2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

New Mexico currently looking meh against Air Force. Jalen House is out with an injury and the wheels are falling off without him.
Richard starting to look frustrated.

Lobos picked a bad time to sleepwalk. If they’re not careful they’re going to play their way completely out of the tournament. They almost look disinterested tonight. Maybe the pressure (of a potential bid) is getting to them?

Lobos picked a bad time to sleepwalk. If they’re not careful they’re going to play their way completely out of the tournament. They almost look disinterested tonight. Maybe the pressure (of a potential bid) is getting to them?
They can’t honestly be in right now with a 6-5 conference record?

They can’t honestly be in right now with a 6-5 conference record?
(by my estimation) They’ve been solidly in for quite awhile, but not any longer. They’re leaking some serious oil. A bid is certainly precarious now. Richard needs to right the ship soon, time is running low on the season.

New Mexico currently looking meh against Air Force. Jalen House is out with an injury and the wheels are falling off without him.
Richard starting to look frustrated.

Getting run off the court by a bad AF team. They had a real nice win @St. Mary's early in the year....but they didn't play a Power 5 team in the non-con....and a lot of the mid majors they played (like San Fran) that are typically good have been mediocre to bad. SD State was a good win too.

Getting run off the court by a bad AF team. They had a real nice win @St. Mary's early in the year....but they didn't play a Power 5 team in the non-con....and a lot of the mid majors they played (like San Fran) that are typically good have been mediocre to bad. SD State was a good win too.
Yep, they’re pretty much living off the road wins @ Saint Mary’s and San Diego State. Also have good wins over Boise State & ORU, but they need to add on to that. Haven’t beat a good team since Jan. 20.

Yep, they’re pretty much living off the road wins @ Saint Mary’s and San Diego State. Also have good wins over Boise State & ORU, but they need to add on to that. Haven’t beat a good team since Jan. 20.

If I set the over/under at 2 bids for that league historically, would they typically receive more/less/at 2 bids?

If I set the over/under at 2 bids for that league historically, would they typically receive more/less/at 2 bids?
That’s a tough one. Without looking it up, I’d take the over on 2. Seems like they’re usually a 2-bid league, sometimes 3. Last year a bit of an outlier with 4.

For interesting games, this is the year of the two Gophers hockey teams, it appears.

Didn’t see the game but box score suggested House was out. That’s a big loss. I’ll poke at the elephant in the room and suggest we’ve seen previews of this story at Minnesota in the last eight years or so.

Didn’t see the game but box score suggested House was out. That’s a big loss. I’ll poke at the elephant in the room and suggest we’ve seen previews of this story at Minnesota in the last eight years or so.
House has a pulled hammy, I think. Still no excuse to get totally boat-raced by Air Force. Mash was pretty much all they had last night.

(by my estimation) They’ve been solidly in for quite awhile, but not any longer. They’re leaking some serious oil. A bid is certainly precarious now. Richard needs to right the ship soon, time is running low on the season.
Yeah I totally understood earlier this year, but figured this last slide did them in. Can’t imagine a MW conference team gets in with 7 conference losses unless they make via the conference tourney even with the good wins

Looks like Georgia will take down Kentucky, dropping Cats off the bracket by Lunardi. Can’t believe the Kentucky mob will keep patient with Cal. Not sure what’s going on there but seeing a deflated Kentucky nation is not all bad.

Looks like Georgia will take down Kentucky, dropping Cats off the bracket by Lunardi. Can’t believe the Kentucky mob will keep patient with Cal. Not sure what’s going on there but seeing a deflated Kentucky nation is not all bad.

Interesting how 3 of the most talented teams in the country have really struggled. Kentucky, Duke, and Arkansas, although Arkansas is starting to show some signs of life.

Interesting how 3 of the most talented teams in the country have really struggled. Kentucky, Duke, and Arkansas, although Arkansas is starting to show some signs of life.
I don’t follow rosters closely enough to know for sure but I wonder if it’s an issue of talent and experience balance. The brave new world requires coaches to have the right balance of talent and experience. Purdue is a shoe in, but inexperienced guards could be their Achilles heel.

Oklahoma blowing a chance to get back on the bubble getting blown out at home by Kansas.

I was wondering how Duke would do. I don't know that this is a popular opinion, but K was a fantastic coach. It's going to be hard to fill his shoes. They'll always get good players because they're Duke, but...

If they don't oust Cal, it'll be interesting to see if he can right the ship. Maybe this is just a bad batch for him. On the other hand, maybe the NIL liberalization has leveled the playing field, and his brand of cheating doesn't give him the edge it used to.

Wisconsin is bad.

Loss to Nebraska probably has them not making the tournament. They get to play us once more.....but their other five games are Michigan, Rutgers, Iowa, @Michigan, and Purdue. Lots of home games....but stiff competition.

House has a pulled hammy, I think. Still no excuse to get totally boat-raced by Air Force. Mash was pretty much all they had last night.
Mash played hero ball and he isn't good enough to beat Air Force 1 on 5.

Michigan chokes their way out of a win. It could be the difference between the Dance and the NIT.

Top Bottom