2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Entertaining morning sessions

2 BE games were absolute anarchy. Texas hit a buzzer beater over Baylor.

Missouri loses at home to Florida to fall to 0-5 in the SEC. Tied with Vandy for last place.

San Francisco gets rolled by St. Mary's at home. Drops to 63 in KenPom, 54 in the NET. Have Gonzaga up next.

Fantastic. Never give up. It's never over until it's over.

I've heard tell of Bo Ryan's borderline obsession with practicing late game situations, some of them desperate situations. He'd concoct some scenario and discuss with the team what they would do in such a scenario and then practice the solution. And they did this a lot. If I coached, I'd show my team this video (and others like it) just to get them in the "it's never over" mindset. Always be thinking of what we need to do to win this game, even if you're down 20 points with 10 minutes left--like Missouri was down to us and they just kept playing and not giving up.

Iowa State beat TCU yesterday on the road without Lipsey. Cyclones turned them over……27 times!!

Holloman and Mich St. playing really well first 10 minutes at Maryland up 29-15
He has 10 on 4 of 4 shooting

Big loss for Green Bay yesterday at Northern Kentucky. Didn't score 40 points until about 5 minutes left. 74-52 beating. Big game coming up with Oakland at home on Thursday. Will see if the Sundance kids can bounce back.

Danny Sprinkle gets Utah State to 17 wins with a 83-62 victory over Fresno State.

Anthony Grant has Dayton on a 12 game win streak. Beat Rhode Island yesterday 94-62

Some people on here just might have their dreams come true as host Arkansas falls to South Carolina 77-64. Now lost 4 of the last 5 and go on the road @ Ole Miss

Will Wade has turned McNeese State around 180 degrees. 11 straight seasons of losing and now they sit at 16-2 after yesterday's 80-66 win over Incarnate Word.

Amir Abdur-Rahim South Florida Bulls have won 8 out of the last 9 with the big upset at Memphis a few days ago.

Last edited:

Go Gophers!!
They won't be a 1 this year. Truth be told I'm not sure they will be a 2. The Big 12 is very deep this year with the additions, coupled with the fact that KU is not all that deep. They lost a lot, like others via the portal.

It took some time, but Holloman is finally coming into his own. He's played and produced a lot of good minutes for MSU. His 3-point shooting has really surprised me. Shooting 41.7% from 3 on the season, 87.5% from the FT line, and averaging over 3 assists per game, all of that coming off the bench.

Not a college game, but the 76ers' Joel Embiid had 70 points and 18 rebounds in a win against the Spurs tonight. The 70 points are a franchise record.

It took some time, but Holloman is finally coming into his own. He's played and produced a lot of good minutes for MSU. His 3-point shooting has really surprised me. Shooting 41.7% from 3 on the season, 87.5% from the FT line, and averaging over 3 assists per game, all of that coming off the bench.
He's given them what they were lacking and needed.

Missouri takes another L. In sole possession of last place in the SEC.

Stoppage less than 30 seconds into the Alabama/Auburn game when some lights in the arena go out.

Top Bottom