2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

It might be the worst thing to happen to your bracket, but the tournament loves touting and underdog. So, I respectfully disagree.
Yeah, St. Peters hasn’t looked flukey in either win to this point. Stories like theirs are what make the tournament awesome.

I think Curbelo has too.

100%

Curbelo looked like he was going to be a stud last year. He's been a liability for the most part this year. And with Cockburn....I think part of it is just effort. When Illinois is struggling....he just looks uninterested and lazy.

Fraizer got bailed out by a REALLY weak foul call on that three.

....and then proceeded to make only one of three free throws.

Fraizer got bailed out by a REALLY weak foul call on that three.

....and then proceeded to make only one of three free throws.
Not sure the defender even touched him.

Not worth getting into it for me. The pay is crappy and unless you know people it’s hard to move up. This is part of the issue.

If you're good you can work your way up pretty quickly. The pay is nice if you're working major college basketball games.

100%

Curbelo looked like he was going to be a stud last year. He's been a liability for the most part this year. And with Cockburn....I think part of it is just effort. When Illinois is struggling....he just looks uninterested and lazy.

Maybe Cockburn is irritated that he's still playing in college but regressing isn't the way to increase pro interest.

Yeah. I’ve noticed a big time drop in officiating quality in the past 10-15 years and have not watched nearly as much non gopher hoops because of it
Just read an article on the unc Baylor game yesterday. Inconsistent calls created the garbage. I do not see how it is so difficult to be consistent.

As I watch the tournament I can’t help but wonder which programs are clean or cleaner than others. Frustrating to think about especially the coaches that are known cheaters.

They just have too much impact. Their purpose is to make sure the games are fair and safe. Not to be the centerpiece.

I know someone working the NCAA tournament who did just that
I know someone who is the head of officiating who is a shit piece official. It has more to do with luck and connections than competence.

I am glad you know someone who is quality who was promoted. I know plenty of people who are quality who aren’t promoted and plenty of terrible officials who get big assignments

They just have too much impact. Their purpose is to make sure the games are fair and safe. Not to be the centerpiece.
Someone needs to tell them that. Unfortunately a lot of the heads of officiating are the most self-important people in the world…so they don’t really give that message well.

Someone needs to tell them that. Unfortunately a lot of the heads of officiating are the most self-important people in the world…so they don’t really give that message well.
That garbage Baylor game is getting a lot of attention. Hopefully more of this gets around and gets people focused on it and forces some changes. They act like it's baseball where a call has to be made on every play and it's not good for the spirit of competition.

Houston just more jump in their game. They're feeling it. Too bad, wanted Illinois after that technical. Lots of game left though. Who knows.

I feel like if Illinois used Cockburn like he was their third best player he would dominate. And be a 14pt type guy on 9 shots. They should move the ball and just let the defense get out of position until he gets a seal.

But since they try to feature him their whole offense gets bogged down because he isn’t a good enough passer to be the focal point. It basically looks like 20 seconds of attempting to post him up without ball movement.

Is that the Globetrotters bit? Dribble past every single player on Illinois. And then hit a 3.

Top Bottom