2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Things got a little crazy in Ames with people throwing things at the ISU bench.

Quiet here so will throw in some other that doesn't normally surface here. North Teas beat a decent SMU tonight. A no-name to many, Ross Hodge is quietly doing a great job at N. Texas after getting the job when Grant McCasland left for Texas Tech. Texas Tech also doing well, sitting at 1st in B12 over KU and Houston. Yes it's early, but he's shown he can move up. Not sure he's suited for Gophers, but quality job/coaching.

There are plenty of options out there, if Coyle eventually decides to make a move.

They were in good shape in that game and then had a late-game lull.

They've now lost to both St. Mary's and Gonzaga, so an uphill climb for conference contention.

They might be able to win against Gonzaga at home, but I'd be surprised if they were able to win at St. Mary's with how they are playing right now. Also @ Santa Clara will be a tough one too.

Quiet here so will throw in some other that doesn't normally surface here. North Teas beat a decent SMU tonight. A no-name to many, Ross Hodge is quietly doing a great job at N. Texas after getting the job when Grant McCasland left for Texas Tech. Texas Tech also doing well, sitting at 1st in B12 over KU and Houston. Yes it's early, but he's shown he can move up. Not sure he's suited for Gophers, but quality job/coaching.

There are plenty of options out there, if Coyle eventually decides to make a move.
Here's some I like, my friend, along with Hodge. No particular order.
Josh Schertz
Amir Abdur-Rahim
Sundance Wicks
Danny Sprinkle

Here's some I like, my friend, along with Hodge. No particular order.
Josh Schertz
Amir Abdur-Rahim
Sundance Wicks
Danny Sprinkle
Nice list not commonly mentioned. Wicks has worked for some solid coaches along the way. Really like Schertz also. Sprinkle may stay out west.

He could be great but, if they're going to fire Johnson, I'd rather see them get a coach with a longer track record of success at lower levels. North Texas was pretty darn good last year and probably returns a number of players from an NIT champ (although not their best player who transferred elsewhere). Also, lots of coaches can have one good year. It's the ones who have multiple years that we should be interested in hiring if Johnson is fired.

Wisconsin takes down MSU. MSU has good predictive metrics, but their resume isn't all that great. Still probably in the field at this point, but they gotta pick it up some. Gophers could provide them a crucial loss in the next week.

Last edited:

Wisconsin takes down MSU. Wisconsin has good predictive metrics, but their resume isn't all that great. Still probably in the field at this point, but they gotta pick it up some. Gophers could provide them a crucial loss in the next week.
You mean MSU?

Sundance and PJ in the same room would be electric.
Sundance wicks seems like a hell of a coach from what I've seen. Would be interesting if he got offered Minnesotas job after Ben Johnson gets let go. Not sure if minnesota is an upgrade from what Green Bay is

Sundance wicks seems like a hell of a coach from what I've seen. Would be interesting if he got offered Minnesotas job after Ben Johnson gets let go. Not sure if minnesota is an upgrade from what Green Bay is
There might be a riot by the GH crew if he got hired.

BIG games today
Nebraska @ Maryland
Indiana @ Illinois
Iowa @ Michigan
Gophers @ Penn State
Ohio State @ Northwestern

C'mon juwan. Win this one and hopefully lull people to think you are worth keeping. Oh and beat whyowa.

Top Bottom