock yet.
Well said.

I think UNM makes the NCAA Tournament, but agree it's not a lock. Lobos schedule is back-loaded with the toughest MW opponents on the road, and they have a similar history (like the Gophers) of being a homecourt hero (great at home, suck on the road). Colorado State is the only one of the MW big boys New Mexico has played on the road. They still have:

Feb. 13: @ Nevada
Feb. 16: @ San Diego State
March 2: @ Boise State
March 9: @ Utah State

Not to mention Wyoming (Feb. 6), which already beat Colorado State & Nevada in Laramie.

Last edited:

True. The margin of victory is impressive in their 5 game win streak.
San Diego State by 18
Utah State by 13
Air Force by 19
San Jose by 20
Nevada by 34

Indiana currently imploding at home, lost a 17 point lead, now Iowa up by three

Miles San Jose State team looks like it's going to lose to Utah State. Will make them 3-11 in the last 14 games. Osobor with 18 free throws for Utah State. Aggies answer to Embid.

Edit: Osobor finishes with 19 free throws
and Utah State moves to 19-2 with the 82-61 win over San Jose State.

Last edited:

Colorado State close to a big home win against San Diego State. Apparently playing kickball at practice helped them right the ship.

Another item of note is that Niko is playing with five fifth year players. Another data point suggesting he will be coaching elsewhere next year.
Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmm...

Southern Illinois fans have to be pretty salty. Their team is 14-7 but lost Marcus Domask (Illinois) and Lance Jones (Purdue) in the portal. Over 3,200 points at SIU between them. How good could they have been this year?

Southern Illinois fans have to be pretty salty. Their team is 14-7 but lost Marcus Domask (Illinois) and Lance Jones (Purdue) in the portal. Over 3,200 points at SIU between them. How good could they have been this year?
Definitely. There are a handful of teams out there that are similar. Lots of respect for those coaches who find and sign that talent. It's getting harder to keep them.

Top Bottom