2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Coaches needing a change of scenery: (a few days of 40 below wind chill can be refreshing).

Eric Musselman
Mark Few
Chris Holtmann

I could do without 5 minute reviews by Big Ten officials on box outs or common fouls. And this game had 3 of them. PSU got whatever they wanted against UW with Klesmit getting called for 5 fouls but probably only committing one. I think there was a stretch in the second half with about 6 minutes left where Penn State scored on every possession or got a whistle on their misses. It was crazy. Sometimes when you see a team get that kind of home cooking from the refs, you question why it feels like your team doesn't get it that good haha.

I'm guessing the Big Ten champ will have 4 losses this year.

I could do without 5 minute reviews by Big Ten officials on box outs or common fouls. And this game had 3 of them. PSU got whatever they wanted against UW with Klesmit getting called for 5 fouls but probably only committing one. I think there was a stretch in the second half with about 6 minutes left where Penn State scored on every possession or got a whistle on their misses. It was crazy. Sometimes when you see a team get that kind of home cooking from the refs, you question why it feels like your team doesn't get it that good haha.

I'm guessing the Big Ten champ will have 4 losses this year.
Also watched quite a bit of this game. Agree PSU got a lot of calls. They beat the Badgers with defense and intensity, and their guard play was superior. Only 5 turnovers for PSU vs I believe 13 for WI. Their D also bothered WI’s shooting. PSU is not an easy out for the Gophers (or anybody) now.

I’m laughing at the UW fans blaming the refs for the game. Wisconsin gave up over 53% on FGs and ended up shooting more free throws than PSU. They also turned the ball over more than usual.
The pack-line defense has always been about clutching and grabbing and horseshit charge calls. When you have quicker PSU guards running around you all night, they’re going to foul.

Also watched quite a bit of this game. Agree PSU got a lot of calls. They beat the Badgers with defense and intensity, and their guard play was superior. Only 5 turnovers for PSU vs I believe 13 for WI. Their D also bothered WI’s shooting. PSU is not an easy out for the Gophers (or anybody) now.
That cavern that PSU plays in can lure you to sleep too.

Rutgers takes down Nebraska 87-82 in overtime. It’s tough on the road.

If Mn would be called for the non stop fouls that they called on Nebby the last 5 minutes of regulation and ot, this board would've exploded.

The 4 1-loss teams in the Summit League are back at it tonight:

St. Thomas (3-1) @ South Dakota (USD is the only SL program Tommies have yet to beat)
Omaha (3-1) @ South Dakota State (2-1)
Denver (2-1) @ North Dakota State

Tommies have the first of their two byes this weekend.

Last edited:

I’m laughing at the UW fans blaming the refs for the game. Wisconsin gave up over 53% on FGs and ended up shooting more free throws than PSU. They also turned the ball over more than usual.
The pack-line defense has always been about clutching and grabbing and horseshit charge calls. When you have quicker PSU guards running around you all night, they’re going to foul.
Gotta say this is a bit ironic now after the MSU game last night.

Gophers shot more free throws and turned it over an obnoxious amount and twitter would lead you to believe the refs committed war crimes against the Gophs.

Now I didnt see the Bucky game and missed first half of yesterdays game. So I am not comparing the actual reffing between the two.

But the comp in all of basketball will be every fanbase thinks the refs suck whether justified or not.

It's strange that Indiana isn't getting their usual uncontested dunks and alley-oops. I thought that was their game. They made basketball look easy against that one other team they played.

Top Bottom