2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

So many guys cramping up. Leaving it all out there. Though I guess this was a bloody nose.

WOOOWWWW! TCU has to be heartbroken. They were right there they had it and it all went to hell in this OT.

That was one hell of a game to wrap up the first weekend. Koloko and Mathurin are the best 1/2 combo in the NCAA, imo. And the team is downright scary when Kriisa is hitting his shots. I've seen a couple of their games later here in the season when they didn't have a guy on the floor that you could leave open.

As I watched both Kalscheur and Carr star for their respective teams yesterday, I was reminded that Pitino had them both last year and finished in 13th place in the B1G. Couldn't help but feel cheated somehow.

Seriously....the refs did everything in their power to give that game to Wisconsin, and they still choked!! Anyone notice how many sprained ankles happen with Wisconsin guys stepping under opposing teams shooters. Chucky even hurt himself stepping under a guy on a wide open lay-up. So many bizarre calls. The jump ball with about a minute left was ridiculous. The ISU kid (curly blonde hair...can't think of his name) was fouled probably 3 times and i don't even think Wisconsin had their hands on the ball when a jump was called. Laughable. Finally, could there have been an easier to path to the Sweet 16 than to play Colgate and than ISU (basically at home)?????

Last edited:

And this has to be one of the worst calls of the tournament so far.........

Looking at the Power 6 conference results for the first weekend:
(#teams selected, # teams remaining, record)
  • ACC 5, 3 (UNC, Duke, Miami), 8-2
  • Big East 6, 2 (Vill, Prov), 5-4
  • Big Ten 9, 2 (MI, Purdue), 9-7
  • Big Twelve 6, 3 (KS, ISU, Tex Tech), 9-3
  • PAC-Twelve 3, 2 (AZ, UCLA), 4-1
  • SEC 6, 1 (Ark), 4-5

A few thoughts:
  • SEC has obviously had the worst showing so far, especially considering they had two #2 seeds and a #3 seed that have lost. (Remember how TN [and many analysts] were screaming that they should have received a 2 seed instead of Duke?)
  • ACC has exceeded expectations, but will be surprised (but not shocked) if any of them make the final four.
  • Big 12 has been solid - even with the Baylor defeat, the other teams are doing well, especially considering that both Texas and TCU narrowly lost yesterday
  • Big 10 - to be honest, this is how I thought they would do (although I thought that WI could at least win 2 home games against double digit seeds, and that IA would win at least one game)
  • Big East, PAC-12 - as expected. A Villanova-AZ Regional Final could determine the National Champ

Last edited:

• SEC 6, 1 (Ark), 4-5

A few thoughts:
  • SEC has obviously had the worst showing so far, especially considering they had two #2 seeds and a #3 seed that have lost. (Remember how TN [and many analysts] were screaming that they should have received a 2 seed instead of Duke?)
  • ACC has exceeded expectations, but will be surprised (but not shocked) if any of them make the final four.
  • Big 12 has been solid - even with the Baylor defeat, the other teams are doing well, especially considering that both Texas and TCU narrowly lost yesterday
  • Big 10 - to be honest, this is how I thought they would do (although I thought that WI could at least win 2 home games against double digit seeds, and that IA would win at least one game)
  • Big East, PAC-12 - as expected. A Villanova-AZ Regional Final could determine the National Champ
generally would say your post is a fair assessment. I think the other way to look at it is if teams themselves overachieved, under achieved or did what was expected.

The B10 for example, Indiana, Rutgers, Mich St, Purdue, OSU, Ill all did about what I'd expect. Iowa and Wisconsin greatly underachieved. Michigan exceeded expectations. Because of Iowa and WI, I imagine people will be saying it was another bad year for the B10 unless Mich or Purdue win it. Even a Final Four from one of them won't remove the opinion.

And this has to be one of the worst calls of the tournament so far.........
It was a horrible call, not sure what the heck the refs thought they saw. Kid was clearly just holding onto the rim to stop him momentum and wasn't trying to showboat at all.

• SEC 6, 1 (Ark), 4-5

A few thoughts:
When Duke and UNC meet in coach K's farewell tour Roy Williams will come out of retirement and will embarrass coach K once again and then promptly lose to ISU. Or at least that would be my ideal tournament.

Been on vacation for the entire tournament. Watched when I could. Back for the rest. Will be interesting to see what some of the lower seeds do in the sweet 16

Top Bottom