2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

That was an awful call. Just awful.
I disagree.

You can see #10 from UNLV, as soon as the shooting motion starts, stare right at the guy he fouled, and crosses his left leg towards the lane, and is moving and is impeding the offensive players movement.

Wow! You see that Oklahoma State @ Iowa State score? (Didn’t watch it. Just looking at the box score.) Final was 66-42
At the half it was 37-26
Cyclones turned the Cowboys over 20 times.

MWC might be a 6 bid league. Wow. First year HC Danny Sprinkle is killing it at Utah State. Pitino picked up a massive win in their quest towards a bid. Doubt it'll be when it's all said and done, but 5 looks like a strong possibility.

Finally got a chance to see Purdue in action some yesterday. When that team is clicking on all cylinders it is impressive to watch. And it is comical just how much bigger Edey is than nearly eveyrone else on the court.

Finally got a chance to see Purdue in action some yesterday. When that team is clicking on all cylinders it is impressive to watch. And it is comical just how much bigger Edey is than nearly eveyrone else on the court.
Is it an optical illusion or does he actually dunk with his feet on the floor? 🤔

Is it an optical illusion or does he actually dunk with his feet on the floor? 🤔
I mean he just barely has to jump...he is listed at 7'4" 300 lbs.....not sure how any college team is really supposed to stop that when he is locked in. Have to hope he gets in foul trouble to really have a shot against them.

No, you must be confused. I was told by some overconfident boors on this board that Maryland wasn't a good team.

Some posters have agendas. Our wins don't matter because they are against bad teams.....and our losses are bad because we only play bad teams.

Just can't win with some people who've already made up their minds.

I said it in the Maryland game thread and I’ll say it again. I’m happy we get them only once early and at home. That’s a “W” that will marinate.

Agreed. After three lopsided losses last season, that was the win so far that pleased me the most.

Some posters have agendas. Our wins don't matter because they are against bad teams.....and our losses are bad because we only play bad teams.

Just can't win with some people who've already made up their minds.

Yes, much of it is due to agendas but part of it is due to foolish black and white thinking and thinking in terms of certainty rather than probability. I don't think some of these people understand that if you have a 40% chance of winning, that really isn't such a bad chance.

Down goes Illinois at home.to Maryland.

B10 has a lot of parity...
Pitino's best team (Top-15 and labeled a Final Four contender by national announcers) went downhill when Lynch was investigated & booted out.

Tubby's NCAA team that returned everyone floundered. It was demoralizing when White & Mbakwe got booted out.

Illinois might be demoralized.

Yeah I think Danny Sprinkle can bring it on the coaching side, similar to when he played. Pretty good player…..
Wow, look at the scores of some of these wins.
Beat Akron 65-62
Beat St Louis 81-76
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat San Francisco 54-53
Beat Colorado State 77-72
Beat UNLV 87-86
Some kind of horse shoe lodged somewhere in his person?

Ohio State at Michigan starts at 11:00
Wolverines with 5 straight losses and Buckeyes with 2 in a row
McDaniel can play in this one since it is a home game? Is that correct?

Beat Akron 65-62
Beat St Louis 81-76
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat San Francisco 54-53
Beat UNLV 87-86
Osobor has been quite a find, and he’s mixed him with a bunch of others who can really play. This is another reason college hoops and especially march madness (including the conf tourneys) are my favorite. Plenty of talent to go around….

Beat Akron 65-62
Beat St Louis 81-76
Beat Santa Clara 84-82
Beat San Francisco 54-53
Beat UNLV 87-86

That's quite a record. Whether the opponent is really good, pretty good, or mediocre the margin is about the same. They don't let their fans get too comfortable.

The refs can try to explain it anyway they want to but the worst call in the history of basketball just took place in the Ohio State Michigan game. Michigan defender was just standing there, not in his space as they keep saying, and the Ohio State guy whips his elbow through forward into his nose and knock him to the ground. The call a foul on Michigan and don’t turn it into a flagrant on Ohio State. What a fucking joke.

Top Bottom