2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

Turned away. How in the hell is whyowa up 17-13? They shouldn't even have 17 yards, let alone points.

This is the kind of game Iowa tends to pull out. Anemic offense for 2 1/2 to 3 quarters. Defense keeps it close. Offense does just enough down the stretch to get the win. We'll see how this plays out, but at least it is a game now.

Would love Ohio state to lose
Would love Ryan day to turn out to be a guy who was good enough to win with Urban’s players but not good enough to continue to dominate the conference like urban did

Kentucky is so stupid, running straight into the teeth of Iowa D two in a row.

It's really stupid that the Outback Bowl and Citrus Bowl are on at the same time. Why not shift one to 3:00 or 3:30 so there are two afternoon games rather than three early games?
Want more eyes on the Rose Bowl. Always been that way.

Cowboys going to basketball-on-grass to come back vs. the Irish. Fun game. My good friend is a massive Irish fan but can't shut up about them not making the CFP. Gawd, I hope they lose.

Cowboys going to basketball-on-grass to come back vs. the Irish. Fun game. My good friend is a massive Irish fan but can't shut up about them not making the CFP. Gawd, I hope they lose.
Did he go to Notre dame?

If no, is he from the west metro?

Want more eyes on the Rose Bowl. Always been that way.

I understand that. But from ESPN's POV.....they want as much advertising $$$ as possible. I'd think splitting up the games.....two on at a time would maximize that.

Turned away. How in the hell is whyowa up 17-13? They shouldn't even have 17 yards, let alone points.
The BIG brass called over to the Iowa sideline. They told Ferrentz that Penn State just massively shit the bed and they really need Iowa to stop dicking around. Free beer and hookers if they win.

Would love Ohio state to lose
Would love Ryan day to turn out to be a guy who was good enough to win with Urban’s players but not good enough to continue to dominate the conference like urban did
If they lose today it has no bearing on what Ryan Day is or isn’t.

I understand that. But from ESPN's POV.....they want as much advertising $$$ as possible. I'd think splitting up the games.....two on at a time would maximize that.
I would guess the big ten makes more money from 1 huge number and 3 small ones than 4 medium ones.

they probably make more money on the rose bowl than the Outback and Citrus combined…I would guess

If they lose today it has no bearing on what Ryan Day is or isn’t.
It doesn’t have any bearing on what he is.
It does provide an indication of what he is

Just like him losing to Michigan this year doesn’t change who he is. But it does mean he did something Meyer never did

The BIG brass called over to the Iowa sideline. They told Ferrentz that Penn State just massively shit the bed and they really need Iowa to stop dicking around. Free beer and hookers if they win.
That gets shared by the conference, right? What about fans? I need free beer.....

The Citrus and Rose Bowls have the best logos

I would guess the big ten makes more money from 1 huge number and 3 small ones than 4 medium ones.

they probably make more money on the rose bowl than the Outback and Citrus combined…I would guess

Maybe. I would think the Rose Bowl would have huge numbers regardless. My entire though on it is that people with two TV setups can only watch two of the three early. Leaving a gap there.

Typical Iowa today. Stout defense, couple turnovers, boring on O but a few big plays, no mistakes themselves. SEC seeing ugly ball at its best. UK prolly thought they were gonna roll Iowa after that B1G championship debacle.

Wow. Kentucky's receiver made an incredible catch there. He got smoked and held on.

Meanwhile.....OSU running back coughs up the ball as he's going into the end zone. Huge swing for ND.

If Iowa wins this the big ten needs to really appreciate how deep and balanced the west is. Minnesota, Iowa, Sconnie and Purdue all good teams. Illinois and Nebraska are not doormats either.
QFT. Nailed it. The depth is insane.

If Iowa wins this the big ten needs to really appreciate how deep and balanced the west is. Minnesota, Iowa, Sconnie and Purdue all good teams. Illinois and Nebraska are not doormats either.
If Iowa loses by 3 it doesn’t really change the way they played today either. The west is a really respectable league. Contrary to popular belief.

Iowa beat Penn state
Purdue beat Michigan state

Michigan and Ohio state were both better than everyone in the west this year.
No one else in the east would’ve 100% won the west and Michigan state is the only team that would even be in the top 4 IMO

Top Bottom