2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

Don't understand why the opt out guys are on the sideline
Been that way for several bowl games the last couple days. Probably because they were invited to be there.

What don’t you ask Big Dan or Blaise that question smart guy? Or would you be criticizing them instead of defending the opt-out/quitting.

U strike me as a nerd who never played competitive sports - participated possibly, but didn’t play, asking that question cinches it for me.

some consider their teammates their brothers and/or others realize this is the most fun they’ll have playing a sport they love and have spent uncountable hours practicing and in the weight room. I’d give up a lot to play ball in college again, my sport their was baseball ⚾️. If u played, you’d understand.

Savvy, kiddo?
Geez.

Most of the top opt-out guys have talked to agents, know more or less where they'll be drafted, and how much money it means. They aren't willing to risk that. I get it. I don't like it, but I understand it.

I'm predicting fisticuffs. Utah's really fired up and there a bit chippy and tOSU is really disinterested, but getting annoyed.

Geez.

Most of the top opt-out guys have talked to agents, know more or less where they'll be drafted, and how much money it means. They aren't willing to risk that. I get it. I don't like it, but I understand it.
I agree with you point, but I was clapping back at a 😈 who has been stalking me in the thread and it Getz old.

also I found his comments hilarious as we played after 12/23 (date he provided) and Big Dan is a borderline first rounder, while Blaise is 2/3 rounder as of now.

kids have many more distractions today, so to say nothin has changed is nuts - my Iriginal Atari console backs that up. Kids are more entitled today IMO

there are also plenty of non - opt NFL guys who didn’t bail on their teams and play for the reasons I supplied. An ex-player understands and non player doesn’t; plus u can always take out an insurance policy - which pre opt out was discussed frequently during bowl season.

Last edited:

I agree with you point, but I was clapping back at a 😈 who has been stalking me in the thread and it Getz old.

also I found his comments hilarious as we played after 12/23 (date he provided) and Big Dan is a borderline first rounder, while Blaise is 2/3 rounder as of now.

kids have many more distractions today, so to say nothin has changed is nuts - my Iriginal Atari console backs that up. Kids are more entitled today IMO

there are also plenty of non - opt NFL guys who didn’t bail on their teams and play for the reasons I supplied. An ex-player understands and non player doesn’t; plus u can always take out an insurance policy - which pre opt out was discussed frequently during bowl season.

Got it. And personally, I would not have opted out if I were them. But like I said, I understand, especially if a guy comes from a poor family.

They are supposed to be "preparing for the draft"
I have no idea of knowing this, but I think some of the top trainers for guys preparing for the draft are located out West. Just spitballing on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

What don’t you ask Big Dan or Blaise that question smart guy? Or would you be criticizing them instead of defending the opt-out/quitting.

U strike me as a nerd who never played competitive sports - participated possibly, but didn’t play, asking that question cinches it for me.

some consider their teammates their brothers and/or others realize this is the most fun they’ll have playing a sport they love and have spent uncountable hours practicing and in the weight room. I’d give up a lot to play ball in college again, my sport their was baseball ⚾️. If u played, you’d understand.

Savvy, kiddo?
Do you disagree that more people are opting out? Why do you think they’re opting out? They’re just quitting?

if the nfl was punishing them for quitting on the team do you think they’re still opting out?

congrats on being a college ball player back before color tv existed!

Jesus.
Sorry I got in your head so bad.
I will never respond to you again, I promise

Do you disagree that more people are opting out? Why do you think they’re opting out? They’re just quitting?

if the nfl was punishing them for quitting on the team do you think they’re still opting out?

congrats on being a college ball player back before color tv existed!
Why is it the NFLs job to get kids to play in bowl games? Teams should not draft someone because they skipped a game?

Why is it the NFLs job to get kids to play in bowl games? Teams should not draft someone because they skipped a game?
Did not say that at all.

people are doing what they’re doing. They’re doing what’s best for them.

The NfL has to try to get the guy they think is best. Clearly if you think a guy is a quitter you don’t want him on your team. So I was just pointing out that clearly nfl executives don’t view bowl game opt outs the same as quitting on the team. Otherwise they wouldn’t spend high picks on “quitters”

And when guys learned the nfl doesn’t consider it a negative to opt out of bowls, more guys started thinking about it as an option.

pre - mccaffery and Fournette it wasn’t really a common thing. Post that draft, happens all the time.

Personally I wouldn’t view a guy skipping a bowl game as a reason not to draft him. I don’t think it’s the same thing as being a quitter. I’m sure someone else might.

Geez.

How about if a wide receiver has two games in October totaling 27 catches and 400 yards? His agent says "you have nothing more to prove; your're going in first round. I just hope you don't get hurt."

Would you be ok if he quit the team to protect his financial future?

How about if a wide receiver has two games in October totaling 27 catches and 400 yards? His agent says "you have nothing more to prove; your're going in first round. I just hope you don't get hurt."

Would you be ok if he quit the team to protect his financial future?
Whether or not any of us are 'okay' with it really doesn't matter. Didn't Bateman basically do that last season? (and yes, I realize last season was like nothing else).

Wonder if Utah will regret kicking a FG on the last drive; per the field goal line on TV they were in range

Whether or not any of us are 'okay' with it really doesn't matter. Didn't Bateman basically do that last season? (and yes, I realize last season was like nothing else).
Yeah. If bateman opt out hurt his draft stock, that’s his choice.

I personally don’t hate bateman for what he did. He was fun to watch and I’m glad we had him when we did. We could trash him for quitting on us, but I’m not sure what that does for us other than making a few people feel better

Marvin Harrison Jr is going to be a nightmare for secondaries over the next 3 years. Big, strong, fast and fundamentally sound.
I mean his dad was ok so not totally surprising :)

But yeah, JR is 3" taller and looks like he is going to be very very good. Crazy how deep OSU is at WR that he was buried on their depth chart.

Walked off field under own power so that is encouraging.
Yeah. It looked like he was just out cold. So hopefully just a concussion

didn’t look like neck either: so I’m hoping he was literally just unconscious for a minute. Doubt we will see him again though

Top Bottom