2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Wisconsin guts out a win, now holds road wins against Michigan State and Ohio State, and I wonder if they're the favorite to win the conference now. Purdue has 2 losses, Illinois only has 1, but not sure if Terrance Shannon is ever coming back, and Wisconsin only plays Illinois once, and it's in Madison.

If you are referring to the basket interference none call, that was a badly missed call. These referees are very experienced. There is no excuse at this level! I’m sure their evaluation was downgraded by their supervisor because of that missed call, which can impact later assignments.
The "explanation" they gave the announcer was BS as well that if the rim is back in its regular position and doesn't affect the shot it's play on. That rim obviously was still snapping.

The "explanation" they gave the announcer was BS as well that if the rim is back in its regular position and doesn't affect the shot it's play on. That rim obviously was still snapping.
That’s what I saw too. The rim was moving back up when the ball landed on it, causing the ball to bounce higher than it would have on a stable rim.

Wisconsin guts out a win, now holds road wins against Michigan State and Ohio State, and I wonder if they're the favorite to win the conference now. Purdue has 2 losses, Illinois only has 1, but not sure if Terrance Shannon is ever coming back, and Wisconsin only plays Illinois once, and it's in Madison.
Purdue is the best team in the conference by far, even if the unbalanced schedule possibly prevents them from the regular season title.

Shannon isn’t coming back, unless there is some major breakthrough in his case that makes it go away.

I don’t know the schedule well enough to know if Badgers have a decided advantage or not, but it could work out in their favor. It’s happened before.

Purdue is the best team in the conference by far, even if the unbalanced schedule possibly prevents them from the regular season title.

Shannon isn’t coming back, unless there is some major breakthrough in his case that makes it go away.

I don’t know the schedule well enough to know if Badgers have a decided advantage or not, but it could work out in their favor. It’s happened before.
Challenge accepted. T-rank has UW currently as the 5th hardest overall conference schedule (Purdue is 12th and Illinois 11th; Gophers are 9th hardest). They play Purdue twice, but Illinois only once and in Madison. Where Wisconsin doesn't get a break is that their single plays are home against Illinois, Northwestern, and Maryland, and away against PSU, MN, and Michigan.

If you are referring to the basket interference none call, that was a badly missed call. These referees are very experienced. There is no excuse at this level! I’m sure their evaluation was downgraded by their supervisor because of that missed call, which can impact later assignments.
I suppose those evaluations are kept mostly private or are they available to coaches and/or others?

Good analysis. Too early to declare the field narrowed, but Wisconsin appears to have an inside track, and I still see Purdue as the frontrunner until they no longer are.

I must say that I'm enjoying watching this Michigan v. Maryland game in no small part because of the novelty of it. It's been a while since I've watched a game featuring two Big Ten teams the Gophers have beaten, especially in the first half of January!

Maryland is terrible. Wow. Down a dozen at the half to Michigan w/out their best player.

juwanna take a stab at which team is likely to finish last in the bigten this year?

loving that the michigans and iowagians are currently on the bottom - no offense to captain kirk

Top Bottom