2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Would like to see them put a time limit on the reviews. 30 seconds or a minute, if there isn't a definitive view in that amount of time you go with the call that was made on the court and move on.
Would like to see no review. We decided no review for the first 38 minutes of the game. I guess those possessions don’t matter?

Found an article on MSN that was somewhat interesting. Surprised about it due to the attention they received. Maybe all the other officials suck just as bad.

"Despite the controversy surrounding the end of the Baylor-North Carolina game, the officials from that contest didn’t receive a punishment. Two of the three officials from that game will be officiating in the next round.

One of them will be in Philadelphia – where the Tar Heels will play next.

“If this info is correct, two of the three officials from UNC-Baylor—including Kip Kissinger—advanced to the next round, and one of them (Brent Hampton) is in Philadelphia with the Tar Heels,” North Carolina writer Adam Lucas said."

NCAA Makes Decision On UNC vs. Baylor Referees (msn.com)

Last edited:

Been on vacation for the entire tournament. Watched when I could. Back for the rest. Will be interesting to see what some of the lower seeds do in the sweet 16
One double digit seed is guaranteed a spot in the elite 8 due to the ISU/Miami matchup. The others will have a very uphill road. The interesting one is Michigan though as they have a lot of highly rated talent on that team, they just haven't put it all together consistently.

If they can get their inside/outside game going they are a threat against pretty much anyone since there are not a lot of big guys that can matchup well with Dickenson.

Would like to see no review. We decided no review for the first 38 minutes of the game. I guess those possessions don’t matter?
I kind of wonder why they haven't gone to more of a coaches challenge model. Give the coaches each 2 challenges they can use anytime in the game with a timelimit on how long the reviews can last. Once the challenges are gone they go with the call on the court and play on.

One double digit seed is guaranteed a spot in the elite 8 due to the ISU/Miami matchup. The others will have a very uphill road. The interesting one is Michigan though as they have a lot of highly rated talent on that team, they just haven't put it all together consistently.

If they can get their inside/outside game going they are a threat against pretty much anyone since there are not a lot of big guys that can matchup well with Dickenson.
I planned to bet on Michigan winning it all. Odds were long but that is a really talented team. Wheels can off at anytime with them though.

I planned to bet on Michigan winning it all. Odds were long but that is a really talented team. Wheels can off at anytime with them though.
Yeah, tough to feel confident in them pulling it off but they do have the ability to win it all if they can manage to stay hot. I would love to see St. Peter's find a way to keep on winning just for the fun of it.

I kind of wonder why they haven't gone to more of a coaches challenge model. Give the coaches each 2 challenges they can use anytime in the game with a timelimit on how long the reviews can last. Once the challenges are gone they go with the call on the court and play on.
Yeah. College Football they for sure should go to that

Jones practiced Tues and Wed and will play, but who knows how effective he'll be. Judging by the interview I read, it was a significant concussion, and he hasn't felt totally right since that time. Nova has a strong backcourt, and it would be nice to have him at full speed just to match up defensively against the Wildcats.

Jones practiced Tues and Wed and will play, but who knows how effective he'll be. Judging by the interview I read, it was a significant concussion, and he hasn't felt totally right since that time. Nova has a strong backcourt, and it would be nice to have him at full speed just to match up defensively against the Wildcats.
They have done fine without Jones but am sure they would love to have him back tonight and agree he could be huge against a team like Nova with their guard play.

Really looking forward to AZ vs. Hou in the nightcap. Have AZ winning it all but man they have a brutal path to the championship game in front of them. Not that anything is easy when you get to this point but the prospect of having to beat Houston, Nova, and Kansas just to get to the championship game is pretty daunting.

Of the two nights for the Sweet 16, this one has the best power house matchups. Tomorrow brings that more interesting stories with St. Peter's and the 2 double digit seeds going at it. My gut feeling is that the eventual champion will be playing in one of the games tonight. But there are a number of teams it could potentially be out of that group.

It's Barkley time.

Here's where my bracket starts to separate from everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably the wrong way, but separation is coming.

It's Barkley time.

Here's where my bracket starts to separate from everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably the wrong way, but separation is coming.
Survived the opening weekend in way better shape than I usually do. Typically by this point I am just wanting the games for fun and not really even thinking about my bracket anymore.

Survived the opening weekend in way better shape than I usually do. Typically by this point I am just wanting the games for fun and not really even thinking about my bracket anymore.
My bracket sucks, but so far only Can'tucky is out of my final 4. Tonight will make a huge difference.

17-16 Arkansas. Game over. Oh wait 18-17 Gonz. I'm toast.

Horrible offensive foul flop. Standard for this year's refs.

Michigan 1/6 free throws at the half. Juwan needs PJ's timeout strategy.

Arkansas/Zaga is a great game. Let's go Razorbacks!

Both of the later games should be really good ones too.

Bet against Gonaga and Michigan including a parley, lets go baby! This will be epic if it happens!

Woo Pig Sooie! This would shake up a lot of brackets. And I have Arkansas winning this game. Gonzaga is a very good team....but in no way elite like they were last year.

Top Bottom