2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Marquette takes down Creighton in Omaha in an incredibly well played and competitive game that I dream about seeing in the Barn. Not any sure fire NBA players on the court that I noticed either.
Really good example about coaches being in the right fit and how much it matters. McDermott didn’t work at ISU, but handles the offensive freedom in the Big East better. Shaka also fitting at Marquette better where he can do more of his pressure defense.

Fran might do well to put his kids on the bench for a while. Neither contributes much. Iowa, the offensive juggernaut, limped to 52 points tonight.

Virginia struggling of late. Got blasted by a sub .500 BC team tonight while only scoring 48 points.

Fran might do well to put his kids on the bench for a while. Neither contributes much. Iowa, the offensive juggernaut, limped to 52 points tonight.
As far as W goes, looks like Wahl is getting his sea legs back and the Badgers are figuring some things out. They smell a chance to worm their way back into the NCAA picture, so they'll be tough to beat a week from Sunday. I still like our chances, though.

People pine for Iowa at times, but they have been notoriously inconsistent under Fran. Feast or famine on offense and no defense. It might be almost more frustrating than what we deal with. They “should “ be better. We know we have no chance right now.

Penn State at 17 wins and within a game of .500 in conference.

Im just gonna keep saying it.

GUARDS win titles. You have got to have guards.

Nova is back(maybe too little too late) because their FF caliber guard is back running the point. When they didnt have one almost all year.

Fran with an epic stare-down with the ref in the Iowa/MSU game. He had already gotten a tech, so it was funny watching both men step towards each other, yet say nothing.

Can’t imagine there’s been too many games where both teams scored 100 in regulation.

Welp that was fun, although would still rather have MSU win over Iowa. Then of course they go directly to the #8 in the country, starring none other than former Gopher Marcus Carr (sigh).

Welp that was fun, although would still rather have MSU win over Iowa. Then of course they go directly to the #8 in the country, starring none other than former Gopher Marcus Carr (sigh).
Carr is a bummer but was never a realistic option to stick around. Hard to get upset about that. Gabe is more heartbreaking ❤️‍🩹 he seems like he should have been convinced to stay.

Carr is a bummer but was never a realistic option to stick around. Hard to get upset about that. Gabe is more heartbreaking ❤️‍🩹 he seems like he should have been convinced to stay.
I was mentioning Gabe in the same breath to my father at dinner, then Liam (ironically a former Drake Bulldog and Gopher) and Vanderbilt showed up on my screen. Seriously it’s painful to watch all of our former players tear it up.

Top Bottom