2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Need to watch the whole press conference for the proper context.

Vintage Izzo postgame press conference. It was a refreshingly long one. Didn’t mince words about anything, including himself, his players, his respect for Collins & Boo Buie, etc.

Houston is the last undefeated team left. Kelvin's Cougars are 14-0 and at Iowa State tomorrow

Treyton's Stetson Hatters are 10-6 and 2-0 in conference.
Thiam's High Point Panthers are 13-4 and 2-0 in conference
Ta'Lon's South Carolina Gamecocks are 13-1 and 1-0 in conference

Win streaks, of course Houston with their 14-0
Utah State Aggies with 13 straight
Samford Bulldogs with 13 straight
Grand Canyon Lopes with 11

Losing streaks
Detroit Mercy sitting at 0-17 for the year
Mississippi Valley State at 0-14 for the year
Alcorn State has lost 12 straight

in another court, Shannon suing U of Illinois to play this season
Interesting. Probably trying to dovetail on the Texas Tech (A&M?) guy who is being allowed to play as a civil sexual misconduct lawsuit plays out. There is a difference in criminal and civil, though. This will be interesting to watch. I think Illinois did the right thing, especially given the criminal proceedings. From a PR perspective, they would also have been skewered if they let him play.

Interesting. Probably trying to dovetail on the Texas Tech (A&M?) guy who is being allowed to play as a civil sexual misconduct lawsuit plays out. There is a difference in criminal and civil, though. This will be interesting to watch. I think Illinois did the right thing, especially given the criminal proceedings. From a PR perspective, they would also have been skewered if they let him play.
along that line. Mikey Williams entered the portal and looks to be leaving memphis (along with jj taylor). Mikey wasn't on campus and not playing but was taking online courses. Mikey was originally charged with 9 felonies following a shooting, but recently plead guilty to a gun charge (misdemeanor if he completes 80 hours of community service).

didn't sue Memphis but chose to leave instead

Iowa State up 10 at half in their game with Houston, 31-21
Cougars shooting 6-20 mostly because of the Cyclone defense.

41-41 with about 10 minutes left.

Last edited:

Not watching the game, just checking the box score of the DePaul game against Creighton. Looks as if Henley's minutes are down in this one. All 0's for Jaden except for 1 turnover. Tough sledding for the Blue Demons this year.

Man, had to double check. 28-21 at half Boise State over Colorado State. (Thought I stumbled upon an old football score,)

Not watching the game, just checking the box score of the DePaul game against Creighton. Looks as if Henley's minutes are down in this one. All 0's for Jaden except for 1 turnover. Tough sledding for the Blue Demons this year.
Was at the DePaul/Chicago State a few weeks ago, Henley played, but not well. Doesn't look stronger like Braeden

Hindsight is of course 20-20, but dang, from the outside looking in it doesn't appear to be a good move for him at all.
No, but now I see why he left, he wasn't going to come off the bench with Hawkins, Christie, and Mitchell coming aboard, all proven guards.

I see your point, but did he wait to enter the portal after Hawkins and Mitchell came aboard? Can’t remember.
Looks like Henley left in mid March, Mitchell came at the end of March, and Hawkins came in May. Of course Christie was already committed. Henley may have had an inkling on what was going to happen is my theory, though, you are right DePaul was a strange landing spot. DePaul still hasn't figured out they are now in the Big East and needs to recruit like it.

Looks like Henley left in mid March, Mitchell came at the end of March, and Hawkins came in May. Of course Christie was already committed. Henley may have had an inkling on what was going to happen is my theory, though, you are right DePaul was a strange landing spot.
Yeah, state of how things are now. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Top Bottom