2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Looked like it was going to be a close game, but Maryland is hammering Purdue in the 2nd half. And stormed the court.

Last edited:

Kansas State 7-6 in conference and #12 ranking. Iowa State 8-5 #19. UCONN I think I saw was 8-7 and #20. Just looks odd.

Kansas State 7-6 in conference and #12 ranking. Iowa State 8-5 #19. UCONN I think I saw was 8-7 and #20. Just looks odd.
Does look odd but the conferences are so deep especially Big 12. Texas Tech won today at WVU to go 15-12, 4-10. 3 of their last 4 are winnable. Could see them jumping on the bubble at 18-13, 7-11 out of the Big 12

Does look odd but the conferences are so deep especially Big 12. Texas Tech won today at WVU to go 15-12, 4-10. 3 of their last 4 are winnable. Could see them jumping on the bubble at 18-13, 7-11 out of the Big 12
I get that, just the optics of it. Also, I just saw TCU 6-7 in conference and #22. I haven't paid much attention for years other than major events, like the tournament, so it just struck me.

Good win for Michigan last night. Have a chance to push their way into the tourney.

Ohio St sucks. My god.

Nebraska looking better and better. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes for them. Hoiberg playing 2 seniors today. Up 7 at the half.

Iowa Northwestern is a big one. Wildcats on fire.

Northwestern dominating. Iowa can’t score. Shooting awful. Northwestern brings it defensively.

Drake still leading the MVC after a 14 pt drubbing of Belmont (score makes it feel closer than it was)! Although at 23-6 they really still realistically need to win the MVC tournament to be safe for an NCAA tourney bid.

I don’t believe you’re a fan. You are upset Garcia isn’t injured anymore.
No. I was simply trying to cheer you guys up.

You're so upset after every loss, crying like winning these games this year is so important. You were all lamenting the fact that Garcia was still out in a thread. Saying how terrible the game will be. So I simply said...cheer up. Him being out improves the chances of him returning next year. And we know you don't have the patience to wait for the year-after-next to have a good program built.

No. I was simply trying to cheer you guys up.

You're so upset after every loss, crying like winning these games this year is so important. You were all lamenting the fact that Garcia was still out in a thread. Saying how terrible the game will be. So I simply said...cheer up. Him being out improves the chances of him returning next year. And we know you don't have the patience to wait for the year-after-next to have a good program built.

The losses don’t bother me. Those are expected. Watching terrible basketball does bother me.

The problem with waiting for a rebuild is there is no guarantee it happens. You act as if there is 100% chance the team will be competitive in 2 years. To assume that is foolish. Plenty of teams are bad for several consecutive years. Could be 5 years. Or 8. Or 20. If you don’t understand that—no worries.

Outscored them 55-26 in the 2nd half. Wow
The Phog was loud early but by half went pretty tame. By about the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half it was freakin loud again. Not a better environment in college BB.

Love them or hate them, if you are a fan of college BB and have yet to experience Phog Allen Fieldhouse, I highly recommend making the 7 hour drive for a game.

The losses don’t bother me. Those are expected. Watching terrible basketball does bother me.

The problem with waiting for a rebuild is there is no guarantee it happens. You act as if there is 100% chance the team will be competitive in 2 years. To assume that is foolish. Plenty of teams are bad for several consecutive years. Could be 5 years. Or 8. Or 20. If you don’t understand that—no worries.
I agree that there's no guarantee that the ground-up rebuilt will work. But...I set goals for progress...and so far we're on track. Our freshmen are having a few good games (the last 5 games of the season is what I really want to look at)...and the 2023 recruiting class is very good.

The Phog was loud early but by half went pretty tame. By about the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half it was freakin loud again. Not a better environment in college BB.

Love them or hate them, if you are a fan of college BB and have yet to experience Phog Allen Fieldhouse, I highly recommend making the 7 hour drive for a game.
Definitely on my bucket list.

Kansa used to be my 2nd team behind the Gophers. Kinda became my 1B team for awhile. We used to get one of the local channels out of Fargo that carried the ND state tournament. I watched Jeff Boschee play and then followed him to Kansas. Then really fell in love with the Hinrich, Collison, Gooden teams.

Marquette takes down Creighton in Omaha in an incredibly well played and competitive game that I dream about seeing in the Barn. Not any sure fire NBA players on the court that I noticed either.

Marquette takes down Creighton in Omaha in an incredibly well played and competitive game that I dream about seeing in the Barn. Not any sure fire NBA players on the court that I noticed either.

Lotta fringe NBA potential in that game. Two of the guys with the most NBA "potential" looked bad though. Kaluma for Creighton and Prosper for MU

Crazy that both teams could conceivably almost entirely run it back next year if guys return.

Top Bottom