2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

Don't know how this call will go, but from what I've watched with my team, OSU players don't get called for targeting.....

I'm curious how many OSU defenders are gone today via opt-out or sick. The defense looks lost.

They had an extended honest conversation about it today on GameDay and all three ex-players agreed it’s different today for some, but not all players.

I don’t know if there is a way to address it to limit or not, but hopefully the powers that be can take a look at it
The only thing that has changed is that the money in the nfl has grown so large and the nfl has shown it will not punish guys who opt out in the draft order. The way to stop this was to not have Fournette and Mccaffrey get drafted

When those two both opted out and both were selected top 8 anyways at a position that usually doesn’t go top 8…it said that the nfl doesn’t care if you opt out.

and football is a fall sport, committing to the bowl game isn’t committing to one more week…it is committing to an extra month or month and a half. It is committing in many cases to missing a family holiday.

If you know you aren’t even going to be on campus ever again…why are you risking injury to practice away from home Dec 23

I think that would have happened without question.
This article discusses that expanding the playoffs would likely result in fewer opt outs, because playing for a shot at a national title would matter to most more than a bowl.

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit on players opting out of bowl games: 'I think this era of player just doesn't love football'
It was hard for me to take Kirk seriously when he started blaming video games for some reason. The laziest possible argument.

It doesn’t have any bearing on what he is.
It does provide an indication of what he is

Just like him losing to Michigan this year doesn’t change who he is. But it does mean he did something Meyer never did
Lol. Ok. You have to find a way to respond to me like 10 times a day. It’s amazing.

Video game going on in Rose Bowl. Nobody can cover or tackle.

Utah might lose to Ohio state missing 22 scholarship players. PAC-12 is a joke

This reminds me of some Big 12 games the last few years where nobody plays any defense.

Note - I love these kinds of games.

Utah has never seen a team that can pass. Imagine if Olave and Garrett were there? Ohio St would score 70.

The only thing that has changed is that the money in the nfl has grown so large and the nfl has shown it will not punish guys who opt out in the draft order. The way to stop this was to not have Fournette and Mccaffrey get drafted

When those two both opted out and both were selected top 8 anyways at a position that usually doesn’t go top 8…it said that the nfl doesn’t care if you opt out.

and football is a fall sport, committing to the bowl game isn’t committing to one more week…it is committing to an extra month or month and a half. It is committing in many cases to missing a family holiday.

If you know you aren’t even going to be on campus ever again…why are you risking injury to practice away from home Dec 23
What don’t you ask Big Dan or Blaise that question smart guy? Or would you be criticizing them instead of defending the opt-out/quitting.

U strike me as a nerd who never played competitive sports - participated possibly, but didn’t play, asking that question cinches it for me.

some consider their teammates their brothers and/or others realize this is the most fun they’ll have playing a sport they love and have spent uncountable hours practicing and in the weight room. I’d give up a lot to play ball in college again, my sport their was baseball ⚾️. If u played, you’d understand.

Savvy, kiddo?

This Ohio St. Utah game is just bananas. Crazy shootout. First team to 60 wins.

Top Bottom